“stayed thanksgiving” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
PHOENIX
“stayed thanksgiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we stayed here on the way to the Canyon, we have stayed before and it can be a bit noisy. I have stayed in many different places in Flagstaff and they are all pretty good. Staff at Courtyard friendly and it is easy check in and check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Courtyard is conveniently located in Flagstaff with lots of restaurants close by. But, the amount of hair on the bathroom floor of our room so grossed me out that I can safely say I won't ever be returning. Seriously, hasn't anyone on the cleaning staff heard of a Swiffer Sweeper? Very gross. The room itself seemed clean and spacious but the bathroom floor left me wondering. The beds were very uncomfortable and the noise was above normal. Fun fact, if you're in the bathroom you can hear all of the activity in the room/bathroom above you through the ceiling vent. Skip breakfast. Ten dollars for what is normally free at other hotels is insulting. The made to order omlet was the greasiest omlet I've ever encountered and practically slid off the plate upon arrival at the table. The breakfast set-up was convenient (and free) for other guests who were inclined to help themselves to the breakfast bar and take what they could carry back to their room without waiting for staff to bring them a bill. Apparently, you only have to pay if you stick around at a table? We'll pass on the Courtyard on our next trip to Flagstaff.

Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was one of the worst stays I have ever experienced. I requested an early check-in. Although I understand that it is not guaranteed, we arrived at 12:30pm and were told by the gentleman working at the front desk to come back in an hour and our room would be ready. We came back an hour later, and he same gentleman said our room was still not ready. I asked why would he tell me to return in an hour then. He stated that early check in was not guarantted but to come back after 3pm, and our room would be ready. I asked to speak to a manager. A nice gentleman by the name of Luiz came to the desk. i explained what happened and typed away on his computer and was able to accomodate us with room 239. We went up to the room and decided to go swimming. We arrived at the pool and there were no towels. My husband went to the fromt desk and the same gentleman told him someone would be right in with towels. 30 minutes went by and still no towels. I noticed a red phone which was suppose to connect to the front desk. I picked it up and heard nothing. I moved the base around and was able to get a dial tone and pressed 0. I reached the front desk and requested towels. I was hung up on. About 10 minutes later the same gentleman appeared with a couple of towels, gave us an awful look, said nothing and dropped the towels on a plastic shelf. We had plans with our children that evening to go on the Polar Express. We didn't arrive back to the hotel until 10pm. When we opened the pullout sofa in our suite I was horrified at the stains on the sheets. I took pictures. The "pullout sofa" was disgustingly filthy and was much smaller than pictured and described. Even the main bed was uncomfortable. Had we not been so exhausted, we would have jumped in our car in the middle of the night and drove home. This was extremely disappointing for a Marriott property. We dined in the morning in the hotel. The staff was rude and never checked on us once. I will never stay at this property again.

Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

3 night stay in a 2 room sute-

Extremely uncomfortable beds, terrible pillows, no room service, no pay per view, they advertise a restaurant but it is only for breakfast and only until 930am each day.

We stayed 3 nights , but the bed was so uncomfortable that we almost left after the first night. Very hard bed...like sleeping on the floor.. Not exaggerating here...the worst bed I have ever slept on.

Also the website advertises that they have cribs and pack and plays...they do not.
They only have small pack and plays with hard wood bottoms... I am so glad we brought our pack and play with us for my daughter to sleep in because she never would have slept on that.

Service was good from everyone except the girl who checked us in. She rushed us through in a big hurry...basically said here are your keys and that she was by herself and they will take care of payment when we check out. Didn't even tell us how to get to the room or give us a map of the hotel. She ddn't tell us about breakfast, or checkout, or anything that you would normally be told when you check into a hotel. We had to ask all of the questions..

Positives - good location, good water pressure, hotel looks nice on the outside and has a nice lobby and courtyard

Overall...would not recommend. Definitely not worth the $159 a night that we paid.
It could have been and should have been better. Dont be fooled by the outside and the "newness" of the hotel.

Derby, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a "NEW" hotel. It is fresh, clean and well maintained. The rooms are well appointed with free wifi that actually works. The front desk has professional employees that are eager to help.

A plus for us since we were pulling a trailer - there is an Olive Garden restaurant just a few steps away. If you are looking for different food and beverage - the hotel has a van to take you and pick you up if you choose not to drive. I would stay here again!

Springville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Top notch hotel at a very reasonable price. The service was very good. My only complaint was the position of the TV. It was perfect for watching from the comfortable couch, but not for watching from the bed. But to complain about something as minor as this would be knit picking.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I were there in mid Oct 2012 and stayed 2 nights - en route to Grand Canyon. Typical Courtyard - clean, efficient and relatively modern (definitely no frills). Room was large and OK - but the mattress was really too hard but to properly sleep...

Would likely not go back - and select another property instead just because of the bed. Ah well...

Room Tip: This is not a big hotel...