“Accommodating to my cats” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane

You added Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 E Lucky Ln, I-40 at Exit 198/Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Accommodating to my cats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This motel 6 really isn't the nicest but it was the cheapest for weekly rates. I stayed here when I first moved to flagstaff while looking for an apartment. The main reason I liked this place was that they allowed my two cats with no problem. The outside of the place is pretty rough and the area seems pretty rough as well. My room was clean though the bathroom was a little rundown. I mean I didn't except much since I was only paying like 25 a day. They front desk girls were very nice and helpful they lent me a vacuum so I could vacuum all the cat litter my cats threw on the floor. There were no roaches just a lot of little grey grasshoppers outside that jump at you when you walk. I noticed a lot of people live there permanently but they didn't bother.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had a misfortune of booking in this stupid motel.. i would rather stay in my car then in this THING. It was so smelly as if horses were living in it. The bathtub was bought from a junk yard.. VVV disappointed in their hygeine and cleanliness. They should really close and renovate the thing, which they r calling a motel..GROSS... SHAME ON THE ARIZONA TOURISM DEPARTMENT 4 not keeping it only 4 animals...

Room Tip: Don't enter in this motel, stay in your car!!!!!! or footpath
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Even Tom Boudett would not stay here. I am not picky about a place to stay and have used Motel 6 quite frequently. In fact I usually stay at the Motel 6 on Butler Ave (right around the corner), however they did not have a ground floor outside facing room available, so I stayed here.
Two words describe this property--FILTHY and RUNDOWN. The rooms need a complete makeover to fix, clean, repaint, recarpet and repair everything. The other reviewers are right about the rooms being filthy. I can honestly say I have not stayed in a dirtyier room, and I am 64 years old and traveled quite a bit.
You can tell this is simply an income generator in the chain, and they are content to let it run itself into the ground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Southwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here last minute...it was interesting. The beds were horrible! There was no soap, paint or tub enamel chipping off in the shower (the drain was clogged with this stuff. Stains inthe carpet, it was gross. I mean Motel 6 is usually cheap and you get what you pay for but this was riduculous!

• Stayed June 2012
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This motel worked for a middle of the night, drove all day sleep. $54 for 2 full beds. The front desk clerk was nice.

It was clean enough to use. There was dirt around the door. Mold around the bathtub. Bottom of the tub was gross. A/C smelled of mold.

The parking lot was nasty. Rust on metal. Debris everywhere. Elevator need a good cleaning. Exterior needed tons of work.

This Motel 6 was located along a long hotel strip. In retrospect, we should have gone to one of the many others.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

After spending one night at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites on Route 66 (they were TERRIBLE), we couldn't take it anymore and decided to stay here. We got a 3rd floor room for somewhere around $40, and crashed here.

The room was absolutely nothing special. Everything in it was old and on the worn side (except the mattress, pillows, and sheets - those were fine). However, everything was clean and worked well (which was pretty much all we wanted for an 11pm-8am overnight stop). There was an elevator to get to the 3rd floor. Slow and noisy, but it worked.

Overall, I would much rather stay here again than at some of the "bargain" places along Route 66. If you're only stopping to sleep overnight, it does it's job great!

Room Tip: We had a basic room on the 3rd floor - it was clean and not gross.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed in 100's of hotels through my life. This ranks in the all time bottom 5, easily. The front desk staff was friendly, but the rooms were awful. There was no linen service provided over our 2 day stay. Look at the photo of the tub - it says it all. I will never stay at another Motel 6 because they've allowed their name to be attached to their hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!