“Oh My.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Oh My.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have been travelling the US for 3 weeks now (NY, California and now Arizona), and we had our BEST meal so far right at this place. The dinner was just impeccable, a true surprise. My boyfriend ordered the scallops which were amazing. I had the duck, very well cooked and soooo tasteful.
We are students, so this restaurants was a bit pricey for us, but after having great wine and those two entrees, we decided we just had to try dessert there as well. What a great choice! We had some sort of chocolate cake with white russian home-made ice cream: heavenly.

We never rated a restaurant excellent on Tripdvisor, but we must do so for the Tinderbox.
We highly recommend this place!!

Oliver (Denmark) & Alessiya (Italy)

• Visited August 2013

Sedona
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I very rarely rate a restaurant "excellent," but this one deserves it. Seven of us went to celebrate a birthday. We had pork porterhouse. hanger steak, shrimp, duck, venison and scallops--all were excellent (I keep using that word!). Patrick took good care of us and had great product knowledge. The only disappointment was the desert, and maybe that was because everything else had been outstanding. And I thought that after spending $300 on dinner, the birthday dessert should have been comped.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“People really like this place?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After the duck fat cooked in duck fat was brought to the table it was cold. The chef reminded me of napoleon. Angry little man. The only thing this place has going for it is the ambiance. Stay north of the tracks people.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Justified Hype!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place has really good food and all the hype about it is justified. The menu is unique and varied. I have tried some of their pastas which were really good, and the salads which had really amazing portions considering the price. Also what I cannot recommend enough is the meatloaf. It was the best I’ve ever had. And most dishes have really large portions, the arugula salad I tried was big enough for two! The staff is really friendly and polite. The bartender was particularly accommodating. Excellent culinary experience.

San Francisco
“Flagstaff's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Flagstaff is an interesting place with a lot going on. We almost missed this place - we walked by and could see everyone was having a really good time - both in the restaurant and in the bar/annex next door. Luckily we were able to get a table and had an amazing meal. The portions are large and the food is fabulous. The jalapeno mac and cheese with duck confit and the pork porterhouse bring American comfort food to a whole new level. The place has a great, fun vibe and the servers and the house wine add to that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Tinderbox Kitchen? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tinderbox Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.