“Definitely return” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Definitely return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't have anything negative to say about this place. Good location, clean, good bedding, good breakfast, helpful staff. The view while you eat breakfast is WOW! It's a quiet place and felt very safe there. It has a very homey feel to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were very impressed with this inn. The remodel has resulted in a very warm and comfortable ambiance. The decor in the lobby and the breakfast lounge make it feel like a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable as are the beds. There are plenty of the standard amenities. We found the hot breakfast to be one of the best motel free meals we have had in a long time.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road can experience road noise. However, we were on the first floor, facing th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Packer Country, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every time pass by Flagstaff looking for a place to stay on our trips to CA we stay here (4-23). You have to watch your street signs to get there or you will miss it. Very friendly staff.
We love the lobby and breakfast area. It's rustic and inviting. It's very open with 2-story windows, a fireplace, lots of places to sit for a little night-time adult beverage if you have your own. You could even sit around and play card games at night. Breakfast is also in this area. Lots of items to choose from and the attendant keeps everything very clean.
Our room was very nice and clean and had the usual flatscreen TV, micro and mini frig. They do have laundry facilities but we didn't use it on this trip.
There are numerous restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed two nights Apr 12-14. We arrrive around 2pm and were able to check in right away in a first floor room. The room was bright and clean, nice amenities and linens. I booked this hotel after reading the reviews and we were very happy. The lobby is beautiful with the fireplace making it so warm and cozy. Nice to relax there in the evenings and read or go online or just visit. There were also fresh cookies available. The breakfast was amazing... many choices that were replenished often and lots of seating. The breakfast lady was very friendly and I enjoyed my chats with her. We met a nice couple from Iowa and enjoyed eating with them. There are many restaurants nearby. We simply parked when we came back from site seeing and walked. We had been on the road for 6 days and it was great to be able to do some laundry at such a reasonable rate. $2 to wash and $1 to dry a load of clothes. We were on vacation for 13 days and stayed at 8 different hotels and this was the best. We did not have a chance to use the hot tub or pool. I wished we had booked a few more days there. This hotel is wonderful and would make a good base for travel in this area.

Room Tip: We liked being on the first floor. It was close to the lobby and also the laundry room that I used.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Really liked this hotel on so many levels and it is one of the nicest Comfort Inn and Suites we have stayed in while in America. Its location is not near downtown Flagstaff but rather smack dab in the newest hub of this city off I-17 & I-40. Grab your parking spot when you can as it was at a premium arriving after 730pm.

The lobby area had the most gorgeous fire burning when we stayed and it was very popular as all the seating nearby was taken up. Reception staff said hello every time we came in/out the entry and quality beverages were available here all day - it is also where breakfast is served in the morning. Rocky, the Moosehead above the fireplace will keep you company while eating!

Our ground floor one room suite was certainly big with enough amenities for a longer stay or just for a night or two. Small kitchen area with sink, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, table, chairs, sofa lounge, huge king bed, great décore, adequate bathroom, separate vanity area with hair dryer, iron, ironing board in the closet, flat-screen TV with HBO, work station, good wi fi and so much room to move around in. Even though it was at ground level we heard no corridor or overhead noise and had the best night’s sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was crowded, but tables emptied rather quickly. The food on offer was abundant, with cereals, toasts, huge sized muffins, pastries, juices, some hot items, fresh fruit and great tasting coffee.

There are so many restaurants within an easy walk it is hard to choose one. A short or longer drive will get you to local points of interest, National Parks, great shopping, and Historical Downtown is not too far or museums.This hotel has it all and would be great to base yourself for a longer stay - that’s what we will do next time we visit Flagstaff.

Enjoy your stay – we did!

Room Tip: Ask for a one room suite - has a lot of amenities.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MORENO VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed here often and consider this one of the best Comfort Inns anywhere. But this stay at least somewhat changed my perception. For one thing, the hotel was much busier and two of my nights there was no place for me to park when I came in around 10 PM. In the future I will not stay here when I know that they are going to be full. I don't really like having to park across the street. I talked with the manager about this and complain about all of the trucks with trailers parked across four or five parking spaces in the parking lot. She said that they tell those people cannot park there. I'm sorry, I don't believe that. In all the times I've stayed here no one has ever asked me if I was pulling a trailer or had an oversized vehicle that would take more than one space.

Also, the flat screen in my room was much smaller than what I'm used to here. Plus, it's mounted on the back of a tall dresser. Which meant as I sat on the couch, or my bed it was difficult to get the remote to work without lifting my arm over my head. That gets kinda tiring after a while.

Good Wi-Fi for a hotel, but annoying loggia.

For reference, here was my review from Thanksgiving last year: I stay in lots of Choice Hotels nationally, and I think this might be the best Comfort Inn in the USA. I love how it feels like a Mountain Lodge with the huge rustic lobby (and loft) and the big fireplace. Large rooms with sitting areas/sofas. Big flat screen, mini fridge and micro (why don't all hotels today have these?). Excellent location near shopping and restaurants and walking distance to NAU. Friendly staff.

My only complaint was the ice machine on my floor didn't work, and during the week I stayed here it wasn't fixed. If you're going to the expense of putting in an ice machine on every floor, why wouldn't you want them to work?

Room Tip: Top Floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff was really nice and welcoming. The lobby looks like a lodge with a fire place and an elk head above it. Its a two story hotel. Stay on the top floor if you are a light sleeper. Breakfast was great. There were a lot of guests so everything was fully stocked. Nice vibe. I cant say much more. I only stayed one night. Passing thru

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!