“Motel Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #55 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am a Senior Commercial Manager with a multinational financial institution and if I provided the level of service afforded to us by Sunny Tewari to Manager of the Hotel then I would be sacked immediately.

We had to formally complain via Hotels.com since he was adamant that he couldn't settle any refund personally to us.

He couldn't even be bothered to come to the Hotel from his place , preferring to speak to us on the phone - he actually ended up shouting at us.

We will be personally providing all relevant feedback aswell as formal complaints to the respective parties.

When we checked in on Friday 12th we were given rooms 306 and 308

It was clear both rooms hadn't been fully cleaned , popcorn on the floor , hair in the bed , no towels - when we complained at 4pm we were advised that housekeeping should be back by 6pm (should !) this clearly isn't acceptable and by 5.45 pm nothing had happened - reception were now unsure when housekeeping would be back.

They eventually moved us to rooms 331 and 333 which were perfectly clean rooms and would have been entirely acceptable to us if we had been given them initially - only issues being no iron in 333 which we reported to reception but used the one in 331.

Also at no time during each morning from 6.45 to 8.30 were the showers providing hot water - merely tepid which is tolerable in isolation but unacceptable in conjunction with all other issues.

On the morning of Saturday 13th , we had a surprise with housekeeping phoning us at 8.15 am asking is they could clean our rooms - whilst myself and one of the party in 333 were up , the rest of the party were still asleep - housekeeping seemed rather put out by this - on the morning we were leaving Sunday 14th , housekeeping were standing outside of the rooms on and off from about 8.30 waiting for us to vacate so they could clean the rooms.

Returning now to Saturday 13th , my fiancee on the way back from breakfast accidentally went to the wrong room , room 335 and her key opened the door , as soon as she entered , she noticed it wasn't her room and came out and came back to room 331 - I said she must of been mistaken - she wasn't her key opened the door to every room - her key had been set up as a master key and so had mine - how many other people in the hotel had such keys - you can imagine security implications if this got in to the hands of the wrong people.

It was at this moment that my finace Louise went down to spoke to the Manager Sunny Tewari and on first impressions , Louise said he was helpful and friendly and shared her concerns and said as we had booked through Hotels.com to leave matters with him and go back and see him later in the day.

This she did and Sunny said he would refund as a gesture of goodwill 15% of the stay but this would need to be done via Hotels.com - personally , I think a 15% refund in the light of the totally unacceptable room/service is an insult but I am not here to make money but to get a full and true acknowledgment of poor service when it has been received.

Rather than arguing Louise accepted this and when we went to check out , reception advised we were "good to go" , when we questioned about some formal acknowledgement of the refund agreed , was advised that Sunny would be dealing.

Turns out that Sunny was just getting out of bed at 9.30am and would take him 30 mins to get to the Hotel.

We asked Sunny to authorise the lady on reception to write us a simple letter on Ramada letter head and for her to sign per pro - Sunny replied he didn't trust her to do that - he trusts her to debit peoples credit or debit cards but not to do a simple 2 line letter ? She was actually quite upset about this.

We ended up speaking to Sunny on and off for over 30 mins on the phone and it was perfectly clear to us that he doesn't care about customer service - infact , when we checked in on Friday , must of been 4 or 5 parties booking in at the same time and Sunny was there next to the person checking clients in - at no time did he smile or acknowledge anyone - if I was running a hotel and I had guest paying me money , I wouldn't go over the top but I would take the time to say good afternoon , thanks for staying with us - if you have any problems during your stay , please do not hesitate to contact me or reception and we will be pleased to help us.

I seem to recall it is cheaper to retain a client than it is to gain a new client as once you deliver good customer service, you will get a client to repurchase - once you lose a client you will never get them back.

If I didn't know better, I would think that Sunny was on a personal vendetta to deliberately offer poor service with the aim of destroying the Ramada brand name in flagstaff.

Let me just give you an example of good customer service - I appreciate this is a little fortunate but the next hotel we came to was Holiday Inn , North Phoenix and we happen to be platinum priority card holders - but we were greeted by name and respected as platinum card holders , room was confirmed as ready and 10 minutes after getting to our room , reception phoned to ask if everything was ok with the room. I restate, I know that being platinum members, they value that I use ICH more than 40/50 nights a year but surely a client for a single night is just as important as someone stayin 40/50 nights a year ?

WE have now had a refund authorised from Hotels.com plus compensation from Hotels.com

Please , do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CORTEZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I would like to see the maintence person fired. There are many people who would love to have a job and answer their phone when called to come help. My husband and I were locked out of our room from 5 am to 8:30 am just in our pjs. The desk person tried all the things he could and even when the next shift person came on tried all the reprogramming things he knew. They tried calling the maintenance person more than once. . . Would not pickup the phone. The maids came in on their shifts and their keys wouldn't work so they were rekeyed. As we watched and waited for the maintenance person, my husband went out and asked the maid if she would open our room and it opened. What the crap!!!! I will never stay at a Ramada again. I went to get my money back and they said the manger would call me and get everything all straightened out. Guess what I have received no call. Should have guessed that was coming. It has been three days since I was locked out of my room by accident, the joke is on me this time. As I said, I will NEVER stay at a Ramada again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

after driving 13 hours, i needed a place to sleep and shower for the night. While i was checking in, another guest was at the front desk asking for shampoo, soap, and tissue. I should have known then to ask but being too tired, it didn't register. When I got to my room, the key didn't work so i had to go all the way around to the front desk to get a new key. Once inside, I found a cigarette burn in the desk chair. When i went to brush my teeth and wash my face and hands, i discovered there was no Soap. I then went to close the curtains and discover blood stains. After a 13 hour drive, I am too tired to call the front desk to change rooms.
I get up the next morning to shower and find no shampoo. Lucky for me I have my own. I could have had a better stay at Motel 6 for 1/3 the rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Flagstaff East? Share your experiences!