“Local "Secret" Place for Extraordinary Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 291 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Sandwiches, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Phoenix, Arizona
“Local "Secret" Place for Extraordinary Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Yes, its hard to find! (up the hill behind an auto dealership) But, anyone who's been there raves about it. And, yes, the locals all seem to know about and often frequent the place! Its small (about 7 small tables inside and 3-4 outside), very busy, and you have to order your food at the counter and get your own glasses of water...

BUT, the food is just amazing! Such a variety of flavors, combinations and textures! And the prices are reasonable too. I had the fish tacos which were unique and extraordinary! Filled with crispy "Wild Caught Hawaiian" red snapper fish, shredded cabbage and Habanero Aoli, and folded in one large burrito shell make-shift "taco". Amazingly delicious and truly one of the best fish tacos I've ever had! (I rate it right up there with Anthony's of SeaTac's Mahi tacos which have been my favorites for years!).

I can't even tell you what my wife and daughter had, I was so wrapped up in my taco! But, afterwards we ordered and shared a large slice of their awesome rich chocolate cake with espresso frosting (yum!) and a piece of their wonderful key lime tart. Both were excellent!

Overall, we loved the place and can't want to come back and try some of their other dishes. According to some of the reviews I've seen, some locals eat there several times a week. I believe it! Its that good and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Culebra, Puerto Rico
“Nice change of pace - good food. Have meals to go too!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Decided to try this place for a change when in Flagstaff. Luckily we go there early. If you get there after noon - prepare to wait - just to order. Menu is original with a unique selection. I got the duck tacos - thought they needed a little more spice - so added some pepper sauce. My husband go the club - nice portion, but should eliminate the potato chips for something more creative. Weather was nice, so we could sit outside. Inside is WAY too crowded especially with the line of people waiting to order. Saw at least 12 people enter to order and immediately leave due to the line. Food is good, but not worth the wait when it is crowded. We did get a frozen lasagna - service for 8 - to go. They also have other things for dinner meals - to go.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“Hard to find, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Daily Fare is hard to locate because it is not actually at its street address. It is hidden in a warehouse building at the end of an alley behind a used car business, but the food is excellent, so it is worth the search. Ask the locals for help in finding it.

We started lunch by sharing a cup of delicious lamb stew. I had a chicken salad sandwich and my wife had a Caprese sandwich with heirloom tomatoes. The restaurant is small, but we were there early so we had no problem being seated. If we lived in Flagstaff, we would be eating there frequently.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California, United States
“Perfect place to stop on our roadtrip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This little gem is a must try if you love organic, fresh, and yummy tasting food. We were so glad we stopped. I had the Cobb salad which was delicious. My only thing is I wish I would have asked them to toss it. My husband ordered the tri tip sandwich and raved about it!! A Little tricky to find but worth turning around for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Needham
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went here for lunch and got the daily special. I had 1/2 Cornish Game Hen, green beans and potato salad. A small green salad added to the delight of flavors. Wonderful herbs added to the experience. Saved half for later and it still tasted great. My husband had the Brazilian Fish Stew and also enjoyed the flavors.

The cafe is located East of Babbitt Pre-Owned Vehicles.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere