“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Mesa, Arizona
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. Loved the spacious room that was very comfortable, quiet and clean. Convenient location with a nice breakfast buffet, which was not included in the price of the room. The bathroom was great with plenty of room, clean and updated. Parking lot was well lit, with restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This is our 1st time at this hotel and I am blown away. From Nick at the Front desk to Alex our server for breakfast the customer service is amazing. Our room is great too, we have a room with two beds and a balcony, we had to pay $10 more for the balcony but it was well worth it! Ask for a room with a balcony on the south side of the hotel, we have a great view of the mountains and it was so nice to sit on our balcony and have a cup of coffee. The lobby is decorated for Christmas which adds to the ambiance of the hotel. We will be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a wonderful stay in Flagstaff. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Rooms were clean and comfortable with shopping close by. The firepit in the courtyard was great with a nice bar for drinks. We had a room with a balcony that we loved.

Ramsey, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My first room was on the basement level overlooking the parking lot. I'm a Marriott Elite member and thought the room given was subpar so I asked to be switched. Our next room was on the 3rd floor, again overlooking the parking lot and opposite the ice machine. We left. The room the next morning and when we returned (Saturday evening @ approximately 10:15pm), we discovered that our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to complain, only to learn that housekeeping was unavailable and that there was no manager on site. I found this odd given that the hotel was crowded with very young adults and the only person on staff (Paxton) was unable to leave his front desk post. I was offered towels but only if I got them myself. When asked for another room that had been cleaned, I was given another room on the same floor but had to move myself. I paid over $150 per night for this room and did receive a partial credit (booked through Orbitz). For the major inconvenience and lack of customer service, I feel that my entire two night stay should have been credited. As an Elite Member, I feel that I was treated anything but "elite".
I will not return.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
PHOENIX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we stayed here on the way to the Canyon, we have stayed before and it can be a bit noisy. I have stayed in many different places in Flagstaff and they are all pretty good. Staff at Courtyard friendly and it is easy check in and check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Courtyard is conveniently located in Flagstaff with lots of restaurants close by. But, the amount of hair on the bathroom floor of our room so grossed me out that I can safely say I won't ever be returning. Seriously, hasn't anyone on the cleaning staff heard of a Swiffer Sweeper? Very gross. The room itself seemed clean and spacious but the bathroom floor left me wondering. The beds were very uncomfortable and the noise was above normal. Fun fact, if you're in the bathroom you can hear all of the activity in the room/bathroom above you through the ceiling vent. Skip breakfast. Ten dollars for what is normally free at other hotels is insulting. The made to order omlet was the greasiest omlet I've ever encountered and practically slid off the plate upon arrival at the table. The breakfast set-up was convenient (and free) for other guests who were inclined to help themselves to the breakfast bar and take what they could carry back to their room without waiting for staff to bring them a bill. Apparently, you only have to pay if you stick around at a table? We'll pass on the Courtyard on our next trip to Flagstaff.

Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was one of the worst stays I have ever experienced. I requested an early check-in. Although I understand that it is not guaranteed, we arrived at 12:30pm and were told by the gentleman working at the front desk to come back in an hour and our room would be ready. We came back an hour later, and he same gentleman said our room was still not ready. I asked why would he tell me to return in an hour then. He stated that early check in was not guarantted but to come back after 3pm, and our room would be ready. I asked to speak to a manager. A nice gentleman by the name of Luiz came to the desk. i explained what happened and typed away on his computer and was able to accomodate us with room 239. We went up to the room and decided to go swimming. We arrived at the pool and there were no towels. My husband went to the fromt desk and the same gentleman told him someone would be right in with towels. 30 minutes went by and still no towels. I noticed a red phone which was suppose to connect to the front desk. I picked it up and heard nothing. I moved the base around and was able to get a dial tone and pressed 0. I reached the front desk and requested towels. I was hung up on. About 10 minutes later the same gentleman appeared with a couple of towels, gave us an awful look, said nothing and dropped the towels on a plastic shelf. We had plans with our children that evening to go on the Polar Express. We didn't arrive back to the hotel until 10pm. When we opened the pullout sofa in our suite I was horrified at the stains on the sheets. I took pictures. The "pullout sofa" was disgustingly filthy and was much smaller than pictured and described. Even the main bed was uncomfortable. Had we not been so exhausted, we would have jumped in our car in the middle of the night and drove home. This was extremely disappointing for a Marriott property. We dined in the morning in the hotel. The staff was rude and never checked on us once. I will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Flagstaff? Share your experiences!