“Bad,Bad Motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane

You added Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 E Lucky Ln, I-40 at Exit 198/Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tecumseh, Oklahoma
“Bad,Bad Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Check in "starts at 3". That doesn't mean your room will be ready at 3. That means, the earliest you possible can check in is 3, IF your room is ready. So we waited. Waited while housekeepers were visiting and smoking (in view of guests who are waiting). Finally got checked in around 4pm. The room was disgusting. Black mold in the bathroom. Water stains had been painted over, not sealed first, so the stains were bleeding through.
Travelers, stay here only in an emergency, as a last resort, and really, you'd be better off sleeping in your car.
I'm done with Motel 6.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane, responded to this review, 4 days ago
MItchell,
Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

Had to find a place to crash "indoors" after backpacking the Grand Canyon. This was cheap, close to the highway. It's a cheap motel and thats exactly what it is, no more, no less. The outside, parking lot and office look a little sketchy, but the rooms had been remodeled with wood floors and were clean.

Room Tip: If you care about picking a good room, you should probably find another place to stay. Get a cheap...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I stay in this motel frequently when I'm in Flagstaff. I simply want a clean, quiet safe inexpensive place with the minimal working comforts, and this location provides that. My only criticism from past stays is that the outdoor walkways needed pressure washing due to an accumulation of gum and tobacco butt stains. The rooms have always met my expectations, and I was surprised earlier this year to find that my room had a microwave and mini-fridge, which, the first time, were provided at no extra cost. (Since then, there has been an added charge---$3.00 extra, I think, and quite reasonable.) On the stay before last, I have been delighted to find that they have been doing some remodeling. Most of the room carpet is gone, replaced with an attractive faux wood floor (which, I'm sure, makes it harder for bedbugs to breed in; BTW, I've never found bedbugs in this motel, though that is a possibility in hotels anywhere in the country, at any price). New sink in room is attractive, as is new paint job and easy to read room numbers. Also, they've replaced the rather garish "Motel 6" design bedspread (perhaps designed to be garish to discourage theft!) with a plain, bright color.
I like that it is multi-floor, and the balcony-walkways upstairs outside the rooms have a nice view of the mountains.
My only little disappointment with my last stay is that the toilet paper roll was almost empty and a new one was not provided. But the staff are always friendly and I'm sure I could have got another roll with no problem.
People who are looking for free breakfast, free wifi, and complimentary shampoos and lotions do not understand the concept of budget motel. I actually work the front desk of a higher class hotel and understand something about what is expected---so really, people, if you want all of those extras, pay more for a "better" motel. Or use the money you save staying at Motel 6 and buy the extra stuff yourself, if you really need it!

Room Tip: I prefer upper floors to avoid having noisy neighbors above me. Also, when it is not completely boo...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one nite. Underneath the bed was a scum of dirt. Bathtub looked like it was a Mexican hotel, filthy. The front desk person was awesome though...I saw a construction guy throw a old window in the trash, miss the trash and the glass was all over the parking lot. Looked out 30 min later and the stupid native construction worker didn't even clean it up. If I bust my tires, then I'll make sure this hotel pays for it. Don't stay here.

• Stayed October 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. We were so worried about the room we tore off all the sheets and checked the beds for bugs...luckily there were none. Our room smelled like a wet dog. Our bathroom toilet was leaking and the bathroom smelled like urine. The walls all had peeling paint. The the elevator was so ancient it about took my shoulder off because the doors continued to close even when there was an obstruction. We never took off our socks while we stayed there. What a GIANT CRAP HOLE.

• Stayed July 2014
Riverside, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here about 10 years ago, and it was OK then. It seems to have gone downhill in recent years. We stayed for 6 nights and they only gave us clean sheets and towels on Monday and Thursday. The room was not cleaned on other days. The towels were clean but had been washed about 1000 times and were thread bare.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Got to the motel earlier then check in time which I thought I was going to have problems but to my surprise no problem. Friendly staff at the desk room was clean the room is out of date but still decent. I had to pay for WiFi which was odd to me but better then no WiFi so worth it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!