“Ski Lift Lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ski Lift Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Ski Lift Lodge
You added Ski Lift Lodge to your Saves list
6355 West Us Highway 180, Flagstaff, AZ 86002   |
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Demotte, Indiana
“Ski Lift Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We rented 2 cabin rooms. The rooms were right next to each other. The cabins were very cute. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch of the cabin. The view of the mountain from the deck of the Lodge was outstanding! It was a great value to stay in the rooms and get 2 Scenic Ski Lift tickets per room. We had a great day on the Mountain and then having lunch while listening to acoustic guitar. It was a wonderful Father's Day!

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had such a great time in Flagstaff during my 2 night stay. Overall, this proved to be the quiet, peaceful getaway I was looking for but the cabins themselves need a desperate update.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bar/restaurant was simple and exactly what you'd expect from a tiny spot up in the mountain but was only open from 4-9pm. It was close enough to downtown that if you wanted to grab a drink or bite to eat, it was a short 10 minutes away. The single queen cabin room were big enough for me and my small dog but I'd have a hard time believing 2 grown people could comfortably fit there other than to sleep.

My suggestion: the last "update" was in 1998 according to the literature offered in the room. It's 2013...it might be time to do an overhaul and spruce things up. I would LOVE to stay here again but next time I'll know to bring a fan, a pad for the concrete bed (not sure what to do about the squeaky springs - no "private" time for grown ups), an extension cord with a power strip since the few outlets in the cabin were inconveniently placed, shower shoes and bleach along with a scrub brush to clean the mildew in the shower (and hopefully hide the mildew smell from the lack of air circulation in the cabin).

This place has ALL the potential. I hope that there are plans to listen to the reviews and update the cabins so that everyone can enjoy the wonderful qualities of this cabin setting and the beautiful nature that surrounds it! I love the idea of what this could be with a little TLC.

Room Tip: At very least....Bring a portable fan for your room, bring some kind of padding for the beds, bring...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Lodge for a couple of nights in February. It is not a 5-star resort, but we were completely comfortable and happy. The beds were just right and the rooms we stayed in (2 rooms side-by side in their own cabin-like building) had gas fireplace heaters that were super-cozy and gave great ambiance, not to mention all the BTU's you could ask for. The water pressure in one of the sinks wasn't great, but the shower pressure was amazing. Best of all was the proximity to the mountain: no stoplights or traffic, which probably shaves 15 minutes off the commute from Flag. Decent continental breakfast perfect for pre-ski. I also have to mention that I left some things in the room when I checked out and the staff went out of their way to get them back to me in a timely manner. Thanks y'all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If getting a good nights rest is important to you than I say stay clear of Ski Lift Lodge. The beds are terrible and the room heater sounds like a Mack truck when is starts blowing - the blower on the heater is right at bed height so the unfortunate person who is sleeping next to the heater (that was me) gets blasted by hot air every 30 mins. I fall asleep easy and stay asleep but not at this place - WORST night of sleep I have ever had.

The one star for this place I would give to the staff who was very polite and apologetic about the beds - the satff did say that the poor quality of the beds is a very common complaint but General Management won't do anything about it. So shame on Snow Bowl for neglecting what could be a very fun and comfortable little motel - I guess you get your money from the people trying your hotel for the first time and don't care if they are repeat customers. FYI, I cancelled our second nights stay and our second day of skiing so that was roughly $450 of revenue lost - guess what that $450 could have bought two new beds.

Take a hint Ski Lift Lodge and put some money into this motel!!!

This family will be skiing at Sunrise from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hi,
I have been passing by these going to Snowbowl for 19yrs. They always looked over priced for what is availabe in Flagstaff. With the half off lift tickets, free all you can eat buffet breakfast which included eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, ceral, yogurt, milk, chocolate milk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and very affordable delicious dinner menu I have been missing out. It is all you need, you are under the pines, the rooms are quaint and clean with a gas wood burning stove for heat. Right at Snowbowl road for easy access. Friendly people that provide great customer service.
The only con is the beds were just above average, they weren't the worst, but they weren't the best. I got a good night sleep, so they were good enough. This is the only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The plus side to this motel is it is the closest lodging to the ski resort. You also get half price on your lift tickets. The restaurant is cozy, but the food is expensive and not very good. The atmosphere almost makes up for it, though. There is a wood burning stove inside and it's a nice place to hang out. They do include breakfast with your room purchase which was not too bad.

The down side to this motel is it's really old and smells musty. The floor in our bathrooom had a soft spot which grossed me out. I was so glad I brought my own sheets because the bedding was also really old and I was worried the blankets might not be clean. The mattress was awful. Overall it felt unclean & dirty to me, but I realize that is probably because everything is old. This place could be adorable if it were remodeled and better maintained.

Room Tip: The cabin style rooms only have a very old shower. The hotel style rooms have a bathtub and the sho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My second trip to these cabins( I stayed in summer), I decided to spend Christmas Eve here with my family. I could have booked a Holiday Inn or one of several budget hotels in Flagstaff. I CHOSE these cabins for the atmosphere. They are quite dated and far from luxurious but I LOVE them. I travel for a living and I get bored with hotels (luxury and budget). This was the perfect getaway for a chilly evening in the snow. The staff is warm and friendly and the service is fantastic. This is NOT a luxury property, think "Glamping" but with indoor pluming and a full service bar and restaurant! I took my Mother and she wants to visit again this summer! This would be a great place to grab a group of friends, rent a few cabins and enjoy the rustic atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ski Lift Lodge? Share your experiences!