“Disappointing...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2005 South Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Flagstaff)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Houston, Texas
“Disappointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We checked in on New Year's after spending an exhausting day at the Grand Canyon..DH & I were on a road trip....
I have stayed at Fairfield Inns all over the states but never one that looked like a motel....but the rate was reasonable so no complaints.
My only concern was that the room on the 3rd floor we were given smelled like MOTH BALLS!! Yuck!
Spoke will Jillian (sp?)@ the front desk and was offered another room, but I declined because I didn't feel well and didn't want to pack up again. I have 2 nights reserved, probably head towards home a day early.....

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello nulungs95,

I do apologize that the room you were in had a bit of a smell to it. An option always for our guests if they are unsatisfied with the accommodations given is for a room move. I am sorry that you were not feeling well. I do understand the inconvenience of moving rooms in such circumstances. Thank you for your feedback.

(928)773-1300 ext. 780
jordanm@swhm.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Streator, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. I was here in Sept 2013 with my boyfriend on a Saturday night for a quick weekend trip. Then again in Dec 2013 for a Sunday night stay on my way to a family vacation in the Grand Canyon. The only reason for both was because I have free nights at category 4 or less Marriott properties and this is the only one anywhere near the Grand Canyon/Flagstaff area. Both times the hotel was sold-out. Both times there was only one girl working the front counter with people waiting and the phone going off the hook.
I stay at hotels 3 nights a week for a living, 48 weeks a year. I bounce between Marriott and Hilton properties. This one seriously needs to be reconsidered as a Fairfield or Marriott property altogether. I have no idea where the people that say its an amazing property get their opinions.
The hotel has a great location. Right off the 40 and the 17 on the west edge of Flagstaff. It is a little hard to find the entrance, if you GPS it, it takes you on Milton Road and you have to go down and turn around to get in. You will probably see a Hilton Garden Inn on the corner when you are trying to find this hotel. If you can, behind the HGI is the back entrance to the Fairfield, and that is way better to use. The hotel is in a V shape and the first thing you notice is that it is a half indoor and half outdoor/motel style hotel. The lobby is tiny and old. The elevator is inconviently located in the entrance of the lobby and needs a hotel key to access any of the floors. The breakfast area is very small and is so busy that it is hard to find anything available or the room to get in and get some food. The rooms are average sized and do have microwave and refrigerator in it. The bathrooms are super tiny, also V shaped, and the countertops are barely hip high. We stayed on the top floor (3) and this was the inside portion of the hotel. The bottom 2 floors are the outdoor ones. The walls are paper thin and you are able to hear everything that happens. What I experienced personally: Car alarms going off in the middle of the morning, a heater that made more noise than a rock band, kids running up and down the hall all hours, a tv that cuts in and out.
Needless to say that I wasn't impressed and probably wont return. There are a few other choices that I would pick in the area before this one again, now that I have given it a couple chances.

Room Tip: If you dont want to hear the people above you, choose something on the third/top floor and this will...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Storm0926,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

(928)773-1300 ext 780
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff is amazing! Really friendly & courteous. The rooms are very nice, clean & comfortable. The breakfast is great, good variety and quality.
The location is perfect. Close to Northern Arizona University and downtown Flagstaff. I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Thanks to all the staff for making my stay a great one!

• Stayed December 2013
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Greetings Iram2000,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your visit. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here. Please do think of us again for any return trips to beautiful Flagstaff!

Fairfield Inn - Flagstaff
(928)773-1300 EXT 780
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've been staying at a lot of Fairfield Inns or other hotels in their competing category. I'm a Marriott fan which is why I chose this place to stay but after staying at a number of really nice La Quinta Hotels in my personal travels I've become more critical of this level of Marriott Hotels. This hotel has inside entrance rooms (which I request) and outside entrance rooms. And their breakfast was adequate but uninspiring. I have to say the hotel staff were also fine, but did not distinguish themselves. I'd stay here again, but I'd try the La Quinta down the street first. Its very convenient to go to the Grand Canyon without paying the outrageous prices you are asked to pay closer to the park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hello Teresa M,

Thank you for taking the time providing a review of your stay. We use these reviews as valuable learning tools with our staff. Safe travels & happy holidays!

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Some friends and I traveled thru Flagstaff in early December on our way to Phoenix and we stayed at this hotel. It had just snowed that day--unexpectedly! The hotel took precautions to make sure guests were safe by redirecting travelers to the secondary entrance--the primary entrance was steep and iced over by the time we got there around 6pm! We were warmly greeted at check in and shared laughter about the unexpected snowfall :-). We asked for dinner suggestions--local places we could visit and were given 4 wonderful choices--lots of variety for us to choose from! The young lady even provided a map and walked us thru how to get to each restaurant! The rooms were warm and clean and cozy--perfect for a snowy visit to AZ in December! Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello Diana,

Thank you so much for the positive marks regarding your visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please do think of us for any return visits to beautiful Flagstaff!

Fairfield Inn Marriott Flagstaff
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Overnighted here on our way to warmer climes. Pleasantly surprised at reasonable prices on a holiday weekend compared to other hotels in the area. Rooms were very clean, modern and all amenities in good functioning condition. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise--hot eggs, sausage, fresh fruit and good coffee with real creamer, and the young lady who ran the breakfast went out of her way with several guests to meet their needs. We'd stay here again without question.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Good Morning Flattops,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you during a future visit to beautiful Flagstaff!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

OUr overnight stay began with meeting the cordial desk staff which had been well schooled in customer service. Our room was ready early and we were pleased with the accommodations. Although this is not a brand new motel, it has been well updated. The weather was cold and the afternoon brought snow but the quiet heater kept the room evenly warm. As the snow collected, staff came and shoveled the snow, sprinkled salt and the parking lot was cleared efficiently and quickly. Ingress and egress had to be from the rear entrance, though, because of original design flaw in the angle of the front entrance driveway.

The breakfast was efficiently run with two staffers who were there to make sure that the food was prepared and that tables were efficiently cleaned. It was, as advertised, a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage or waffles along with cereals, toast, bagels and pastries.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi Lee A ! Thank you so much for your review of our property. Your review of our property started my day in the perfect way. Since we are a bit of an older property, we look to overcome this obstacle by providing our guests with an exceptional service experience. Comments from people such as yourself help us to improve the quality of the service we provide. Thanks again and please come back and see us again in the future.

jordanm@swhm.com

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!