“Always Pleasant Here” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
“Always Pleasant Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel I-40 often going to OK or MS and usually on my way back will stop in Flagstaff. I left for my trip on Oct. 25th very late and by the time I got to Flagstaff I knew I had to stop. I called my usual hotel chain and they were booked. I remember a few years ago staying with SpringHill Suites so gave it a chance. I stopped by and the lady pressed the button to let me in (good security after hours.) I asked if she had a room and she had two left. Neither were normally best rates but she gave me my room at a very nice discount. She was very pleasant, asked could she do anything to make my stay more comfortable, and offered help with my luggage (I declined but it was nice.)

The room is a suite with a living area apart from the bedroom area though there isn't a full wall. It's very clean and has the awesome Marriott beds for comfort. Lot's of pillows as well. Flat screen TV, cable, free WiFi....

The decor of the place is amazing. I love the sitting room with the round sheer curtains that circle around the furnishings. Breakfast is free and I didn't see all they offered but did get sausage, eggs, muffin, coffee, fruit....I did see pancakes, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal (hot and cold), yogurt....

I was so comfortable on my way home a week later I stayed again and even got the same room. I usually like top floors for quiet this bottom floor and room is the most quite. Rm 102.

My reason for not giving 5 is the shower doors need to be on the opposite end. the maids are told to turn the heads so you can reach in to turn on and not get blasted but it's not always done. It would see easy to just turn it myself however I have severe arthritis and no strength to do so (tried it.) Just would be easier for them to locate the door to the right near the shower head.

Room Tip: The bottom floor and the hall to the right by the stairs is the most quiet. Barely any traffic. Outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stopped over in flagstaff for one night and barely stayed in the hotel room at all but when we arrived to our floor there was a weird smell that carried over to the room. We opened the windows after dropping off our stuff and when we came back at night discovered quite a few problems.

Since it was late and the room was paid for already we didn't ask about switching a room but here is a taste of what we discovered. There was a closet in the bathroom with a ironing board that had little kids underwear hanging from it. I guess a previous guest left them and no one had since removed them. The fridge was dirty and the spots of stains were in no way permanent it just needed to be cleaned. The coffee maker was dusty and the inside for the water was filled with a layer of residue. Since the coffee maker couldn't be moved there was no chance of cleaning it well ourselves.

It was disappointing but since we were literally in the hotel for a few hours we made due. I don't think i would recommend to stay here right away, there seemed to be plenty of hotels in the area that might make for a better stay. At the same time its clear mistakes happen maybe next time will be better.....road was close by as well not a big problem but if your a light sleeper cars can be heard.

Room Tip: Just make sure you thoroughly check your room first.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Please remember that my stay may not be representative of the property as a whole.
My room was mostly clean, until I moved a couch which had a lot of dust and a clothes hanger behind it. There were two issues during my stay that were bothersome. First, the internet was very slow in the lobby area. I informed the front desk and received a puzzled look. Then it was slow in my room (slow meaning many pages would not load, I was not streaming video). When I called the desk to complain, they gave me the number for their service. Fortunately their service was excellent and cleared it up in 5 minutes, but I should have never been the one to have to call.
Second, I had a VERY noisy heat/ac unit which sounded like a BAD a/c unit even though it was the heat that was on. Every time it started overnight, it woke me up. THe next morning i asked for someone to check it out. When I returned that evening, it was exactly the same. A call at night to the front desk gave me the option of switching rooms or getting either points or a partial refund. I took the points, but did not sleep well again. The first night I can forgive, the second I cannot. I checked out and moved on, despite my original intent to stay 2 more days. Other than these two issues, the place was average to better than average, so if you get a good room you should be fine. The staff being unable or unwilling to do a better job of solving problems indicates a need for much better training at this establishment.

Room Tip: Look next door at the Courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting our daughter at NAU. The hotel is very close to campus and right off the freeway. The rooms are large and comfortable with a living area with couch and desk as well as two beds. The little fridge is nice to hold your leftovers from dinner. Breakfast offers lots of choices from eggs, waffles, sausage to cold cereal and oatmeal. It was a meal that stayed with us until later in the afternoon. Staff is always helpful and accomodating. Hotel and surrounding area is clean and well kept. No problem with noise. This hotel is our preffered lodging when we stay in the Flagstaff area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My room was huge. 2 queen beds, a very nice 3-part bathroom: One was the toilet and shower with nice glass doors (no tub). The second part was the vanity and sink in the middle. And, the third part was a HUGE, very nice walk-in closet (great if you are staying long-term). There is a totally separate living area with a sofa, work desk, coffee table and a separate area with a frig, coffee pot and microwave.

The beds were less than great. The first bed, when I unmade it, the fitted sheet was ill fitted – it was too short and was a flat sheet (which never stays tucked in). So, I just went to the other bed – but it was saggy and uncomfortable – you could feel the springs. Back to the first bed – at least it was comfortable, even with the bad sheets. I don’t’ know when hotels are going to start buying sheets and bedpads that fit the bed. The bedpad was one of those thin kind that bunch up in the night. Also, the carpet was a little stained up. No real big deal to me, but it was unsightly and didn't seem all that clean.

That being said, overall this is a great place. I love the huge room and comfort of it.
The lobby is beautiful and renovated. Good breakfast in the morning, and very friendly staff. I stayed for 3 nights and I would most definitely stay here again. The price was a few dollars more than I like to pay, but not all that bad – comparable with other hotels in the area.
The Grand Canyon is a little over an hour drive. This hotel is very close to the interstate. And, there’s lots of stuff you can walk to in the area – overall good location. There is a Walmart right behind the hotel. Sedona is not even an hour away.

As for the free wi-fi, the first day it was good. The second day, I couldn’t get it to work much. The front desk girl was very helpful and even called me back regarding it. But, I didn’t pursue it. On the third day it was better. Don’t know what that was all about.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I drove up from the Phoenix area and stayed here with my father and brother the night before hiking Humphrey's Peak. The rooms are clean and the hotel is in a good location with plenty of nearby stores or restaurants, but the layout of the rooms was a little strange. The bathrooms have a sliding door with glass that allows light from the bathroom into the rest of the room. This made it difficult for anybody to sleep if someone was using it. There is not door for the toilet area so nobody could use the sink while someone is using the toilet. It seems like it would make more sense to have a door to the toilet and have the entry to the sink area open, rather than the opposite. This may not matter for couples or someone staying alone, but for our purposes didn't work well. On the plus side, there was a rollout bed so with a two queens room we were able to sleep all three of us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here 10/13-10/14/12. Hotel sits behind another so it felt secluded. It is very new and modern but lacks that warm fuzzy feel to it. Staff was friendly but not overly welcoming. There was a lack of staff presence during the stay. The suite was very nice but very modern. Room had refrigerator & coffee and sitting area and desk. Walk in shower and vanity and separate room for toilet and tiny sink. Carpet was stained - ugh. Hotel is pet friendly but we were told 4th floor doesn't allow pets and that's where we were. There was a free buffet breakfast but it was very very plain. Fine for the one night stay. Hotel has indoor pool and fitness center.

Room Tip: if you want a room that has NOT had pets ask for a room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!