“Just Fine if You Need a Place to Crash Along Your Drive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 E Lucky Ln, I-40 at Exit 198/Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Denver, Colorado
“Just Fine if You Need a Place to Crash Along Your Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

After spending one night at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites on Route 66 (they were TERRIBLE), we couldn't take it anymore and decided to stay here. We got a 3rd floor room for somewhere around $40, and crashed here.

The room was absolutely nothing special. Everything in it was old and on the worn side (except the mattress, pillows, and sheets - those were fine). However, everything was clean and worked well (which was pretty much all we wanted for an 11pm-8am overnight stop). There was an elevator to get to the 3rd floor. Slow and noisy, but it worked.

Overall, I would much rather stay here again than at some of the "bargain" places along Route 66. If you're only stopping to sleep overnight, it does it's job great!

Room Tip: We had a basic room on the 3rd floor - it was clean and not gross.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed in 100's of hotels through my life. This ranks in the all time bottom 5, easily. The front desk staff was friendly, but the rooms were awful. There was no linen service provided over our 2 day stay. Look at the photo of the tub - it says it all. I will never stay at another Motel 6 because they've allowed their name to be attached to their hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Lack of kitchen/fridge is a bit annoying.
Good central location that's handy for resturaunts, bank, supermarket etc

• Stayed March 2012
Tupelo, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I am a frequent traveler and have usually good experience with Motel-6 chain. They are known for low rates and no frills, but generally decent shape for short one-or-two night stays.

The Lucky Lane/Flaggstaff Motel 6 is by far the worst Motel6 I have ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst !

While the staff was cordial, they could not honor any request.

The bathroom was literally falling apart. The walls of the cieling were discolored, rotted and falling into the bath tub. The tub itself was crumbling, and porcelain was pealing off the tub.

The bathroon had numerous hairs from other guests, and was in desperate need of real cleaning.

The bedsheets were stained.
The pillows had hairs, either from the cleaning staff, or from previous guest, and extremely flat with no fluff.

I was on the thrid floor, and the elevator, although worked was very shakey and seemed likel to break down soon and was in need of dire maintenance.

The internet seemed OK, but does not allow VPN access. Don't buy it, if you need VPN. The cost was $2.99 plus tax for 24/hr. wireless access

I complained to manager and to Motel6 Coporate to no-avail. They only apologized.

Please avoid this hotel, until a complete renovation is done.

This is the worst ever Motel 6 in the chain I have ever stayed !!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Motel 6 Flagstaff Arizona on Lucky Lane.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I spent one night here becuase it was the cheapest room I could find. I got what I paid for (~$33).

The hotel staff was quick, friendly, and helpfull. They moved me to the 3rd floor per my request for something quiet.

The room was in bad shape. It was clean, but the comforter had holes in it, the fleece blanket was not clean, and the tub looked as if someone splattered white paint on it in some spots. There were signs of rust on some of the fixtures and no drain plug.

The wifi is not free, but I was able to pick-up the neighboring Ramada's signal for free.

The outside of the hotel was pretty dirty too.

Also, this hotel is on a busy road. THe traffic dies down at night, so it wasn't an issue for me.

The positives are that it is close to I40, and you can take a very short drive (or walk 10 minutes) to resturuants, Walmart and a few other places. Obviously the price is attractive.

If you are on a budget or doing a short stay, this place will likely work. But if you want luxury or even an average room, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We are definitely not used to fancy hotels, and we don't mind some wear and tear, but this was beyond nasty! Where should I start? The hair strewn all over the sheets, the military blanket that seemed to be a sad remnant of World War II, the used wet towel with hair on it hanging over the shower curtain rod? We decided not to make an issue about any of these quite disgusting matters, as we were in Flagstaff to enjoy the great outdoors and we were not in the mood for drama... However, when we checked our bank account and realized that Motel 6 double-charged us for our stay, we had to make an issue! Of course, when we called demanding a refund for the overcharge, they played stupid and acted as if there was nothing wrong. What dodos... Fortunately, our bank took care of the issue and Motel 6 on East Lucky Lane rightfully earned yet another bad review!
Every other Motel 6 we have stayed at was immaculate, not this one though... I'd much rather sleep under a bridge than stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wauseon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

A good Motel 6 experience. I'm glad I didn't read these reviews before staying there. I think they have updated it since many of these reviews, our mattress felt brand new, and everything in the room looked modern. We were there over a holiday weekend and the room was clean, quiet, everything worked, and they even left two complimentary bottles of water. They made a mistake with our reservation but fixed it and gave us a discount for it. For those travelers who regularly stay at Motel 6's, this is as nice as most. You are paying $39 for a motel room... if a dirty elevator, some smudges on the door jambs, and some shower lining peeling bothers you, perhaps you need to spend the extra money for the Courtyard or something. For the rest of us.. and for the price... this place was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Flagstaff East - Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!