“Great Place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
rjnagel
“Great Place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

A pit stop btwn Petrified Forest and Grand Canyon. Fabulous hotel, friendly front desk. We had a suite w/ sleeper on top floor and it could not have been any more quieter, which we loved. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. No sheets for sleeper and they were brought up within minutes. Found a camera in our room under the cushions, returned camera to front desk hoping owner was found. Would not hesitate to stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was against parking lot / tree area and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for turning in the camera to the front desk, we truly appreciate your honesty! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay in Northern Arizona!

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is in really good condition and served an excellent full breakfast. The reception staff are warm and helpful. There are good restaurants nearby for other meal options. There is an elevator for ease of baggage to upper floor rooms. Money well spent.

• Stayed May 2013
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We appreciate all of your feedback and will share your positive comments to our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Northern Arizona!
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my father traveled nearly 1,200 miles from South Texas to attend some seminar in Flagstaff. We're 13 year Hilton Honor members so we're loyal to the Hilton hotel chain. But after viewing their rates for the amount of time we were in town I had to check for other options. In my 25 years of travel, I've passed and stayed in Flagstaff many times and seen the town change into a city. As Hilton Honor members we stayed at the Embassy Suites(2004) and Hilton Garden Inn(2008).
This time around the rates at these Hilton properties in Town that include the Embassy Suites, 2 Hampton Inn's and Hilton Garden Inn......the prices per night were outrageous. We've stayed at Marriott properties, mainly at Residence's Inn because my family is rather large so we need extra living space. But this time it was just me and my father. So I looked up Marriott's main website and they pulled up this property. Although I never stayed at a SpringHill Suites, we have one in my city and its décor and look is something out of designers magazine. They're not afraid of style and color. So I used this chance to check it out AND the BIG PLUS was that they had a so called long term stay rate, forgot what its exactly called. But it was $20 to $30 dollars a night cheaper when you longer verses a one night stay which they slap you with a high rate. So I managed to get this long term stay rate which was perfect for me and my father.

Upon arriving, NEVER BEFORE had we experienced a swift check in. I'm also a Choice Hotel member, and Holiday Inn club member, but boy was it quick and smooth. The gentleman Trevor, I think his name was, tall lean young man was helpful. Throughout our weeks stay I got to know him. He would great us every night we came back from our seminar and ask us about it. Whenever we wanted to know where to go to eat, he went out of his way to point us out a direction, or if it was a phone number we needed or just friendly chit chat. Very affable man and easy to get along with, found out he is a fellow Texan who moved out to the Flagstaff area. I hope this property and the management keeps him around, he has upper management written all over him. While eating breakfast, one guest asked for him and the lady working the front desk during the morning laughed and said "Oh everyone knows Trevor, seems everyone likes him" and she and the guest laughed. Trevor from what I gather works the afternoon to night shift.

Another worker who went out of their way was a house cleaning Lady named Debra. A real sweetheart and caring woman. On our 2nd or 3rd night after returning from a seminar, we noticed our rear driver side tire was completely flat. We pulled into a gas station to fill it and made it to a local Wal Mart right by the hotel, not even a block away. We got some Fix A Flat sealant. Once we parked my truck, I began putting the sealant into the tire and someone stopped by and asked if we needed any help or if everything was alright. I looked back and it was a female employee who I had seen several times working house cleaning on our floor. Her name is Debra, and she said her husband worked at a local Discount Tire in town and could help us out. We gave her our name and she came back a few minutes later to hand us a card with directions of the tire shop. My father was really taken back by her gesture and concern for us. She could of gone about her business and ignored our problem but she didn't. She reached out with help and with that simple gesture of kindness made us feel we weren't alone in a area foreign to us so far away from home. I mean seriously, a flat tire 1,200 miles away from home? scary thought but comforting when random acts of kindness to shown to you.

As for the property, like some have said, it looks like a boutique hotel. The breakfast was actually decent and good. The lobby is nicely well done but does shoe its age when it comes to wear and tear. Yes the property may Not be THAT old but its furniture does show its been used. This goes for the room as well. Over all the room is spacious and fitted our needs. What I wish Hilton and Holiday Inn did was offer plenty of electrical sockets. In this day of age of Tablets, smartphones and mp3 players (all of which I have) its sometimes hard to find extra wall sockets that are free. In other properties we sometimes unplug the clock radio just to charge our phones. Not at this property, there was sockets everywhere that were free. And there was enough lights everywhere. Most hotel rooms have dime rooms and they try to get back with 2 desk lamps. But with the style and design of this property, its very tasteful.
As for the noise in the hallway or outside, we were located facing towards the Comfort Inn. We had a quiet 5 night stay. The only time we experienced any noise was due to the fact that our room, as i'm sure other rooms do to, has door that connects to another room. So when other guest checked in, we could hear them shower, their tv or hear them flush the toilet. hahaha but nothing to write home about.
Our only real gripe was the restroom. the toilet had a strong disgusting odor when we walked in as if it hadn't been cleaned. There was grime and mold along the grout seems of the walk in shower. Since the floor tile and the shower tile surround is ALL white, well it was easy to find all the mold and mildew on the cracks and corners of the tile. I know some of the house cleaners looked over worked so i'm guessing this is why the quality and control of room cleaning might be suffering. Therefore I don't place blame on house keepers but on the supervisor and hotel management for over assigning room cleanings with a small work force. You've got great employee's but housekeeping does seem over worked and I've NEVER seen a hotel that has their House Cleaners working well past 9pm cleaning rooms. Its obvious they're working long shifts and trying to clean as much as they can. But when you over work the staff, they no longer care about the quality of their work no more than trying to just make their cleaning quota. Management or the supervisor has introduced a slippery slope effect with workmen ship of the staff. correct it. I even met some of the newly hired house keepers and I never personally asked them but I knew they were working long hours trying to get their work done with so little help.

