“Warm welcome, great burgers!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Warm welcome, great burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Always a friendly welcome and delicious burgers cooked perfectly at Diablo Burger. And the fries are amazing! Try the daily burger special, always something really fresh, local and fun.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
California Bay Area
“Skip the veggie burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch at Diablo Burger. The French Fries were especially great - thin, hot, well-spiced - and there were more than enough for one person. They serve the burgers with a selection of toppings; I had an over-easy egg and blue cheese as toppings on my veggie burger. Unfortunately, the "meat" portion of the veggie burger was inedible, but everything else was excellent. We also had a regular meat burger; it was OK.

The lunches aren't cheap, but the amount of food and quality of most of it warranted the extra couple of dollars. We sat outside and the place has a happy, funky vibe to it. The server who brought our food out to us on the patio was friendly and service was relatively fast, given the large number of people being served. I'd go back again if they had a better veggie option.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Still awesome but, What happened to fresh produce?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love DB. Their meat is from just east of town and as far as I know is organic as it gets.
It had been awhile since I was in and considering their ‘local and sustainable’ claim I couldn't help but to notice the extremely dull red tomatoes and ice berg lettuce you would typically find at five guys or in and out, likely created by those dirt bags Monsanto(MSword corrected me that Monsanto is capitalized!). Toward DB’s beginning their burger came with juicy red tomatoes and dark mixed greens. We also miss their fresh Jalapeños which have been replaced with the vinegar soaked type which some of you probably prefer.
The burger is still awesome now with a bigger locally made English muffin that handles the patty much better than the small Thomas brand muffins they were using. I will still eat there and couldn’t give 3 stars since they are a unique and delicious hamburger joint providing local meat, just a little disappointing some of the toppings aren’t higher quality more sustainably grown, maybe in the future. Would be 5 star if toppings were higher quality.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Burgers But May Not Justify Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had read somewhere that DB had great burgers. I was walking around town with my 3 teenagers, when we spotted DB and decided to give it a try. The place is small inside, but has a decent patio. You order at the counter and they take cash only. I had to run out to an ATM and get cash, which I hate to do when my bank's ATM isn't available because of the fees! The burgers tasted good...very fresh and the english muffin is a nice spin, but they are expensive and given the price and the cash only policy, I wouldn't race back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Burger was fine. Fries way over seasoned”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Burger was good but $. Served on an English Muffin. Fries were way over seasoned. Rifted them all day. Service was basic. You can not claim a seat until after you place your order so that is not good if you have a large party. They allow dogs on the patio which is a plus

• Visited September 2012