“Good value with a few nice touches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Flagstaff East

You added Travelodge Flagstaff East to your Saves list
Travelodge Flagstaff East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2918 E Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 (Formerly Knights Inn Flagstaff East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Glendale Heights, Illinois
“Good value with a few nice touches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

4 dots for the price we paid ($48/night in late October)
3 dots if you end up needing to pay more

My family stayed here overnight en route from the Grand Canyon to Sedona. I chose it because it's about 60-90 minutes to each site, had a price I couldn't refuse ($48/night), free breakfast and who doesn't want to say they took a short trip on historic Route 66?

For a basic hotel room, I appreciated the clean rooms, newer microwave and fridge (!), and flat screen television. If I had reason to stay in Flagstaff for a couple of days, I would make use of the fridge, television, and Safeway next door. It looked as though the hotel had recently undergone some type of renovation, but the renovation didn't stretch to every corner of the room. For example, the bathroom tiles looked brand new and modern, but our skimpy shower curtain had several holes an slashes in the top third of the curtain! It looked terribly and was inconvenient, but an inconsistent renovation is not a dealbreaker for me.

The staff was helpful. We arrived in the evening around 7PM and the check-in process was fairly straightforward. The following day after we checked out, I had to call the front desk because we thought we forgot our camera in one of the rooms. It turned out that wasn't the case, but I really appreciated the courtesy of the attendant who took my call and returned my call promptly after checking the room. So thank you for that.

As for the qualms:
*The breakfast was basic but disappointing to me because I personally prefer a bit more than bread products for breakfast. I skimmed several reviews and could not find anyone who gave detailed information on the contents of breakfast, so I feel I must do that now. Breakfast included mini blueberry muffins (that were not in cellophane packaging and tasted pretty good), white bread, coffee, tea, and individual oatmeal packets. I believe there was cereal as well. The "hot" food included home fries (fried, seasoned, cubed potatoes) and scrambled eggs. I appreciated the effort on the hot food, but both were rather dry. The eggs especially had an odd, cakey texture and an aftertaste, which was sad for me.
*We stayed in a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. I'm guessing this is because Arizona doesn't have smoking ban?
*As I mentioned, the inconsistent renovation (e.g. holey shower curtain) was very conspicuous. Also the curtains at our front window were very flimsy and didn't make us feel very safe because we stayed on the first floor and you could sense people going back and forth right past our front door.
*There's a moderate amount of noise at night, due to the set-up of the hotel. This can't be helped, but you may want to be aware the doors to each room open directly to the parking lot. There's the noise/distraction of other guests moving around outside and some street noise (to be expected). Others noted the train noise, but I did not notice this at night.

I know I'm nitpicking now, just in case it helps to know what to expect. All in all, the rooms were clean, breakfast was there, staff was helpful and the price was right, hence the 4 dot rating. Honestly though, if I would have paid more I might ratchet it down to a 3 dot rating. So it's solidly ok, but even better if you an get a good price.

Room Tip: If you don't want to drag your luggage up the stairs, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed one night only. The room had 2 double beds and should of had only one as we had trouble moving around the room. No coffee pot and no alarm clock. Outlets were overloaded and had to unplug lamps in order to use our laptop. No pressure in the shower. Small room...smaller bathroom. Office doors were locked at 6:30 in the morning so no coffee was available. However, the young lady at the front desk was very nice and informative.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Room was decent, bed was OK. Main complaint was that there are virtually no outlets. For those of us who use CPAP night breathing devices this is a big problem. We travel with extension cords for just this situation. Meager breakfast but at least it was available until 10 AM. Others have mentioned the trains. Yes, they are nearby, but we didn't have our sleep disturbed by them. The room was quiet enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

While in Flagstaff, Az on vacation to see the many things to visit and do Travelodge East is very reasonable place to stay with many resturants very close with free breakfast but if you want more some morning the next door is good place is Miz Zis route 66 cafewith good selection and reasonable price with friendly helpful servers. While ther if we needed anything or map printed they provided it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Windsor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you want an inexpensive, no-frills motel, just a place to clean up and sleep, this is the place. The train tracks are nearby and there is a lot of traffic on the road alongside but with the a/c on, you don't hear the noise. The manager was accommodating and the room was clean. Nice little café within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Flagstaff East? Share your experiences!