“Good value and great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1008 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001-4747   |
Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Good value and great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

On a recent trip to Phoenix we took a side trip to Flagstaff to take a prearranged tour of the Grand Canyon. We arrived during a terrible snow storm and decided to stay over night. Our tour guide recommended and took us to the hotel. We were able to get a suite for a reasonable price. We were not able to drive our rented car up the slop to our room, but that was a weather issue. The suite came with four large beds and two bathrooms which was extremely convient. The room was clean and included both a microwave and small fridge. Free internet was availble in the main office which my older son took advantage off. The free buffet breakfast was served in a separate building. The gentleman serving the breakfast was friiendly to everyone and made sure that the food was warm and well stocked. With two teen sons and free buffet was a great way to start our day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thanks so much for your positive feedback.

We're so happy to hear that you and your sons enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our complimentary breakfast!

Please know that we're working continuously on making updates and improvements to our property, and your feedback assists greatly in that effort. If there's anything you think we could improve upon, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. I'd love to hear from you!

(928) 774-7186

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We got the jacuzzi suite for below the price of many other hotels in flagstaff. Our room was very clean and we had two king sized beds and a pull out sofa when we expected only the 1 king bed. Also 2 full bathrooms. Hotel also offers great hot breakfast. We had a late check in and the hotel staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. Will stay here every time we are in the area!!

• Stayed March 2013
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thank you for your valuable, positive feedback!

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, you're considering staying with us again in the future! This is, of course, always the reaction we hope for in our guests.

If there's anything else we can do to further assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to hear from you! And again, thank you so much for this great review!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This motel is a great deal for what you pay for it, if you find a deal online. We paid about $48/night for a little suite with a king bed in a small actual bedroom with door, and a small living area with sofa bed, microwave and mini-frig. Bathroom was decent size and clean, as were the towels and bedding. Heater worked just fine. Nothing is new, but nothing is worn out either. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast buffet is good - not great - but filling, as you can eat all you want. The cheerful attendant asks you immediately when you enter if you would like a fresh waffle so that it's ready by the time you've chosen the rest of your food. The buffet includes scrambled eggs (not bad), some type of meat, home fried potatoes, yogurt, cold cereals, different breads for toasting and coffee, tea and hot chocolate. And HOT fresh waffles. Again, nothing fancy, but more than enough to keep you going until afternoon. They also offer free beer and wine and chips/salsa from 5 to 6:30 pm in the same room with the same pleasant fellow serving. We weren't bothered by train noise nor any other noise and the motel was pretty busy with skiers the weekend we were there. All in all, for a budget price we got as much or more than I had hoped for. Would highly recommend to non-picky people on a budget!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review! We appreciate your feedback.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always our hope to see our guests return in the future -- hopefully this is the case with you!

Please know that we're continuously working on making updates and improvements to our property, and your feedback greatly assists us in that effort. If there's anything else that you feel we can improve upon, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to hear more from you!

Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is above average for a road trip stop, but does not quite reach very good, though with a little updating, it could definitely get there. The first surprise was that this "boutique hotel" is in an old motel and definitely retains some of that dated motel feel both in terms of the building decor and the outdated room we stayed in. The bedding was very clean (which to me is the most important thing), and the room was acceptably clean, with the exception of carpets that smelled kind of dirty (I don't know why any traveler's lodging even has carpet when there are so many other cleaner and lower-maintenance options available). We were on the 2nd floor, which meant lugging our luggage upstairs, so a ground floor room would have been a good thing to request. There was definitely some railroad noise, and I was glad to have brought earplugs, since I am a very light sleeper. The building in which breakfast is provided was very simple but cute, decorated with Route 66 memorabilia. The manager did a great job of making guests feel welcome and keeping the food stocked. There were waffles, cereal, fruit, sausages and scrambled eggs (which seemed like the powdered variety) and a variety of beverages. Although the food definitely won't win any culinary awards, it gave us some fuel for the next leg of our trip, was included in the stay and it saved us some time over finding somewhere else to eat, since Flagstaff was not our end destination on this road trip. All in all, a fine place to stay overnight on the way to somewhere else, or maybe for a weekend of hanging out in Flagstaff, but probably not somewhere I would spend an extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room as far away as possible from the railroad noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose A, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a completed review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

We're happy that overall, you had a comfortable stay with us. Please know we're working continuously on making updates and improvements. Your feedback contributes to the betterment of our property -- so again, thank you for your honest review!

We sincerely apologize for the railroad noise -- unfortunately, it's fairly unavoidable, given our location. However, I'd like to note that thanks to the "quiet zones" implemented in 2010, we've noticed a significant decrease in train-issued noise! Believe it or not, it used to be much worse!

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future, should you be passing through Flagstaff.

If there's anything else that I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Every staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. Suite was spacious and clean. Convenient parking. Stores and restaurants nearby and bar right next door. Fresh hot breakfast-a super nice guy even made my waffles! Would for sure stay here if we travel to Arizona again!

Room Tip: I am a smoker and they have smoking rooms that do not have that stale cigarette smell.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback you've provided in this TripAdvisor review. Every bit of feedback we receive contributes to the betterment of our property, and therefore, we're always grateful for any input we receive.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you have any more suggestions for improvement, we would absolutely love to hear them. Please feel free to contact me directly, if you have any more comments or suggestions.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon, should you ever travel through Flagstaff again!

Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First and foremost drove a long way and was able to check in a bit early. Had an issue with the first room so phoned down and talk to Amy, she asked me to come down and she would put me in another room. I got down there and she asked if I was okay with moving to an upstairs room? I said no because I was too lazy to lug everything upstairs. She advised me that her intent was to upgrade my room. I was not prepared for the room she put me in. Me and my 2 boys almost did not want to leave it to go play in the snow. Love the black out curtains that are in the rooms and the fact that there are heaters/air conditioners in each room. The room was spotless, the beds were sooooo comfy cozy. I was so pleased with the kitchen I could go on and on, on just that but then I couldn't talk about the Jacuzzi jets in both bathtubs or the fact that there are bathrooms in each bedroom. The free breakfast was awesome. If you want bang for your buck and only a few bucks it was, this is the place to stay. I will stay there whenever I visit up north.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms seem to have been remodeled. Wish I took photos to show off our room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review.

We are so happy to hear that you and your sons had a positive experience staying with us, despite the initial inconvenience of switching rooms. Hopefully you'll stay with us again in the future, should you ever travel through Flagstaff again!

If you have any additional comments or suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to contact me personally -- we're always grateful for feedback!

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When we first saw the motel, I thought uh oh...old & run down - not the "boutique hotel" I was expecting. However, once inside - I was really impressed - really. Front desk was professional and friendly.

Our room needed a little upgrading - the couch was older, some tiles were cracked in the kitchen area. The bathroom looked like it had recently been upgraded, but the pedestal sink left nowhere to put toiletries. The shower...omgosh - huge rain showerhead, LOVED it. Made up for everything else.

Breakfast and happy hour were included in the price. The cafe manager - I wish I would have gotten his name - was wonderful. He made us feel like old friends, attentive without hovering. That guy should get a raise. Happy hour including grilled burgers and hot dogs - a nice surprise after a long drive.

Internet was super fast.

Room Tip: The back building was away from the street, but the train noise is pretty loud with door and / or wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a positive review, here on TripAdvisor.

We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It's true that in this case, one shouldn't "judge a book by it's cover." However, we are continuously making improvements, both internally and externally. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to contact me!

We hope to see you again in the future, should you travel through Flagstaff again.

(928) 774-7186

Been to Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!