“Perfect location for skiing and Flagstaff sightseeing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perfect location for skiing and Flagstaff sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a great hotel. I stayed here with my two young children during a quick ski trip to Northern Arizona. Rooms are large and updated with very nice furnishings and all the amenities one would need for a family or business-realted stay. The staff was very efficient and friendly. The only downside was the breakfast buffet. The food was adequate, but the hot items were not refreshed often enough (eggs were cold) and the fruit selection was not as good as I've enjoyed at other Courtyards. The breakfast wait staff was very courteous, though.

Room Tip: I'd recommend asking for a room with a view of the San Francisco Peaks
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay! We are glad that you enjoyed the accomodations and had a great stay with your family. We are so pleased to hear that the guest service you received was top notch and we have passed your comments along to our upper level managment as well as our line level employess. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast selection, we have addressed the issues and have taken care of them. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forwar d to welcoming you back on your next trip to Flagstaff!

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

While this hotel is beautiful I'm not sure that the customer service merits the $169/night price tag that comes along with it.

From the moment we walked in the customer service was poor. We were dealing with Chea (sp?) for check in who while in the process answered the phone only to leave us standing there for nearly 10 minutes while he discussed dinner options with whomever was on the phone. In the time that we stood there the gentleman at the other counter checked in 3 other guests, explained how to get to their rooms and the best options for parking. When Chea finally did hang up he didn't bother to offer an apology he simply stated that he needed a CC and DL, handed them back with key cards and told us we could park anywhere. He didn't tell us our room number, didn't share with us the breakfast options or anything else for that matter. His tag said night audit, perhaps he should stick to numbers rather than dealing with guests as it doesn't seem to be his forte.

As for the free wi-fi, let's just say I'm typing this from my phone as I've been trying to log onto both my ipad and laptop for the past 4 hours and have been unsuccessful thus far.

The rooms are gorgeous, my complaint certainly isn't with the room, though apparently 1 towel is sufficient for all members of your party, the customer service lacks here and that alone is enough to keep me from returning.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in Flagstaff. Becuase of guests like you we are able to adress the issues at hand and resolve them. We pride ourselves in the customer service that our staff delivers to our guests and we have addressed the issues that you experienced with our Front Office Associate. We have also just updated our wireless internet speed so the internet is now more easily accessible and user friendly. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give our property another try on your next visit to Flagstaff.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The pictures made this hotel seem different than most, it wasn't. It has an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi had so many chemicals it burned our eyes.,as we checked in we were asked why we were in town, not really their business and told breakfast was at 6:30 but as we checked out on Saturday found out it was 7:00. We had to sit in the lobby for 30 minutes. My husband went to the fitness center to work out and at 5:00 am they had no towels or water. Nice pictures on Internet that did not deliver. Breakfast was not free but 10.00 for adults which shocked everyone when they came down to eat.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We appreciate feedback both good and bad, this helps us fix the issues at hand and ensure that the issues you experienced will not repeat themselves in the future. We have addressed the towel issues with our housekeeping department. We called in our pool chemical representative to make sure we had the proper balance of chemicals in our pool area. Within the Marriott brand Courtyards do not include breakfast, we have addressed our front office staff to ensure they are letting our guests know this during the check in process. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope that you will try us again in your next visit to Flagstaff.
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We flew in on short notice to see our new granddaughter. Upon arrival, the desk staff were busy so the manager "David" gladly checked us in and graciously provided us with a room with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. He also took the time to walk me through all the amenities the hotel had to offer to include entertainment and food options within Flagstaff. The room was a very clean and comfortable. The bed provided an excellent nights sleep for my companion and I after a day of babysitting grandchildren while my son and daughter-in-law were in the hospital. The location was convenient and made access easy to restaurants and shops close by. The staff working the bar were friendly and made some great drinks which made winding down from the day quite relaxing. We will plan to stay here again on our next visit from Midwest.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side of north wing provide and excellent view of the peaks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My stay went pretty well i was happy with the room, the staff and the breakfast but the view of the parking lot was not so good. Jacob and Ryan at the front desk were very professional and easy to talk with. The only problem was that i asked them for a room with a vie although this is a personal pet peeve i was still happy with the room and the staff. I would stay again sometime during the winter season .

Room Tip: I would recommend choosing a room on the 3rd floor facing the mountain
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Always know what you're going to get with Marriott. I was surprised that the rooms were better than the marquis in San Fran.

Staff was nice and the manager...David? I think. He took the time to answer our questions about the town. He pointed us in the right direction and we had a great time.

Rooms were clean and nice. I actually liked the beds a lot. I will admit that my bed at home sucks, but I still slept like a baby.

Pool looks like it could be fun for the kids.

I liked the Christmas decorations.

FYI.. The Marquis was really nice... I think this is just newer.

I can't figure out how to add a photo. Took one of the front. Nice rustic look to it. There are seriously a ton of pine trees here. According to the manager, flagstaff has the largest ponderosa pine forest in the world. Didn't verify it, but I believe it. They are everywhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife is really particular about cleanliness and this place flew by in flying colors. I love the amenities indoor pool and enjoyed watching the game at the lounge. Front desk staff was professional and made check in easy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Courtyard Flagstaff? Share your experiences!