“One night is all I can handle without running out for new pillows” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon

Save Saved
You added Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon to your Saves list
Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1008 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001-4747   |
Ranked #35 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
“One night is all I can handle without running out for new pillows”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the pillows were 3 lumpy little rocks on the king size bed in our renovated suite. There were hairs all over the bottom sheet so we used the extra top sheet and remade the bed. There was no countertop in the bathroom (unlike the photo) and the mirror was hung too high for children. Good thing I'm 5'4"! Bed OK, staff pleasant, and quiet in spite of proximity to traffic. Free breakfast was the usual microwave assortment minus fruit. The coffee was instant-good grief. Looks like Inn Suites is par for the course in Flagstaff unless you want to bump up another $50 in price.

• Stayed June 2013
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear guest:

We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Although you haven't given us a particularly positive rating, please know that the feedback is appreciated regardless. It's our intention to make continuous updates and improvements to our property, and in that regard, your feedback is hugely helpful. For that, thank you!

However, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that the owners have been alerted to your concerns, and they are currently addressing these issues -- particularly your complaints regarding uncomfortable pillows, instant-coffee, and disconcerting bed-sheet conditions.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience! If there is absolutely anything else that we can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly. I would love to help.

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We only stayed one night in June 2013. The rooms were very clean and the check in staff was pleasant. However, the rooms are quite small and somewhat dated. If you need to charge electronics plugs are limited in the room. The internet service was down when we were there and breakfast selection was also limited, but the young man monitoring it was very nice and he went out of his way to be helpful. The hotel is in a good location, close to some areas of interest to us with in walking distance. It was a short walk over to Wicked AZ Coffee and made for a great way to start the day. The view from our upper section 2nd story room was great and you could get some good sunrise photos from there too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review! We really appreciate your feedback.

However, we would like to extend our apologies regarding your dissatisfaction with our somewhat "dated" rooms. This is, indeed, a very old property, both structurally and otherwise, which means in certain rooms plugs are a little limited. Again, we apologize.

But we are happy to hear that you enjoyed other features of your stay, including our close proximity to the downtown Flagstaff area, as well as the view from your room!

If there's anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I'd love to help!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After visiting the Grand Canyon we found a cool hotel that had a nice pool. My double room was like the Plaza meets Holiday Inn and the two stay at a Budget somewhere in Roswell NM.
Towels were "Origami-infuzed" and the bottled water (for the coffee-maker) was free. My bed was big and comfee but the t.v. was still a box tele. It was hot in Arizona so the window a/c went 'down to 60 and I slept oh so well after a very hot day in the canyon. Breakfast was free and they served 2 juices, eggs, sausage toast coffee and even made-to-order Waffles! Aspen was a great hotel stay.We all were very happy.

Room Tip: I think they are all very good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest:

We really appreciate this review! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete it.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our "origami-infused" towel decorations, our outdoor pool, and our breakfast options! If you're ever passing through Flagstaff again, we sure hope you come by and stay with us again.

Until then, if there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly! I'd love to help.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

In April, 2013 a group of us went on a river rafting trip to the Grand Canyon, and we used the Hotel Apsen before and after our trip. I booked in advance and got a discounted group rate on rooms. We got several of the 2 room queen suites, which were adjoining rooms, each with a queen bed and its own bathroom with a door separating the rooms for the price of one room. Sounded great until I got there. On the first night I stayed, the door that was separating the two rooms was clear glass french doors. That may have been great if the room had been occupied by a family with children, but many of us in the group didn't know each other. To have clear french doors occupying the space between our rooms didn't give either occupants any privacy at all. I continually asked when I was making the reservations if there was a door in between the rooms, and had I known that the "door" was see-through, I wouldn't have booked the room. We also had to go through the french door into the other room to go in and out as there was no exit door in our own room.
On our return stay after the Grand Canyon, however, the adjoining rooms were different. There was a regular door in between the rooms, and my room had it's own entry/exit door so that I didn't have to go into the adjoining room to go in and out.
The motel is old but clean, comfortable, and pretty quiet except for some train noise. I had a brief interaction with the front desk staff, and they were friendly and quick. I never had the breakfast or used any of the other services offered. The hotel was a little farther from "town" than I expected it to be, and is more convenient for those taking the train. We had a great breakfast at MartAnne's Cafe, which was a 10 minute walk away.
For an overnight stay, it was a good price and a good budget motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest:

We truly appreciate you providing us with this TripAdvisor review! Thanks for the valuable feedback.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us, both before and after your Grand Canyon trip! It's always such a pleasure to hear back from satisfied customers! We truly hope to see you again in the future, sometime!

