“Nice and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Glendale, AZ
“Nice and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We travel to Flagstaff for business several times per year and we almost alwys stay here. The rooms have a frige and microwave and flat panel TV for those evenings when we need to veg. Close to restaurants and I-40. Plus we can enjoy a walk in the morning or evening.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for one night with the family while driving across the country. The location of the hotel is fine for those making an overnight stop en route to elsewhere and parking was reasonably convenient. However, the room was dingy, the attempt at hip 1960s style fell flat, and the sofabed was pretty uncomfortable. There was a working fridge with room for our stuff, but not much else to praise about the room or the facility in general.

Breakfast was a disaster. There was far too little food and seating for the large morning crowd, and the food itself was not particularly good. Breakfast was included, but I'd rather pay separately for a real breakfast. The hotel seemed understaffed as well. The folks at the front desk were ok, but don't expect anything more than a perfunctory check in and out as service.

There must be somewhere nicer to stay in Flagstaff!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Marlton NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed here one night after visiting the Grand Canyon on the way to Sedona. Felt was a good price for what we got. Got a room with two queens and a sofa bed. Room was clean. A little tight. As others have mentioned the room layout could be better. There is a crazy big walk in closet area that would have served better as room space. It is almost big enough to sleep in. The closet, toilet, shower and sink are entered thru the same door, so it is inconveniently arranged unless you are a really into family togetherness. The free breakfast was OK. They had decent choices but nothing tasted that great. I had a great receptionist when we checked in-very pleasant. I made room requests with my reservation on the internet which were both filled. Even with this room arrangement I would still recommend this hotel and return if in the area. It can be a challenge finding a room with larger beds than doubles and a sofa bed in a reasonable price range and this hotel provided this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Read all the reviews in Williams and decided to drive the extra 30 miles to Flagstaff to get a great room. The family suite for 5 was awesome and half the price of having to buy two rooms in Williams , that by all accounts were listed as "fair at best"! Worth the drive, excellent value in a "Clean, Modern, Well Maintained facility". And the breakfast was a definite plus. Way to go Marriott!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I'd like to start out by saying I never write reviews regarding hotel stays. I travel a lot for work and usually never have any issues. I felt compelled to write about my stay at the Springhill Suites. Upon check-in, I asked the girl at the front desk for recommendations for dinner for my son's birthday since it was that day. My 8 year old son looked at her beaming and she just hands me a list of restaurants and doesn't even look at him, or smile, or wish him a happy bday...I thought it was very rude. I also asked her to add my Marriott rewards number to my reservation and she said she couldn't since we booked through expedia. That is totally not true and when I questioned her she looked very put out and added my rewards number. We then checked into our room and were struck immediately by the smell of urine. When we went to open the window we noticed that the screen was off the window. I called the front desk and spoke to the same girl and she said she would send someone over to repair the screen...well, it never happened. Whenever we walked past her in the lobby she would never look at us or smile...not sure if she was having a bad day or just lacked customer service. We won't be back because of the customer service we received.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Litchfield Park, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

If you like a nice, sleek, modern look...you will love this place. Just as soon as you walk in you see the clean lines and color.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and clean. We had a King Suite...which did not have separate bedroom/living area...it was more like a studio. But the divider between the bed and the living area was plenty if you need some privacy between the two. (like if you want your 5 year old to go to bed on the sofa bed earlier than you!) The bathroom was all in one...with a small divider between the sink and the toilet/shower. It was just a stand up shower stall with a big glass door...giving a nice open feel and room in the shower. There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, too.

Free breakfast in the morning downstairs with plenty of hot food choices, waffles, cereal, pastries, real oatmeal (not instant)...very good.

We are in Flagstaff often to escape the summer oppressive heat in Phoenix....we are so glad to have found another great hotel! We loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

What more could you ask for... a great modern hotel, friendly staff, nice clean room, and a big free breakfast.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!