“Fresh and delicious meals” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 283 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Sydney, Australia
“Fresh and delicious meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Coming from Australia we were looking for some good quality latino flavours that we wouldn't get back home. This little resturant ticked all the boxes. Great help from the serving staff who patiently explained all the ingredients in the dishes and provided recommendations to suit the varying palates in my family. The Calamari was delicious as was the Salad (Ensalata Mesquite ?). The combination of spices, fresh ingredients and flavours were so delicious and so many yummy things choose from that we started planning our next visit. Gret choice of international wines (red and white).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Fed up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I must say that I love the food at criollo. I have been there many times and I'm always satisfied with my meal. Although the service has not always been so good. It started with my very first couple visits when they screwed up the bill. Both times they fixed it, once with a huge eye roll. I kept going because sometimes I would get excellent service! But I was fed up when I went for my birthday dinner. They decided to close early because they were slow and pretty much pushed my boyfriend and I out the door. We didn't even get a chance to order dessert. I was so unhappy with this experience that I would rather not chance such poor service again!

Visited April 2013
Eden E, Guest Relations Manager at Criollo Latin Kitchen, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Amy,

I am so very sorry about your recent experience at Criollo and would love the opportunity to make it up to you! Could you tell me what night you came in to dine that we closed early? We have a very strict policy against ever closing early and I would like to address this with whomever was closing that night. I sincerely apologize for your experience and would love to buy you and a friend a meal. Thank you for your input.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Almost entirely excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This restaurant is on San Francisco st in Flagstaff. The staff were very good and service was fairly quick. We had the Shrimp Bisque and a delectable seafood starter, followed by Paella, which was awesome, and Bison Meatloaf, which was fairly good. Desert was Bread Pudding (good) and their Chili and Venezualan Chocolate (very good).

My only complaint is that this restaurant is located in Flagstaff and not Atlanta.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Arizona
“Awesome when they're not super busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere but they always seem to be understaffed. It would be great to see the manager help the staff when they're running circles around her. This place is one of my favorite brunches in town but they need to add another bartender, for the entire restaurants sake as this is not a place to go if you're in a hurry. We eat here all the time, try it! Amazing patio too! Overall, I recommend this restaurant :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“You can't beat a $3 margarita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff and very tasty food (we had the fish tacos and the pork tenderloin). Like everywhere now in the US, or so it seems, you can get excellent craft beer, and long may it be so. Went back the next day for the happy hour (3pm - 6pm, Mon - Fri, so more like a happy afternoon) - $2 sliders, $2 fish taco, $3 margaritas; it would have been easy to sit there until 6 and stagger away sated but squiffy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere