“On Historic 66” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“On Historic 66”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just came back from a four night stay at Aspen Suites. The staff is very knowledgeable about the area. My requests were handled immediately and all of the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was enjoyable Belgium Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage or ham, yogurt, coffee, fruit juices, bread for toasting and a few other items. The hotel sits across from train tracks but the trains never woke me when I was sleeping. The bed was comfortable. The room was kept clean. It was in a very convenient place to visit many of the attractions in the area. Easy access to I-40, not far from Historic Flagstaff, I believe it was one exit to I-17. The rooms and buildings are kept in good repair but do show their age. There are many restaurants within a short distance of the hotel offering a wide variety of food options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking time away from your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your four-night stay with us! It's always a pleasure to hear back from satisfied guests, and we're certainly happy to hear from you. Thank you for highlighting many of the conveniences our hotel has to offer.

You are quite correct regarding the age of this building. It is quite old, but we're doing what we can to make updates and improvements to this property whenever budget permits. If there's anything else that you feel could be improved upon, please let me know!

We hope to see you again in the future. Until then, if there's anything else that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me, personally. I'd love to help!

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I will say that this place is an Eye Sore on the outside but wow when you walk in you know they care about the customers from the time we stepped into the front desk to when we walked out in the morning, they were nothing but nice! First I got a heck of a deal 15 dollars cheaper then Expedia quoted for a suite room. The sheets the towels and everything was very clean. Then the breakfast in the morning was great i was told that there was fresh fruit but they didn't have any that i found but the waffles were amazing i want to know what batter they use i did not even need syrup they were the right amount of sweetness. So before you book it online call them first.

Room Tip: Call the hotel first you will get a better deal!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest:

We truly appreciate you completing this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your contribution.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, who I'm sure will appreciate hearing this positive feedback! Again, we appreciate this review.

We hope to see you again in the future, should you travel through Flagstaff again! Until then, if there is anything at all that I can help you with, please let me know. I would love to help!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Okay ladies and gentlemen read here first I am so impressed with this hotel the over all experience was amazing the first thing we saw was the ground very clean(older property but very clean). We were checked in On Tuesday April 23rd, 2013 Eladio and Aaron were wonderful they helped us with what we were going to do in the Grand canyon, even told us about things we didn't know we were going to see, like the sunset crater and the Lowell observatory. The breakfast what could I say was amazing the waffles, sausage and the Yogurt were awesome And Adrian the Morning person was the friendliest person I have ever met. Will stay there every time we see our daughter at NAU next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking the time away from your schedule to write this review! We are grateful for your valuable feedback.

It's very exciting to hear about your positive experience with us! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed not only your room, but the entire experience. I will certainly pass on your compliments to Aaron, Eladio, and Adrien!

We are very happy to know that you will be staying with us again! If there is anything I can do to better assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me, personally. I would love to help in any way possible -- just let me know!

Have a wonderful day.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is not near what they promise. I suspect there are 2 types op rooms, since the ratings are so different. We were located in the back of the property: old rooms, dirty, stains on carpet, broken airco, worn out furniture, never remodelled or upgraded, kitchen dirty, broken fridge not removed.
Anyways I could go on and on, but nuff said. If there are really two types of rooms, which I suspect, it is a scandal!! This type of old rooms is not where you put valued customers!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. We value your feedback!

However, we also want to extend our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We are working actively toward updating and improving this property, which is quite old.

I've sent you a private message inquiring about your room number -- if you are able to reply, and provide me with this information, I can more promptly address the issues you expressed in your review.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If there's anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask!

Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Made reservation for one rate and they tried to charge higher rate at check in. Decided to go someplace else as rate went from $62 to $89, too much for slight error. Also, trains run in front of hotel, which was not mentioned

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This "hotel" is just a 1 or 2 star motel, I do not understand how it got its 3 stars. the interior is heavily outdated (70s) and worn out, no upgrades or substantial repairs done. The room smelled and wasn't clean at all. It had a drough, dusty blankets, stains over the floor, broken airco. We would NOT recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thank you for your feedback.

We do, however, extend our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you encountered during your stay. Our property is, indeed, very old. I assure you, however, that we are doing everything we can to update and improve our hotel, budge permitting.

I have sent you a private message inquiring additional, more specific information, such as your room number. If you can, please reply to this message. Such information will assist us in our efforts to remedy these issues as promptly as possible.

Again, we are very sorry about these inconveniences. If there is anything else I can do to better assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. I would love to help.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed one night on our way back from Sedona and found the beds very comfy the rooms a little noisy and a little dirty but not terrible. The train noise wasn't too bad but if your a light sleeper bring earplugs and stay on the second floor as the floors are creaky .

• Stayed April 2013
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there's anything else that you feel we can improve upon, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to help!

(928) 774-7186

Been to Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!