Room Tip: if you're handicap or someone in your party is, call ahead of time and request to stay near the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are truly pleased that Trevor and Debra were able to make your stay such an enjoyable one. We truly pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide to our guests, creating a home away from home experience for each and every person that walks through our doors. We also appreciate the feedback on the hotel, we are currently working to on the little touches to make sure our rooms are clean and comfortable. We have shared your comments with all of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip from Texas to Arizona!
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

When you walk into this Marriott property, you may think that you accidently wandered into a funky boutique hotel. Wander to your room, after a super efficient check in, and you will realize that you are at an older property. Sink not separate from shower. Many marks on walls. Good value for families looking for frig and microwave. Less than stellar breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff. We are glad that our staff took good care of you on your trip, we truly pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. We hope to welcome you back on a future trip to Flagstaff.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, because the nice ones were booked this weekend. The rooms overlooking the parking lot are quieter, our room faced the road and was noisy. The walls are paper thin and there is a lot of noise in the hotel. The bathtub seems to be available only in the handicapped rooms. The toddler playpen was missing part of the playpen solid bottom, when I called they did replace the playpen with another one. But this is something so basic (since it's impossible to sleep in it without the complete solid bottom), that it should not have been missed.
The decor reminds me of the 1950s furniture and the plastic pads on the headboards and mini reading lamps (although a nice touch) and the color scheme make the place look like a hospital.There was hair in the bathtub, there was hair on the floor.
The breakfast was very good and the breakfast section is roomy, there is even an overflow section.
The front desk people were friendly, but because it was a holiday weekend they could not echange out room to one with 2 beds, instead of one bed and a pull out sofa. The toddler really enjoyed the lollypops at the front desk. A lot of people enjoyed themselves in front of the large tvs in the lobby celebrating.
The first day, we hiked all day and returned at 4pm to give the toddler a late nap, the room was still not cleaned. The lady who came to clean the bathroom did a sloppy job. We caught the stomach flu and were not feeling good the next morning, called down to the management, it was 9:45, so breakfast was officially over. Explained that both of us were sick, yet we needed something to eat for the toddler, all we wanted were a couple pieces of toast and a couple milks, they would not bring them up. One of us somehow managed to go down with the toddler between sick spells, to get her some food, the breakfast area was locked up and the front desk apparently did not have a key or could not spare a milk and toast.
The matress in the sofa bed (that also looked like it would be better off at Salvation army) was terrible, so they were nice enough to bring another one. But the frame of the bed was uneven, so one of us slept semi sitting up in order to sleep.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the back parking lot
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff. We apologize that your stay was not up to standards. We have noted your housekeeping issues and have addressed with them our Housekeeping Manager. We have also taken note on your breakfast needs and are using your experience to coach our staff so other guests do not have the same issue. We truly appreciate your feedback, we cannot improve our hotel without constructive criticism.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights the week before Memorial weekend 2013.
Positive:
1--The staff was extremely friendly and a huge applause goes to the lady who works in the dining room. She was able to keep up with the customers by always being courteous and amiable.
2--The breakfast was perfect for me. I usually eat oatmeal in the morning and their breakfast satisfied my needs.
3--Their gym was just what I needed, 2 treadmills and 2 other machines, adding some freeways as well.

Negative:
1--My room window never closed completely, allowing noise and cold draft permeate indoors. Even though we mentioned it to the front desk, they tried to fix it, but they were not able to close it completely.
2--The screen window, which it should roll up or down, was broken. It was fixed the last day we were there after we told the people on the front desk, which they were very sorry for the situation.
3--After a long day of sightseeing and returning to my room, the room was made, but there was a wet towel on the floor of the shower.
4--The tissue box and toilet paper were not replenished as needed.
5--Room #327: there was a puddle every time I took a shower (no bathtub in this hotel). Luckily the floor of the shower was tilted a little so the water accumulated on one side towards the drainage and I was able to stand almost against the wall in order for my feet (I was wearing sandals) to remain free from the stagnated water.

Room Tip: Do not choose room #327, puddle in the shower. Before anything, check the room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Flagstaff. We apologize that your room 327 was not up to standards. We have noted the items that are in need in repair in room 327 and our maintenance staff is in the process of repairing the issues. We are pleased that Melissa our breakfast attendant gave great customer service during breakfast service. We sincerely hope that you will try us again on a future trip to Flagstaff!
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Check in was smooth, five minutes or less. When we got to the room we realized the room had two queens instead of a King. Mike from the front desk said there was no availability for a king bed, however would see what he could do. 10 minutes later he knocked on the door with a set of keys (cards) for a room with a king. I was very impressed with his professional demeanour. A rarity these days.

The bed was comfortable. The room had plenty of space. Nice layout that is good for productivity.

Check out: was able to do a late check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Flagstaff. Micah is one of our wonderful front office associates and we are so glad that he made your stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to SpringHill Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!