“Consistent and Good” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, AZ
“Consistent and Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

This was the third time that we'd stayed at the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff. I'd reviewed the hotel two years ago, the first time we stayed. We were back there about 9 months ago when we stayed in the exact same room as we did on our most recent visit last weekend.

Really, this hotel cannot be beat for a traditional room. The rate was $89/night and we had a slightly oversized room with two queen beds, a dining table and a distinct kitchen area (as opposed to a microwave sitting on a dresser).

The service at the front desk was great. We've been to Flagstaff several times and had gotten into a rut of going to the same restaurants on each visit. The front desk recommended some new places for us to try, gave us maps and walked us through driving directions.

The hotel itself is basic. It was renovated a few years ago and it still looks great. The matresses are a tad soft on the beds, but for $89/night with a hot breakfast included for a family of four, the bed was very tolerable.

The breakfast spread is more than adequate: pastries, English muffins, assorted breads, three types of cereal, hot waffles that you make yourself, a variety of instant oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, peanut Butter, apples, bananas, milk, juice, coffee, tea and condiments. The seating area is open in a ski chalet kind of decor.

The only detractor from this hotel is that there are no suites available. For three or more nights, we usually like to have the separate room for our kids. That way, my husband and I can relax a little bit. So, for a quick trip, we will definitely stay at this hotel again. For anything longer, we'll need to find a place with a suite.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Hayward, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Nov 18, 2010...from the outside, they hotel looked awesome! The lobby was very large and the staff was very friendly...from the outside and lobby, you would have thought you were in a very expensive ski lodge. Very warm and inviting.

However, the actually rooms left something to be desired. They are on the smaller side. The bathroom was a little dated and not very well lit. I was a single traveller and was given a room with a two queen beds. The rooms were a little tight. There wasn't really a table in the room to sit at...the desk that was there faced away from the TV and only one person could use it...if you had dinner in your room, you'd have to eat on the beds.

Don't get me wrong...all in all this was a nice place to stay...it's just a little older and smaller than other Comfort Inn's I've stayed at along my journey. It is located in a great area...and I'm sure it's very beautiful during the winter/snow season.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Hi ! I came all the way from Australia and spent 1 night here as part of a bus tour doing the Grand Canyon. What a night it was ! We we were treated to a fine in house meal (courtesy of our tour) and it consisted of three courses including excellent steak, wedges, soups and dessert. Followed by a beautiful guitar rendition of Stevie Nicks beside the fireplace in the main meeting room. It was so beautiful and proves that "people really make a place", despite how "crappy" you may consider that place to be. The best meal I had on my trip ! The rooms were large and comfortable with the latest TVs and exceptional beds. The staff were very down to earth and friendly. The staff were always at our beck and call and did not even ask for tips! They were so genuinely friendly. Unlike the arrogance we received in California, we believe that Arizonans were the best Americans we had ever met on our tour of western USA. When I first arrived in Flagstaff I thought of the town being nothing more than another petrol stop. But just like the saying "more than meets the eye" I found it to be equally as enjoyable as my trip to San Fransisco - and that is no overstatement. Again, the Arizonans were so friendly towards me and my partner. They really went out of their way to make us feel at home, even if it was just 1 night. My partner spent over 1 hour getting advice from them on torquoise necklaces. They even transported us in their SUV to a local restaurant - FREE OF CHARGE. We were so taken back by the friendliness and generosity that we would DEFINITELY make the trip just back to Flagstaff to enjoy their company once again !

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I came to Flagstaff in late January to get away from home and allow my 2 children to see and play in the snow, as they have never experieced it before. Although there wasn't much snow for them to play in, the hotel staff was very accommodating and knew a lot about the town and what there is to do there. Aside from the excellent staff, the hotel itself is in amazing condition. They have a very beautiful and spacious lobby with a gorgeous fireplace that we sat around and played board games. As for the rooms, they are also beautifully decorated and come equiped with flatscreen TV's and amazingly comfortable mattress'. We will most definitely be returning to the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff and recommend it to everyone we speak to. Hopefully this was helpful and God bless.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We have stopped at this hotel multiple times as we travel between Los Angeles and Denver. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The breakfast is good - there is something for everyone to eat. It is as close to a bargain as one would find in Flagstaff -- the hotels are all expensive there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Columbus< NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

A very nice hotel just off highway 89A.A peaceful place...My Room was really clean, the check-in staff was really helpful in helping find a good dining spot for dinner. Not far from downtown area, and a couple of hours from the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Way too many darn animals. Management needs to let the humans have a clean eating space, not dog hair all over the food and the carpets. Having stayed at many Comfort Inns before so I chose this one when planning my trip to Flagstaff last week. Should have carefully checked that it was pet friendly. The place was very clean and ultra quiet and the front desk staff couldn't be more helpful, but what was UGH very disgusting was the amount of guests who took their dogs to the breakfast area, actually having the dog sit on the tables and hand feeding them. Guests had them on leashes around the bagels, cereal, coffee makers etc. I felt this was very unsanitary and didn't enjoy hanging out in the lobby at all. The lobby downstairs has a nice fireplace going and I would have enjoyed it, but almost everytime I went downstairs from the room, I had to share it with a variety of pets.

The management should definetly wither make it an all pet hotel or set boundaries to curb the dogs from entering the eating area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!