“Old, but great helpful staff, quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 E Lucky Ln, I-40 at Exit 198/Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #56 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Tucson, Arizona
“Old, but great helpful staff, quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our company normally does business with the Super 8 east of here, but after being burned on a reservation, this was our other option. I got the "last room in town," but darn it, they did their best, and I had a place to stay, when Super 8 couldn't have cared less about a great customer that books 4-5 rooms a night, every night. I'm requesting this motel from now on. They're staff is very accommodating, the location is better, the railroad noise is minimal (you have to listen for it to notice it), and it's next to a Wal-mart, Cracker Barrel, Outback, and a few other good places to eat. There are 3 Motel 6's right next to each other here, so if this one is a bit old, the other two are a bit newer. These are good people. They've earned my respect, they took me in when there was no place else to turn after Super 8 sold my reservation right out from under me to the guy in front of me. Never again will I stay in the east end Super 8, Motel 6 has my business from now on!

Room Tip: Good, relatively quiet location in Flagstaff. Flag has some very expensive rooms in town, and they c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cuenca, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Things are worn, it's tue, but not lacking in maintenance, and not dirty. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the price is the best in town! If your looking for accommadations in a budget price-range, this is a good option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently fell homeless and was forced to take one of the cheapest in flag. Filthy dirty, mold, bed bugs I got eaten alive. It had not been cleaned before i arrived. I had to buy my own mattress topper the bed felt like rocks, the blanket like cardboard so i didn't use it. I never let my feet touch the carpet. working heat you can't hear the noise of the train. i was asked to leave early because they heard me tell another customer about the infestation. the clerks are brainless and sound like they are pulling the rates out of a hat. poorly trained

Room Tip: look at your room before you book, and check for bed bugs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This motel 6 really isn't the nicest but it was the cheapest for weekly rates. I stayed here when I first moved to flagstaff while looking for an apartment. The main reason I liked this place was that they allowed my two cats with no problem. The outside of the place is pretty rough and the area seems pretty rough as well. My room was clean though the bathroom was a little rundown. I mean I didn't except much since I was only paying like 25 a day. They front desk girls were very nice and helpful they lent me a vacuum so I could vacuum all the cat litter my cats threw on the floor. There were no roaches just a lot of little grey grasshoppers outside that jump at you when you walk. I noticed a lot of people live there permanently but they didn't bother.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had a misfortune of booking in this stupid motel.. i would rather stay in my car then in this THING. It was so smelly as if horses were living in it. The bathtub was bought from a junk yard.. VVV disappointed in their hygeine and cleanliness. They should really close and renovate the thing, which they r calling a motel..GROSS... SHAME ON THE ARIZONA TOURISM DEPARTMENT 4 not keeping it only 4 animals...

Room Tip: Don't enter in this motel, stay in your car!!!!!! or footpath
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Even Tom Boudett would not stay here. I am not picky about a place to stay and have used Motel 6 quite frequently. In fact I usually stay at the Motel 6 on Butler Ave (right around the corner), however they did not have a ground floor outside facing room available, so I stayed here.
Two words describe this property--FILTHY and RUNDOWN. The rooms need a complete makeover to fix, clean, repaint, recarpet and repair everything. The other reviewers are right about the rooms being filthy. I can honestly say I have not stayed in a dirtyier room, and I am 64 years old and traveled quite a bit.
You can tell this is simply an income generator in the chain, and they are content to let it run itself into the ground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Southwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last minute...it was interesting. The beds were horrible! There was no soap, paint or tub enamel chipping off in the shower (the drain was clogged with this stuff. Stains inthe carpet, it was gross. I mean Motel 6 is usually cheap and you get what you pay for but this was riduculous!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!