“Our favorite pizza place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Urban loft-like environment. Modern with an artsy aesthetic. Classic wood fired pizzeria serving a full bar with beer, wine, cocktails and soft drinks. Chef owned focusing on scratch cooking and artisan preparation. Ardent supporters of locally sourced ingredients. Very kid friendly!
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Our favorite pizza place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is just amazing! The owner and all the staff is some of the nicest people you will ever meet, very friendly and down to earth! The food here is amazing, no matter what you try. Plenty of choices for the kids too! Don't forget to try the dessert as well!

Visited June 2013

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Willing To Give a Second Chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Got this pizza for dinner and it was soooooo good! We got a pizza with spinach, tomoato, chicken, sauteed onions and alfredo sauce, The pizza is super thin and crispy with thick pieces for the crust, I loved the alfredo sauce because it was really light and not over bearing. The rest of the toppings were good too. Pizza's were on the smaller side I'd guess them at a 12 inch. So it's really only enough for 2 people to share, I'm not sure if they have larger sizes. I will most defineitly be back!

This portion is an update since the last time I have been, unfortunately the experience was not as good. The staff was still very friendly and nice. We had placed another to go order and I was told it would be 15-20 minutes and my pizzas would be ready. I got there at at the 15 minute mark, I was willing to wait about 5 or so minutes. Somehow I wasn't able to pick up our order for another 25 minutes. I don't mind waiting 40-45 minutes for an order, I would just appreciate being quoted a correct time. When we were given our order I asked the lady if it was the #11 #15 and #17, she confirmed it was. The next part was MY mistake for not double checking, but all of the orders were wrong. We ate them anyways and they were okay, but not what we ordered. I thought they either really messed up the order or the online menu was not the same as the in house menu. So I called and asked if the online menu was the same as the in house and the lady confirmed it was the same. So they accidentally messed up our order pretty badly. I am still willing to give them another chance I was just really disappointed the second time around.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, AZ
“The menu even warns you to be prepared for burned pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The wood fired oven is impressive looking, and they say it burns at 700 degrees. I believe it, because the pizza (especially the outside crust) comes out burnt. They say that is the way it should be and I guess a lot of people like it that way. Being a Flagstaff local, there are several competitors that offer better pizza than this. I would much rather go to Frattellis, Picazzos or Beaver Street Brewery.

The atmosphere at Pizza Furiosa is interesting, and quirky. You can sit at tables made of old bowling alley wood from the old NAU bowling alley. The music is played by a record player. There are games like Uno and other board games to play with the kids.

Actually, the best part of the place is the tequila and ginger ale drink they serve. It is unique and has a very good taste. You need it to wash down the burnt pizza crust.

I have been here twice, and if I go back, all I am going to do is drink there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Richard F, Owner at Pizza Furiosa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello Bob, thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback!

Our menu states your pizza may get charred, not burned, which is slightly different in the world of wood fired pizza.

Also our oven is over 900 degrees, not 700 as you stated where as gas fired ovens are at most 600 degrees.

Never-the-less we are ALWAYS glad to remake a pizza that you, our valued customer thinks is burnt and not to their liking.

We are glad you enjoyed some aspects of our restaurant, please allow us an opportunity to make our pizza to your preference, we will.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope you'll give us another try soon and review us again!

Ciao,

Chef Richard
Sun City West, Arizona
“Careful - two listings in Trip Advisor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I think the technical name is Pizza Furiosa, and you will find reviews under that name. Great pizza with super, fresh ingredients. Plenty of room inside, plus a few outdoor tables.

Visited June 2013
Sun City West, Arizona
“Great pizza and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Contrary to many reviews noted below, we had table service yesterday at lunch - we didn't have to order at the counter.
Plenty of choices in hand-made, wood-fired pizzas with great ingredients. The red sauce was especially good.
In the past two years a lot of high-end pizza places have started up in Flagstaff, but these guys know what they are doing. A large, industrial-style room, with outdoor tables too. Check it out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richard F, Owner at Pizza Furiosa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments & review! Glad we could make your experience a great one. See you again soon!

If you own or manage Pizza Furiosa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.