“Warm and Cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ski Lift Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Ski Lift Lodge
You added Ski Lift Lodge to your Saves list
6355 West Us Highway 180, Flagstaff, AZ 86002   |
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Warm and Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hi,
I have been passing by these going to Snowbowl for 19yrs. They always looked over priced for what is availabe in Flagstaff. With the half off lift tickets, free all you can eat buffet breakfast which included eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, ceral, yogurt, milk, chocolate milk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and very affordable delicious dinner menu I have been missing out. It is all you need, you are under the pines, the rooms are quaint and clean with a gas wood burning stove for heat. Right at Snowbowl road for easy access. Friendly people that provide great customer service.
The only con is the beds were just above average, they weren't the worst, but they weren't the best. I got a good night sleep, so they were good enough. This is the only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mesa, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The plus side to this motel is it is the closest lodging to the ski resort. You also get half price on your lift tickets. The restaurant is cozy, but the food is expensive and not very good. The atmosphere almost makes up for it, though. There is a wood burning stove inside and it's a nice place to hang out. They do include breakfast with your room purchase which was not too bad.

The down side to this motel is it's really old and smells musty. The floor in our bathrooom had a soft spot which grossed me out. I was so glad I brought my own sheets because the bedding was also really old and I was worried the blankets might not be clean. The mattress was awful. Overall it felt unclean & dirty to me, but I realize that is probably because everything is old. This place could be adorable if it were remodeled and better maintained.

Room Tip: The cabin style rooms only have a very old shower. The hotel style rooms have a bathtub and the sho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My second trip to these cabins( I stayed in summer), I decided to spend Christmas Eve here with my family. I could have booked a Holiday Inn or one of several budget hotels in Flagstaff. I CHOSE these cabins for the atmosphere. They are quite dated and far from luxurious but I LOVE them. I travel for a living and I get bored with hotels (luxury and budget). This was the perfect getaway for a chilly evening in the snow. The staff is warm and friendly and the service is fantastic. This is NOT a luxury property, think "Glamping" but with indoor pluming and a full service bar and restaurant! I took my Mother and she wants to visit again this summer! This would be a great place to grab a group of friends, rent a few cabins and enjoy the rustic atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cave Creek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This lodge is mostly old & charming cabins. It is quiet and has a forested area behind with some picnic tables. Our room, while not fancy, was clean and had a fan, extra pillow and heater. There was a nice porch with chairs on the front of the cabin. The price included tickets for the Skyride at the Snow Bowl. This was great fun! Beautiful vista from the top. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights while we were snowboarding. We picked it for its great location near to the snowbowl.
Our room was clean & nicely presented with a very cute fire in the corner of the room.
The staff were very helpful & friendly. We ate there one night & is was really good.
Not sure where the not so positive reviews have come from but I say you get what you pay for & I thought that we got more than we expected.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011 via mobile

We recently stayed at this excuse of an hotel and had the worst experience ever. The rooms were filthy dirty, small and not meant for a family of 4. For $79 there are better deals only 7 miles away. And this place isn't exactly at the base of snow bowl.
The staff was ok. The restaurant was awful greasy food. Being the only place, they had no general sundries.
There is no security at this place and so if your are wiu kids, you may want to reconsider. Also no one is available at the front desk 24/7. We had some people throw snow balls at our door in the middle of the night and run away. We decided to leave At 2am because my kids were so scared.
When we called to tell management the next morning they did nothing. They said they were sorry, that,s it. It was very disappointing. Please if you care for your life and the safety of your family, Dont stay there!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Mrgreysbff, Manager at Ski Lift Lodge, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
We are a family friendly property. Thursday nights we offer half off our wings in the restaurant. This has become a very popular night at the restaurant with nearly the whole neighborhood coming in to socialize and enjoy our food. The neighborhood kids enjoy this night as well. When there is snow on the ground snowballs get thrown, though not usually at the cabin doors.

I think that this guest somehow believed that their family was the sole target of this childish prank. Upon learning of the incident, an investigation took place, and it was determined that this was just that, a childish prank. Other guests had similar complaints that night however nobody was ever in danger. There is somebody available 24 hours on the property in case of a real emergency, though it is true that the front desk has limited operating hours. It closes around 9pm nightly.

I corresponded with this guest a couple times after they checked out ( at normal check out time.) They complained to the desk upon checking out and never mentioned that they had to leave at 2 am because they felt so insecure. They actually stayed two nights and this occured on the second night. We refunded the second night and assured them that this was not a normal occurrence. We also invited them back to stay another night with room and tax on us, but they declined.

I have managed this property for 2 years and been living on the property for 4. It is what it is and not what it is not. It is not the Ritz. It is the Ski Lift Lodge, a rustic property 7 miles outside Flagstaff on US HWY 180. Peaceful, quiet, clean rooms, good food, excellent service, friendly staff, and run by real people. We stand behind our product and realize that it is not for everybody and that is OK.
Valley Center, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I noticed right away the room had a urine smell although it looked fairly clean. The restaurant associated with the hotel was fine except that when you got to get ice you went into the kitchen of the restaurant and helped yourself. Kinda unsanitary I would think.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Mrgreysbff, Manager at Ski Lift Lodge, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
We have identified the source of the smell in those rooms. It was septic related.

I do not know of any guest helping themselves to ice, but some people feel so at home here that they just help themselves instead of asking for assistance.

Been to Ski Lift Lodge? Share your experiences!