“Lovely room but too much traffic noise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Barcelona
“Lovely room but too much traffic noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Great room and shower in this new hotel near the Interstate just S of town centre. When checking in I asked if there would be too much traffic noise: no, is what the check-in lady said. Well I don´t think so. The room had views over the Interstate and noise levels to fit. We both slept poorly because of this, a situation not helped by the bed looking great but being a little uncomfortable. This was disappointing as the hotel is really nicely appointed inside. This hotel is recommended if you can find a quiet room or have good ear plugs. If visiting the Grand Canyon try heading N then W to the eastern park entrance: a nice drive and, for us at least, not marred by the queues at the S entrance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Very nice hotel for those in the grand canyon area. New, very clean, free wi/fi and excellent service. It is close to the interstate and to a number of restaurants/retail stores. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This is unlike any Courtyard I've stayed at. I felt like I was checking into a resort as I drove up the mountain. I was uncertain about the area so I got assistance from the front desk clerk and they showed me a helpful touch screen map in their lobby to use for directions and suggestions if I needed them in the future. It even printed it out for me. I was impressed with the breakfast. I could see that the staff was working very hard with the hotel full of people at breakfast and they didn't keep me waiting when I ordered special eggs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I am all about new things- new houses, new cars, new hotels...if it is new, I am one of those people who is likely to love it! Unfortunately, I did not love this hotel. Though the facility was beautiful, it gave off a "cold" vibe and wasn't terribly family-friendly. The decor was modern with an Asian hint, the bed was too firm...I could go on. Though I appreciated the cleanliness and the high quality of the place, I don't know that I would stay here again, even if it was just me, but most definitely not with my 5 year-old along. Some places are gorgeous and comfortable. This place was gorgeous, but definitely not comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

A beautiful new well run facility. Nicely decorated. Comfortable firm beds with lots of pillows. The shower was incredible. All the staff were friendly and smiling and helpful.. The General Manager, Mr. Kennedy, was in the lobby and greeted me warmly. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. Very close to NAU.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Traveling from Phoenix to Grand Canyon with an overnight in Flagstaff, my party of 7 chose the Courtyard because I was using Marriott points. Turned out to be an excellent decision -- hotel was very nice --- more contemporary than most Courtyards I have visited recently. Bar was not open but nice to see it was there with a huge fireplace. Rooms were very nice and clean --- higher ceilings than I've ever noticed and rich deep color tones. Bath was large with a nice seat in the shower -- my 5-yo loves to sit in the shower so he thought this was extremely cool. Breakfast was a great value --- the omelet chef was especially nice and made excellent omelets. One negative -- the walls seemed slightly thin as we could clearly hear the family in the next room putting their children to bed, fortunately, we were so tired from our flight and drive it didn't really matter.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Great hotel, very clean. Located directly across the street form Walmart and a big shopping plaza including a grocery store. Fridge in room makes it perfect to bring your own food, Saw lots of people doing that. Lobby is the spot to hang out, nice bar with reasonably priced drinks. Did not enjoy the pool, worout facility, or the breakfast but they all looked excellent. A little more expensive but totally worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Flagstaff? Share your experiences!