“Large, Comfortable Room, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Large, Comfortable Room, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Large room with two very comfortable Queen beds. There is also a sitting area that is partially blocked off from the beds that has a fold out couch. Microwave, mini fridge, flat screen TV. The two beds also have really cool little reading lights attached to them. The only negative to the room is that the large bathroom has a sort of "frosted/clear" door which allows a LOT of light to filter through when someone is in there when the room is dark. Also, once in the bathroom no one else can use it since there is no door closing off the toilet/shower area from the sink and closet area. But, all in all a very comfortable large room and a good value. The free breakfast buffet is pretty typical and somewhat mediocre but better than nothing if you are simply looking for a bite before heading out. The hotel is walking distance to a Walmart, a Red Lobster, and an Olive Garden and is right off the I40 & I17 freeways. Much better value the the Courtyard Marriott which is located on the same street and block.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here on the way back to CA from Santa Fe NM. The room was very clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and attractions like the Grand Canyon nearby. We will definitely be back!

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 1 PM and were advised our room was not ready. The front desk clerk took our cell phone number and offered to phone us when we could check in. Had lunch and returned to the hotel at 3 PM and rooms were still not ready (never received a call either). We were then checked in to a handicap room. In the morning we went to the lobby to have breakfast at 6:15 AM. The attendant RUDELY told us that breakfast would not be ready until 6:30 AM. We ask if we could just grab a muffin or bagel. The answer was "NO we could not" but she would give us two bagels. With her bare hands she throw 2 bagels and 2 packets of cream cheese on a plate. How disgusting!!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is perfect for families. Large rod with deprecation for sleeping and relaxing or working. Has a microwave and refrigerator in every room, indoor pool and nice fitness center with dumbells. I love the free hot breakfast they have a large selection of food. The HD TV's are great

• Stayed January 2013
spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was the worst SpringHill and my second worst Marriott on my 5 week 9 state road trip.

Very sparse room with holes in the bed sheets and the thin towels.

The room needed a bit of TLC.

i WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

There were other things like pubic hairs in the shower but I will bring this up with Marriott.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The title pretty much sums it up! I drive across the country from CA to CT and back 2x/year with my dog and have stayed in many hotels and paid many pet fees - from $5-20....until this hotel which charges $50! That's like paying for a whole extra room! As for the internet, it wasn't working when I checked in so I went to the front desk, let them know and asked if other guests were having the same issue - they were. The front desk gal didn't seem too concerned but said she would look into it and call me in my room when it was fixed. After 2 hours with no internet and no call, I called the front desk and asked if they had resolved the issue. The front desk gal told me I had to call their internet provider's customer service line and speak to them about it - #1 what?!, that's kind of ridiculous to pay so much for a room and have to fix problems like this yourself; #2 thanks for telling me that 2 hours ago or giving me a call when you found this out like you said you would). As icing on the cake, when I asked for the # the gal was on the verge of rude and condescending when in an exasperated tone (sorry if you had a crappy day, don't take it out on guests) she explained to me it could be found on some piece of paper in my room - and then proceeded to get annoyed when I couldn't find it and she actually had to bend over backwards and give me the # herself.

The next morning, I got to the breakfast area 1.5 hours before it shut down and all of the hot items except for oatmeal and gravy were gone - and apparently they were not going to put out more because their food delivery truck had not delivered that day. Well that's nice. Included in the (not cheap) price for the room was a hot breakfast - which was not delivered as I ended up with yogurt and toast. I ended up making a PB & J sandwich from their condiments because I figured I should get as much as possible out of their scant breakfast offerings.

The only reason I did not give them a terrible/1 star rating is because the rooms themselves are actually very nice. However, a hotel is only as good as those that represent it to guests, how it treats its guests and whether it honors its word. This hotel failed in all 3 arenas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Really nice, clean, modern room. Staff was helpful and professional. Located in a safe area near the freeways. Pet friendly, but expensive ($50 night). Room has flat screen TV, microwave and mini-fridge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!