“Road Trip Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Road Trip Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very friendly and helpfull, nice room. Had some maintenace problems that they addressed immediately. Nice lounge area. Very good breakfast, much better than I expected. Would highly suggest this for a place to stay in the Falgstaff area.

Room Tip: Pool is for kids, to be expected
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family & I stayed here 1 night. Be careful of meeting other vehicles on the sharp curve of the driveway up to the hotel. We had reserved the 2Q suite. Nice room with a kitchenette. Everything was clean, but there were no trash bags in any of the trash cans in our room.
The breakfast area is roomy with nice tables & chairs. The breakfast has a nice variety of food, including hot choices.
The staff was friendly. My granddaughter's sunglasses & a book got left behind. I called them to see if they were found. They did find them. I asked that they be mailed to me the least expensive way possible.
After talking to a 2nd employee to confirm just that, I had a charge to my card for $28 cause they were mailed UPS. $28????!!!!!???? WOW!!!! Just don't leave anything behind......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hinton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here two nights while visiting the Grand Canyon. The staff were very helpful, our room very clean and comfortable, the bed was great. The bathroom was a little small, but ok. Breakfast was nice with lots of options. We did laundry here and were a little disappointed there was only 1 washer and 1 dryer for a hotel this size. We would stay again and recommend this hotel.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Comfort Inn Flagstaff was the best Comfort Inn I've ever been to. When I travel, I usually stay at hotels within this price range, and I generally know what to expect. While this particular Comfort Inn is still a hotel of their brand, it executes everything very, very well.

Parking is plentiful and nothing seems like too far of a walk. The indoor decor is contemporary but still has a local, desert touch. I liked the "woods" wall paper in the lobby and the fireplace with the giant deer, whom I nicknamed Harold. The desk staff was very friendly and courteous. They were happy to give directions and suggestions. The rooms were comfortable, large enough for those who mainly are in their rooms to sleep, and pleasantly decorated (warm earth tones seem to be the trend). The only quibble I had is that I wish the bathroom was slightly larger. The wi-fi was fine and didn't have the normal "public space drag."

The breakfast was excellent for an included hotel breakfast. There were many protein selections, such as sausage, scrambled eggs, egg "patties," hard boiled eggs, bacon, and yogurt. As a side note, I was thrilled that there was a selection of hot sauce with the eggs. This is the first hotel I've been at where these are readily available. There were two waffle irons ready to go, as well as several pastry, bread, and oatmeal options. We also did not have to jockey for a table, which is rare in hotel breakfast areas. In case there is an issue, however, I noticed there was second floor seating that no one was taking advantage of.

We made Flagstaff our base of operations while we visited the Grand Canyon and Sedona. It is a bit of a drive to the Grand Canyon, but we felt overall happier staying here than in Williams or right next to the park. There are several great nearby restaurants, shopping options, gas stations, and even a movie theater. The hotel is accessible to I-40, I-17, and Route 66. We chose not to explore the pool or hot tub because during the time of our visit, the wild fire's smoke had drifted directly over Flagstaff.

If I were to return to the Flagstaff area, I would definitely stay here again.

Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice hotel conveniently located south of a Flag. The lobby has a nice meeting area where a hot breakfast is served every morning. We especially enjoyed the larger two queen bed room with fridge, microwave and table with four chairs for our family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful setting among the pines in Flagstaff. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a dining table and work station. The hotel is at the end of a short uphill drive The exercise room is very good. The pool is small, but comes with a detached whirlpool. I will sta here again when I return to Flagstaff.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Walnut Creek, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Everything was just great!. We were on a cross country roadtrip (which turned out to be a bit over 8,000 miles roundtrip!) Flagstaff is one of the places that will remain in our memory!. The front desk at at Comfort Inn was just great!. They welcomed us with smiles and that is really appreciated after a long car trip. Of course, being a Comfort Inn we expected it to be clean, comfortable, and a nice hot (or cold depending on your choice!) breakfast, clean room, comfortable beds , but the suggestions and directions from the front desk was truly a pleasant and appreciated extra!. It was first Friday of the month which is a great street fair, which had we not be alerted to by the front desk we would have missed!. . If you have read any of our reviews, you can see we put a lot of emphasis on the front desk and greetings we get. We expect a hotel to be clean and comfortable, but it is truly a pleasure to be welcomed to a property with a smile and greeting!. !.

Room Tip: Cannot add a thing but you will not be disappointed by staying at this property!.
Green Features: coming from CA. we appreciate the hotel being "green". They do a good job, including having trash containers outside for those people that smoke to throw out those damn filters!.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!