“Flagstaff - our stopover for the Grand Canyon” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Flagstaff - our stopover for the Grand Canyon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Hotel was the only one from the Choice Hotel group that we could find in the area at a price that seemed reasonable. Approaching the hotel we could clearly see that it requires refurbishment. The room that we stayed in had several holes in the curtain, we could see the light shining through, and the in the bathroom the paper was coming off the wall. No net curtain on ground level meant that you had to keep the curtains closed for privacy as there is a path outside and people could readily look through. The person who checked us in was ok but not as helpful as others we had experienced. When we called in later the shift must have changed because Josh was very helpful. He offered us a map of the area, as it was our first visit here. This would have been extremely helpful when we originally checked in.
The breakfast was plentiful, but the eating area was not over clean, eg bins over full, waffle machine not clean, milk jug quite stained, tables not cleaned, this may be due to under staffing?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Not only was the service pathetic, the price for the location is ridiculous! They didn't know how to work the wifi so we had to personally call the Internet provider to try and get it up and running....They didn't have any blankets to give us for the cold night so they left us hanging. We reserved a two bed room and they switched to a one bed room without telling us. This place is a freaking JOKE. Don't ever come here!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Nataliagv12

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Amqui
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Small room with bad odor, i heard weird sound from the ventilation all night long, didn't sleep at all. Ask the guy at front desk if he can do something with these sounds from ventilation...he never heard anybody complaining about that, it was a lie. The other peoples from our vacation tour were disturb by these noises. Old furniture, bad experience !!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pierre L
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've been staying here for years on our way to Phoenix. Had trouble finding it the first time in the dark but that was before the days of GPS. Can't remember if we've ever had breakfast. Not the most fancy place, but we've stayed at least 5 different times and never had a problem.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Quality Inn on Lucky Lane in Flagstaff needs serious help. It is located close to the highway which is good. We had redeemed points, so we felt we were stuck. When we drove up, the building was in dire need of painting, but even worse was the parking asphalt. It was a accident waiting to happen with potholes, broken asphalt, etc. I asked to see the room first, and was surprised as it looked nice. Unfortunately, it was not fine. We were exhausted after an eight hour drive and wanted to fall into bed after a quick dinner. Within an hour, I was wheezing with my allergies to mold. The next morning, after a sleepless night, I decided to take a warm shower. When I leaned into the tub to turn on the water and regulate temperature, I was bombarded with the shower. I had not planned to wash my hair, but had no choice after that. I tried to regulate the temperature of the water and it was either cold or very hot. My husband worked and worked with it, and finally found one tiny spot on the faucet that was warm. We were so concerned that it would never happen again that we kept the shower going until he could take his shower too.

I will say that the staff was lovely and sympathetic with our concerns. As we checked out, I told the front desk person about what had happened and asked for a manager. She said management was not there. I said I would report this hotel to choice hotels, which I did. I received a call from manager who was lovely. She made an adjustment and apologized profusely. The owners have no idea how lucky they are to have the employees they have. They were the only redeeming feature of this property.

Betty P

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've stayed at this property with my dogs on my way to Boston. It is a cheaper alternative to the overpriced La Quinta that is usually booked up. This property is fine for an overnight stay on your way to some place else, but I would not come here and stay several days. If you are on your way to New Mexico or the Grand Canyon, it is an acceptable alternative. There are several restaurants that are nearby such as Cracker Barrel. It was quite noisy the last time that I stayed here so I'm not sure if I didn't notice the noise the last time or I had a different room location.
Parts of the rooms have been renovated, but the parking lot needs a lot of attention as well as the outside of the buildings. The property could really be improved if the owner took the time to paint and repair.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here overnight during a trip to Flagstaff. The property was basically what we needed. The room, including beds and bathroom were clean and overall the property was kept well. Check-in and check-out were easy. The breakfast was okay: eggs, waffles, sausage, pastries, assorted juices and fruits. There was noise outside the door as people walked by-that was annoying. But, it was tolerable just for one night.

Pillows were TOO SOFT. I'm a firm pillow kind of guy. At least give us two of each!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room. That way, you won't have to deal with passers-by your room at various...