“Nice hotel with a good breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Palmerton
“Nice hotel with a good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again if my family and I ever head out this way again. The room we stayed in had 2 queen size beds & a pull out sofa bed. The nice addition to these rooms is the extra space off the bathroom which is space for your luggage and souvenirs. The breakfast includes eggs, sausage patties, waffles,juices, cold cereal, fruits & more. The only thing I wish they would change here is to ad Gluten Free Rice Chex for people with celiac disease like my son & I. The other thing my family found disappointing is the small size of the pool. The staff was very nice & accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are please that you enjoyed your room and breakfast. We have made a note regarding the gluten free cereal and will look into options for carring that on our buffet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Been here a couple of times now and this is my favorite Marriott in Flagstaff. Great views, such a helpful staff and the rooms are awesome. It is near the center of town but up on a hill so it feels private.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you have a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway!
Arizona City, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are small and poorly planned. Open unusable space in the entrance and then awkward walking space through to the actual sleeping and bathing area.

Limited baths so if you need baths instead of showers because of having children, make sure you add to your request.

They don't use trash bags in their trash cans which was an annoyance as well. We have kids with food snacks and dirty diapers to throw away. Trash bags are key to limiting unpleasant scents.

Booked because it had a mini fridge for keeping kids snacks cold. Courtyard across the street does too. Staying there next time.

Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, we value your feedback. We are an enviromentally friendly hotel so it is not a standard to have trash bags in the rooms, however you may request trash bags if you do require them. Half of our room have tubs and half have showers only, if you do require a tub please let the front desk know and they will ensur eyou get a room with a tub and shower combo.
Camp Verde, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very nice property, rooms modern and clean. The staff was very informative and there to serve your needs. I will certainly stay here again. Hotel is also away from the train noise but not too far from the downtown area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that our staff helped make your stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to northern Arizona!
East Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to the grand canyon recently. This hotel was very nice and offered complimentary breakfast. The spread included muffins bagels waffles fruit etc. Very nice. The room was spacious with a desk and sitting area and a comfortable bed. It is about an hour and a half to the grand canyon from here... not a bad drive and they do offer their own tours. The pool is small and cool but refreshing and they have a nice workout area as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax in our swimming pool and eat the breakfast buffet in the mornings!
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here in October of 2012 and was unimpressed. But, I just stayed again and it seems the hotel has improved a LOT. My room was much better than before. The hotel was a tad pricey for my taste, but it was the going rate for Flagstaff at this time of year (I shopped around).

These are nice suites. The layout is excellent. I especially LOVE the bathroom. It is really 3 rooms; the vanity, a HUGE closet, and the tub/toilet. There is a big door that closes the area off from the rest of the suite - very nice design for privacy. I also LOVE it that that area is tiled, not carpeted (the rest of the suite is carpeted). There is a separate living room with a work desk and a frig and microwave off to the side. The suite was very clean and fresh. The bed was so-so, but better than what I remember from before; it was clean, that's all I care about.

The location is very convenient to the Interstate and there is a Walmart within walking distance to the hotel. There are a lot of shops down the street, and downtown Flagstaff is about a 10 minute drive.

The lobby of this hotel is BEAUTIFUL - very modern and there's lots of light. The breakfast area is nice, and breakfast (good!) is complimentary. Wifi and parking are also free.

NOW, what makes this a 5-star for me -- They seem to be a "green" hotel. There are recycling bins, and in the suite, there are REAL glass glasses, and real glass mugs for your coffee. There are no plastic or stryofoam cups in the room. I LOVE THAT. I have been travelling a lot the past month and definitely have a hard time finding hotels that are green. I did notice they use plastic plates and utensils in the breakfast – but, still, baby steps towards recycling – that’s a great effort.
I will definitely stay here again when I am in Flagstaff. The staff is super-nice and it's a good place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are making a proactive approach to making our hotel more green and appreciate that you take notice to our efforts! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We originally booked with another hotel (Embassy), from which we were bumped! When checking in we were unhappy and tired….Rachel at the front desk checked us in early and said she would "win us over and next time we would book Marriott" She was true to her word!! Unbelievable customer service and truly made us feel at home!! Melissa, the breakfast attendant,
gave me great information on Flagstaff and was Cheerful and VERY helpful. Before leaving the hotel, Rachel printed out a schedule for NAU (we were there for orientation for my daughter) and helped me book THREE future dates that we will be staying at SpringHill Suites!!! You have a new fan, I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We are so pleased that Rachel made your stay so enjoyable that you made future reservations! We look forward to welcoming you back on your trips to vist your daughter at NAU!