“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Florida
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice stay great staff near all the amenities in Flagstaff. Comfortable rooms some great views of mountains. Will stay there again. Nice breakfast and good bar staff. Easy to find and near a lot of nice amenties

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in Flagstaff for NAU's parent's weekend and wasn't originally going to go on Friday. Booked the room late and through Expedia. Only was able to stay here one night. The room was nice and large. Had a pull out love seat which worked, because my son ended up staying the night with us. We liked the hotel, the only problem was we must have been close to the entry door for our floor and all night the door slammed shut. They might think about doing something to the door so you don't hear it all night. It was a busy night! Other than that, it was pretty nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the entry door to the hall you are in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came from Phoenix for a gymnastics meet. The hotel staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. It is right next door to an Olive Garden and Red Lobster and directly across the street is a “Freddy’s frozen custard” shop not to mention a Walmart so, dining and last minute “things I forgot” were pretty easy to access. The rooms were clean and nice. BUT, the one and only complaint that both my husband and I had…. The pillows! It was like someone put a sheet in a pillowcase, spun it around a few times and stuck it on the bed!!! We both woke up many times through the night trying to get ‘comfortable’ and each had a crick the next morning. We will absolutely be back next time we want a nice get-a-way in the high country but, we will have our own pillows in tow!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This place is very clean and nice. Good to stay to way to Grand Canyon. It could be little cheaper. If the deal is good, I don't think you would regred. Please read some of lower rate reviews such as noise of ice machine. I myself have not seen any problem. I recommend this place to stay one night or maybe 2.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly. Room mostly clean. Bed comfortable.
TV station listing was for a different service provider because none of the station numbers matched. Took forever to find Fox News. TV built into desk. Even though it could be rotated, screen was not fully visible from both sides of bed.

When left room first day, we left cracker crumbs on the table in front of TV. Still there when returned to room along with accumulated dust.

Carpeted stairwells not vacuumed. Noticed that the tiled area that runs from the breakfast eating area to the elevators had not been cleaned (coffee drips).

Bathroom clean, we'll lighted and supplied.

There are several other Marriott properties in area that appear fairly new.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lied to.. and then treated like a 2nd class citizen.. Marriott staus not important.. complaints not important.. 100% lies.. the Guy who checked me in was very eager and offered me a rate of 118 per night.. I then asked for a lower rate and he started looking.. it was late and Flagstaff was empty.. so I was looking for a rate under 100 but tried the Marriott 1st because they are good nd clean and offer points and advantages to members and I am platinum (whatever that means) so he then said 108 dollars but with 2 queens not one king for 2 nights.. I said great as I was going to shoot up to the Grand Cnyon for the day.. No such luck as when they slid the paper invoice under the door at 5am.. it said 121 for only one night

when I went to complain they said it was 121 because of some AAA rate and if I was staying another night it would be 149. So I am now franticly packing and trying to find another hotel for my meeting tomorrow.. so much for the Grand Canyon.. thanks COurtyard Flagstaff and thank you Marriott!!.. regardless of points my preference for Marriott is gone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night on our way up to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is in a great location, attractive both inside and out, and the staff is pleasant. Although I'm a Marriott Rewards member with high status, no mention was made at check in. Not a big deal, just not usual. We were given a room on the second floor but finding it was a bit of a challenge as you have to go down a corridor and around a corner on the first floor to get to the tucked away elevators. We encountered other people who seemed to be turned around as well.

Our room, unfortunately, was directly across from the elevators and the ice machine. Now, I know someone has to get that room, and at any other hotel I would be disappointed but understand. However, considering my status with Marriott I really would expect a little more consideration for my loyalty than giving me the worst room on the floor. Luckily we were only there for one night, because between the noise from people on and off the elevators and the constant ice machine I don't think I could have handled another. The room itself was very nice and interestingly laid out with a small sitting area. The beds are very comfortable, there was a small fridge, and a normal size bathroom (although a bit lacking on the toiletries.) But the drain in the sink as well as in the shower were both broken. Sink took forever to drain and the shower left you standing in water.

The air conditioning/heat in the room is an issue. It seems like they tried to go high tech with a digitized thermostat panel, however it does not work properly. We had it set on auto temperature and it kept clicking on and off constantly so we decided to put it on cool . Still clicked on and off. Then we put the fan on as well, still clicked on and off. We would have liked to drown out the noise of the hallway with the ac running but no option on there leaves it running constantly.

Ultimately, I think its a nice hotel that we ended up having a few issues with. If I ever made my way back to Flagstaff I might stay again, considering what else is available there, but I would definitely be specific on which room I got. It was also a bit pricey for what it was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Flagstaff? Share your experiences!