“Beautiful cafe setting” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 283 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Eclectic, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Beautiful cafe setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very friendly staff, great blueberry pie, intriguing menu, wonderful hometown feel. I'll definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, DE
“Eclectic little eatery with excellent food, nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We ate lunch at Simply Delicious; surprisingly, the name is very accurate. My wife an I shared the vegetarian sandwich which was excellent. The salad was also excellent with a dressing that included curry! The flavors in both food items were very well integrated with no obvious distracting over spicing. Everyone was well pleased with their choices. We sat outside on one of the picnic tables. It is far enough off the main street it sits off of that the noise was not bad, except when a train went by - but, I have always like to see trains go by!

We liked "Simply Delicious" so much we actually went out of our way to eat there again. Sadly, they were closed for maintenance.

I would not tire of eating at this eatery many times.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surprise, Arizona
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had to try the #1 rated restaurant on this site for lunch while in Flag, and we're so glad we did!

Now, it wasn't easy to access or park - we were told there were "50 spots," but they aren't lined, so everyone parked about 1 1/2 car widths and 20 cars took up 50 spaces. It took awhile to get that sorted - thankfully the guy from the Ford dealership was gracious and let us park in what was technically their lot.

For such a highly rated place, it is SMALL - there were 6 of us and we were cramped and felt like we took up the whole restaurant! We would've eaten on the patio but for the ominous clouds and thunder. When I walked in, it smelled like B.O. I was worried it'd be a super-crunchy vegan-raw-macrobiotic situation, but was pleasantly surprised otherwise. They had Coke sodas and Doritos, but also great healthy fare. I had the citrus grilled chicken salad sandwich with side salad - and I must say it's up there with the best meals I've ever had. I wouldn't have thought to put citrus grilled chicken into a chicken salad, but it's genius. It was SUPER fresh, like it had just been made, with grapes and pecans and tomatoes on fresh bread, SO delicious! The salad - I don't like pine nuts much, and I'm not a big fan of gouda, and I would never select a citrus vinaigrette on my own, but, again, the combination was a surprising flavor explosion! The gouda was just in light shreds, the apples crisp and sweet, and the pine nuts were the perfect little crunch. The dressing was light and fresh and brought to life all of the other flavors. My husband had the Big Fatty sandwich and loved it. My MIL had the orange almond salad with citrus grilled chicken, and the Small size was plenty for her. My FIL had the lamb stew, which he said was excellent. My daughter had the half tuna sandwich and cup of curried lentil soup, which they graciously let her sample beforehand. She loves tuna and gouda is her favorite cheese, so she was in heaven with that combo, and she loved the flavor of the soup. My son had the almond butter and jam sandwich, loved that, too. Literally the ONLY thing disappointing was the dessert - we got a few cookies, which were .75 each for small cookies (just larger than a chips-ahoy) and nothing spectacular. They had bars that were $1.50 for what would fit inside the palm of my hand (not my whole palm) - slightly bigger than a fig newton, which we didn't try due to the price.

I've just gotten home and my mouth is watering as I type - I'd go back there for dinner tonight if I could! This will be on our Must Stop list every time we're in Flagstaff!

Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great food & wonderful service. I understand why this restaurant is #1 in Albuquerque on Tripadvisor.

“What a wonderful gem hidden in Flagstaff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We found this place by accident, and we are so glad we did. The staff was gracious enough to seat us about 10 minutes before they closed, and treated us as if we had all the time in the world. We order 3 entrees (the enchilada of the day, pulled pork sandwich, and the fish tacos) and each was better than the next. I would recommend this place to anyone who's just hungry all the way to the foodie looking for the the gourmet delights. Do not be foolish and forget to eat here while in town.

• Visited June 2014