“Clean room, good breakfast, no issues” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Peoria, AZ
“Clean room, good breakfast, no issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I'd have to stretch to say anything bad about this hotel. The pool is indoors, an you can smell the chlorine when you walk by. (so what). There was nobody at the front desk and we had to wait 30 seconds when we walked in. (so what) It was really a very good experience. Check in was no problem, but the hotel was completely full. I know this because people came in and asked while we were checking in. Room was ready, very nice, no issues. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a couch that folded out, but our couch sleeper just slept on the couch and was comfortable there. There were SIX ELECTRICAL OUTLETS at the writing desk. That is so nice for a family with four phones, four tablets, and a laptop. The bathroom door is a sliding door, which was a little weird, but worked fine. When anyone turned the bathroom light on at night, it lit the room up pretty well because the bathroom door was frosted glass, but it sure didn't wake me up. Nice bathroom with a tub/shower, and a pretty big closet area. Fridge and microwave in the room. Also a coffeemaker, but there was coffee in the lobby. Lobby/breakfast area was pretty large, which was good because breakfast was very crowded. Plenty of food though. Standard hot hotel breakfast: eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels & breads, cereal. Coffee was fair. Big pot of oatmeal with the best array of stuff to put in it I've seen at a hotel. My wife liked that. They had a back room for seating because the seating in the lobby/serving area was not sufficient for all the people there. It's a 5 story hotel, with lots of rooms, so feeding all those people is tough. They do a good job if it.
Local newspapers provided at the front desk. Trolleys provided to move your luggage. The parking lot was nearly full since the hotel was full. This isn't the cheapest place to say in Flagstaff, but it's far from the railroad track, good quality and clean, and breakfast is provided. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations and breakfast and look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed in a variety of hotels 3-5 star on our recent 16 day road trip across 8 states and this 3 star impressed me the most. The drab exterior is misleading. The interior was decorated in a mix of contemporary/post modern. It was all well-light with a combination of natural lighting, tasteful, modern hidden or track lighting and frosted glass. The small bar seating in the eating area reminded me of the W in NYC. The rooms were also bright and clean. The 2 queen beds were a bit close to the bathroom entrance (they helped by using a sliding frosted glass door) but it's because both the bathroom and seating area were both spacious. Beds were as comfortable as any 5 stars'. Complimentary breakfast was hot, fresh and offered a bit more variety than other places. Staff was super nice, one lady walking around giving stickers to the small children. Small details like the bowl of chupa chup lollipops on the front desk made it obv that these people take their job of your comfort quite seriously. I can't believe this is only a 3 star (2.5 on some sites) and the prices were so low. It's also only 10 mins from the Lowell Observatory. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We truely pride ourselves on hiring the proper staff so they help make each guests stay enjoyable, and we are so happy to hear that our staff went the extra mile during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next road trip through Flagstaff!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We found the people very nice we had a wonderful time the rooms were clean and stylish, we were close enough to down town but far enough to have a good nights sleep away from the train tracks we would definitely stay here again, keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed May 2014
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a great nights sleep! We look forward to welcoming you back ona future trip!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed a week and had a huge room which was expertly cleaned and tidied each day. It was in reasonably good condition, with no stains. The front desk young women were very helpful. There was a wonderful cheery girl working on the breakfast and the man worked tirelessly to clean and refresh everything. What a big job he had with all the Americans leaving mess everywhere! I felt that he should have an assistant. The breakfast had extensive choice but for us as New Zealanders used to fresh, organic breakfasts it was a real eye-opener to see all the USA people eating such fake food. the cereals seemed to be mostly sugar. Thank goodness they had nice natural porridge, although the almonds and walnuts were to us strangely dry and tasteless. I suspect this was not the hotel's fault. There were other nice toppings provided. The eggs were nicely done but pale and tasteless compared to our New Zealand eggs. My husband liked the sausages but to me they were salty and oozing fat. they were very popular though so I guess I am spoilt with my organic, home kill sausages in N.Z. Everyone seemed to be tucking into heaps of food. There were bagels and croissants and muffins and cinnamon bread- it was endless! It was summer and the place was very busy at breakfast which I found very hard, coming from a small peaceful country. I think they need to make the breakfast period longer to make it a nicer experience at peak times. that is my only negative really. American children seem to be generally untamed and loud. the dogs were all very well-behaved. I didn't notice them at all. The pool was ok but inside because this is a skiing place in the winter.