If there's anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'd love to help!

Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a week. This was our second time. Our week was great! The hotel provides a good location to visit the Grand Canyon and hike in the Flagstaff area. We also had our tandem bike and found the road riding to be safe and enjoyable. The staff at the hotel were quick to fix anything that was wrong. Our refrigerator was not working and it was replaced quickly. We needed extra blankets and they were delivered fast! The best park of our stay was Adrian who works in the café. He greets everyone with a smile at breakfast and makes the most delicious waffles. He also does the social hour and serves afternoon refreshments. He really made our stay. He is an asset to this hotel and has worked there for 20 years. The hotel does need some updating, but the rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room and found it to be quiet. The spa tub was relaxing after hiking the Grand Ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:

Thank you for providing us with this TripAdvisor review! We sure appreciate the feedback.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your week-long stay with us! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, and particularly Adrien; I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear about this positive review!

If there's anything else that I can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me! I'd love to help.

Tyler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The desk help was outstanding. It felt like I was in a fine hotel. A well dressed young woman and a gentleman wearing a tie welcomed us to the Aspen. And then we went to our rooms.

The room looked like any room you'd see in a budget motel with a few exceptions. The bed cover was shaped like a fan or something on top of the sheets. The towels were also hung decoratively in the bathroom. There was a flat screen TV, a mini refrigerator, a hair dryer and a free bottle of water! That was a first! The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner got very cold, as is my preference.

The location is very close to a lot of neat cafes and restaurants to the west of the motel.

But the really cool thing about staying here is the free breakfast in the morning. There was a guy in the dining room who greeted us and asked if we wanted waffles. We all said yes and he cooked them up and served them to us at our table. While he cooked the waffles, we helped ourselves to eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal, orange juice, and milk. There were other things to eat but I can't remember what they were. The man serving the waffles was very friendly and we left him a nice tip.

You can't go wrong staying here. The value was very good and you can tell they're really trying to make something out of an old motel--and doing a very good job at it. I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Flagstaff.

Dear guest:

We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We're so happy to hear you that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, as well as Adrian, who manages our breakfasts every morning. I'm sure they will all be very pleased to hear about this positive review!

If there's anything else that I can do for you, feel free to contact me directly. I'd love to help!

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Free breakfast was good, location is convenient. Alfonzo who was at the desk on check in was extremely polite and pleasant to deal with.

Turned on the Jacuzzi in our suite and flakes of brown crusty material filled the water. Went to the desk to complain, and was given the manager's card for me to call, instead of the clerk calling her directly. The manager did give us another room and offered a ten dollar discount, but it was a disappointing experience. We didn't even attempt to use the second jacuzzi, afraid of a repeat experience. The happy hour snacks consisted of some salsa and chips.....period. There was a couple of free drinks available, but given the limited menu was more than a bit average. Both of the room we stayed in had a mini kitchen with a two burner electric stove. For some reason, BOTH of the stoves had a burner that had something melted on it- one of them was covered with a fair amount of wax. The pool side are covered in some sort of soft putty. Can't imagine that is up to local code with regards to pool construction. The fountain by the breakfast/snack room is totally amateur, and actually looks lame.

All in all, the property is tired, The management needs to go room by room and freshen up the place. There are some good designs, but it need rework.

Dear guest:

Thank you for providing us with this TripAdvisor review! Although not entirely positive, please know that your feedback's incredibly helpful in our effort to continuously update and improve this hotel, and for that, we thank you!

However, we do apologize sincerely for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that the owners have read this review, and are currently addressing the concerns you mentioned.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I'd love to help!

(928) 774-7186

Been to Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!