“Nice convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
USA
“Nice convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night en route to the Grand Canyon and were happy with its location. Our room had a contemporary design, was roomy and clean. Liked the shower stall vs. bath tub. Towels were thin. Good selection at complimentary breakfast. Lots of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our first time staying her but certainly won't be our last. We were in Flagstaff visting NAU to see if my daughter wanted to go to that college. It is a great location for getting to NAU. There were some issues but very minor and handled timely. We had two rooms. In the first room the light bulb in the sink area was burned out. We called front desk in a matter of minutes (literally) the guy was there with a new bulb. In our other room the window had been slightly opened by the previous guest. I could not get it shut and wind was howling outside and snowing. Again, I called front desk and in minutes the guy was there and shut it. The stay was quite and comfortable and room was large. My only complaint would be the TV needs to be mounted on the wall with a bracket that allows it to rotate out so the 2nd bed can see and use the remote. Breakfast was excellant with a good variety of food both hot and cold. They kept restocking items as they ran out. On the day we checked out it had snowed and we didn't have a scraper for the ice on our car. The front desk has them for guest to use. GREAT idiea. I would definitely stay here again. Don't listen to the negative reviews.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Springhill in Flagstaff 10+ times over the last few months, always hoping that the next stay will be better. Housekeeping services are good, but guest services are awful. The front desk attendants are not friendly or helpful. During my most recent stay, the thermostat was broken in the room and the a/c would not turn off. The remote control was broken, there was no hot water in the shower, and the iron in the room was covered with black debris. I requested a new iron, and was brought an iron with the same problem. A minor problem for some, but when needing to iron expensive business clothes, it becomes a more important factor. The staff was neither courteous nor extremely helpful. All in all, this stay was the worst so far, and I do not plan to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel I-40 often going to OK or MS and usually on my way back will stop in Flagstaff. I left for my trip on Oct. 25th very late and by the time I got to Flagstaff I knew I had to stop. I called my usual hotel chain and they were booked. I remember a few years ago staying with SpringHill Suites so gave it a chance. I stopped by and the lady pressed the button to let me in (good security after hours.) I asked if she had a room and she had two left. Neither were normally best rates but she gave me my room at a very nice discount. She was very pleasant, asked could she do anything to make my stay more comfortable, and offered help with my luggage (I declined but it was nice.)

The room is a suite with a living area apart from the bedroom area though there isn't a full wall. It's very clean and has the awesome Marriott beds for comfort. Lot's of pillows as well. Flat screen TV, cable, free WiFi....

The decor of the place is amazing. I love the sitting room with the round sheer curtains that circle around the furnishings. Breakfast is free and I didn't see all they offered but did get sausage, eggs, muffin, coffee, fruit....I did see pancakes, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal (hot and cold), yogurt....

I was so comfortable on my way home a week later I stayed again and even got the same room. I usually like top floors for quiet this bottom floor and room is the most quite. Rm 102.

My reason for not giving 5 is the shower doors need to be on the opposite end. the maids are told to turn the heads so you can reach in to turn on and not get blasted but it's not always done. It would see easy to just turn it myself however I have severe arthritis and no strength to do so (tried it.) Just would be easier for them to locate the door to the right near the shower head.

Room Tip: The bottom floor and the hall to the right by the stairs is the most quiet. Barely any traffic. Outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stopped over in flagstaff for one night and barely stayed in the hotel room at all but when we arrived to our floor there was a weird smell that carried over to the room. We opened the windows after dropping off our stuff and when we came back at night discovered quite a few problems.

Since it was late and the room was paid for already we didn't ask about switching a room but here is a taste of what we discovered. There was a closet in the bathroom with a ironing board that had little kids underwear hanging from it. I guess a previous guest left them and no one had since removed them. The fridge was dirty and the spots of stains were in no way permanent it just needed to be cleaned. The coffee maker was dusty and the inside for the water was filled with a layer of residue. Since the coffee maker couldn't be moved there was no chance of cleaning it well ourselves.

It was disappointing but since we were literally in the hotel for a few hours we made due. I don't think i would recommend to stay here right away, there seemed to be plenty of hotels in the area that might make for a better stay. At the same time its clear mistakes happen maybe next time will be better.....road was close by as well not a big problem but if your a light sleeper cars can be heard.

Room Tip: Just make sure you thoroughly check your room first.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Please remember that my stay may not be representative of the property as a whole.
My room was mostly clean, until I moved a couch which had a lot of dust and a clothes hanger behind it. There were two issues during my stay that were bothersome. First, the internet was very slow in the lobby area. I informed the front desk and received a puzzled look. Then it was slow in my room (slow meaning many pages would not load, I was not streaming video). When I called the desk to complain, they gave me the number for their service. Fortunately their service was excellent and cleared it up in 5 minutes, but I should have never been the one to have to call.
Second, I had a VERY noisy heat/ac unit which sounded like a BAD a/c unit even though it was the heat that was on. Every time it started overnight, it woke me up. THe next morning i asked for someone to check it out. When I returned that evening, it was exactly the same. A call at night to the front desk gave me the option of switching rooms or getting either points or a partial refund. I took the points, but did not sleep well again. The first night I can forgive, the second I cannot. I checked out and moved on, despite my original intent to stay 2 more days. Other than these two issues, the place was average to better than average, so if you get a good room you should be fine. The staff being unable or unwilling to do a better job of solving problems indicates a need for much better training at this establishment.

Room Tip: Look next door at the Courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting our daughter at NAU. The hotel is very close to campus and right off the freeway. The rooms are large and comfortable with a living area with couch and desk as well as two beds. The little fridge is nice to hold your leftovers from dinner. Breakfast offers lots of choices from eggs, waffles, sausage to cold cereal and oatmeal. It was a meal that stayed with us until later in the afternoon. Staff is always helpful and accomodating. Hotel and surrounding area is clean and well kept. No problem with noise. This hotel is our preffered lodging when we stay in the Flagstaff area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!