Room Tip: Ask for a disability access room if you want to have room to dance!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chris S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello Howard and Joy! Thank you for your colorful and entertaining review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Yes, there is some truth to your observations, but not all American children misbehave and eat poorly. We're working on it! Hope all is well in New Zealand! Thanks for visiting us from so far away. Cheers,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Front desk staff of the Springhill Suites is very friendly, which is especially nice to weary travelers. The hotel is clean and efficient. Nothing over the top, but nice nonetheless. There is PLENTY of closet space for business travelers who might need extra closet space to store personal items out of the way with a nice desk center for working. The rooms include a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker that makes 4 cups. The breakfast is a very nice spread - freshly prepared coffees and juices, big bagels and English muffins, pastries, cereals, yogurts, and eggs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!
Tucson, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

On average, we stay in hotels 1 out of every 4 nights. This place is among the filthiest I have ever had the displeasure of staying at. My wife and I stayed on the third floor for 2 nights with my parents on a grand canyon trip and we all agreed that we loathed the hotel so much that we found ourselves doing everything in our power to stay away from the place. We actually found ourselves at a Celtic festival listening to bagpipes because it was infinitely better than listening to the dogs next door howling all day and night.

If there was an online rating for dog owners who want to take a vacation with their dog but leave the dog in the room during the day when they are off sightseeing, this hotel would be ranked #1 in the country. I get the concept of "pet friendly" as a marketing tool, but this place is over the top. Pretty much every other hotel guest than our party seemed to have a dog. Not just lap dogs, I saw a 100 pound rottweiler, several golden retrievers, and even a little yorkie whose owner deemed it fit to allow him to eat off his plate at the breakfast buffet. Both workers in the breakfast area as well as the front desk observed and acknowledged this behavior. When I asked them if that was ok, they all shrugged and told me that this is a pet friendly hotel. Granted they are disposable plates, but if I wanted to eat with dogs I'd bring my sausage and eggs to the local humane society. The walk to our room was like a walk through a dog kennel. Barking and scratching at doors was more common than silence.

Our room was filthy. The carpet had multiple large stains. The only thing dirtier than the carpet was the sofa. Despite being made of stain-resistant fabric, it had several large brown stains on it. I will let you, dear reader, use your scientific skills to hypothesize what the source of said stains might have been. Our coffee pot that we made between day 1 and 2 was left full and on. I guess the housekeepers spend more time trying to clean up pet messes than actually providing the customary housekeeping service. The handle to bathroom sliding door broke off in my hand. The shower glass liner fell off.

In summary, I stay at Springhill Suites for their consistency. This place falls way out of the brand's norm and way below any reputable hotel's minimum standard. I wanted to stay at a nicer place, and at 3x the price of a roadside motel in town, I expected that. I would have been way better off with the motel. I can only assume that the glowing reviews are being written by the very pet owners who have contributed to the dilapidation of the property and the excrement that rubbed off on my pants after sitting on the couch.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Mungry, Thank you for your feedback. I regret that you and your family had such a poor experience at our hotel. I've taken your feedback as training lesson for our team. Animals are not allowed in our serving area, with the exception of certain service animals, and at no time should any pets eat in these areas.
Our pet policy prohibits animals from disturbing others while on our property. I'm sorry you stayed with us during a time when we had a few more dogs than usual and it appears we allowed some guests to abuse our program. Ultimately, we did not hear any of the barking you mentioned. It is still our responsibility to not allow these distractions to take place.
Please feel free to reach out to me. I never want any guest to leave us with a feeling of dissatisfaction.

Cheers,
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was stranded in Flagstaff Arizona and the kind front desk staff went out of their way to assist me with travel help even thought that was not their gob. They went well beyond the duty I would expect from a hotel. Plus the room was beautiful and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that our staff helped make the best out of an uneasy situation! We look forward to welcoming you back to Northern Arizona on a future stay!