“Great find, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% Off Rate On IBCHotels
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Brisbane
“Great find, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Called this hotel at night after a long day. They had a room available and when we got there they upgraded us to a presidential suite to keep us away from a large bus group. The presidential suite was small and slightly older looking, but had a kitchenette and a hot tub, and a much needed heater. The hotel is really more of a motel set up, but is perched on a hill with a nice view during the day. There is washing facilities which was fantastic, and a delicious breakfast including waffles. Overall a cute little find with great customer service and facilities. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose A, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated!

We're so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay with us, but also our washing facilities and complimentary breakfast! Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

In the meantime, if you have any additional questions, or suggestions for improvement, we would love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact me directly.

(928) 774-7186

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Mainz, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights as part of a huge roadtrip to the GC
Sat Nav gave us wrong directions to this hotel but thankfully it is on the main road from Page to Flagstaff so we saw it in time.
The Room was the Lowell Observatory suite (2nd floor) and it was everything that we needed.Two large queen sized beds and a sofa, massive TV and fridge and clean bathroom. Breakfast is served until 0930 and coffee and cereals, hot eggs/bacon and toast is provided, Waffles will be made on request. An excellent breakfast and a great nights sleep for the price.
You can walk into the historic district with restaurants/bars from the hotel which is also good to know.
Now comes the less positive aspects, it is situated next to a main road...and opposite that road is the train line, trains wizz by every hour or two and it is a little noisy, I think I was woken up by the trains twice but went straight back to sleep again.
To sum up I would say that If you are interested in exploring Flagstaff and all it has to offer and need a good, central, clean hotel which gives you a comfy bed and a hearty breakfast in the morning then you can't go wrong with this Hotel...get a pair of earplugs and chill out about the occasional train noise, for the money, I would stay there again and will definitely consider this chain for the next roadtrip to the states.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jose A, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review -- your feedback's greatly appreciated!

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, while passing through Flagstaff on your way to the Grand Canyon! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and close proximity to downtown Flagstaff.

We apologize for the railroad noise. We're making a continuous effort to update and improve our hotel, and addressing the noise is certainly something we're working on. If you have any further questions, comments, or suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to contact me directly -- I'd love to hear more from you!

Thanks again for your review!

Lakewood, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way home from Christmas holiday. It was older but clean. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Not the greatest place to stay but it was fine for one night.

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review. We truly value your feedback!

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your one-night stay. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime in the future!

Until then, if you have any additional questions, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we would absolutely love to hear from you. Feel free to contact me directly.

derwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all...it is a motel..not a hotel.
It is very old and looks like it has never been remodeled. There was black mold surrounding the bathroom window.
The carpet looked very dirty, every thing had a dingy look to it. The was no internet, they said, "it will be fixed tomorrow".
the little kitchenette..was an old dirty square fridge stuck under an old shelf..with a old dirty looking coffee maker...with a missing coffee pot on the shelf.
The welcoming party was over just 2 minutes before we got there...no offer of a free anything because we were two minutes late...I think we should count our selves lucky.
Left before the free breakfast...again...I feel lucky.
Not enough towels were furnished.
Pro...they had organic shampoo, cream rinse and soap. Heat worked....water worked

Room Tip: Don't stay here. I wish I had taken a picture.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thank you for this valuable feedback.

We do, however, sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have sent you a private message regarding the inconveniences you mentioned; if you could reply to that message, I would be very grateful, as it will help us more promptly remedy these issues.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Dec 30th we found a room in flag ar a reasonable price ...unlike prvious stays the service was great stay there for the price and com back for adrianne and the waffles !!! We forgot toothbrushes they took care of us .... kids loved the train ...my wife and I didn't ... but who cares about us right!?

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review! We value your feedback.

We're so happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our complimentary breakfast (with waffles). It's certainly our hope that sometime in the future, we'll see you and your family again!

In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or comments, we'd love to hear from you! Feel free to contact me directly.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Yes … the staff was friendly and helped us to a 2nd room when our TV did not work … but there's trouble with the bathroom … but then again … we were there for a night on our way to the Grand Canyon.

There was a 'nice' get together with free drinks and salsa when we arrived and there was an good breakfast offered in the AM

No Presidential Suite … just a room with 2 Queens that were nice and a heater that worked. Good value … just not the Ritz!

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review! Please know that your feedback directly contributes to our continuous effort to update and improve our property -- so again, we thank you for this review.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! However, it seems that you may have some suggestions for improvement. If that's the case, feel free to contact me directly. We'd love to hear more from you!

If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Elk Grove, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I booked this hotel based on user reviews and because I was traveling with pets and their pet policy and rates are good. When I was checking in the clerk asked if I'd like an upgrade to a King Executive Suite, and of course I jumped on it! The room was great: a full kitchen, a separate bedroom with a huge comfortable bed in it, two TVs, a couch and a work table, etc.. I couldn't figure out how to work the jacuzzi, and the refrigerator was unplugged, meaning I had to move it to plug it in, but those were minor hitches. The rooms were clean and up to date, with lots of wood and tile. Then I discovered that the kitchen had NO utensils, NO pots and pans, NO dishes or cups or glasses or bowls or even paper towels. And NO cleaning products! It's a shell of a kitchen! I slept fine but had to ask the clerk in the morning about the kitchen. He said that guests kept stealing the plates, utensils, pots & pans, etc., and finally the management decided to take them all out. Really? Stealing? What is wrong with people? I suggested they should warn people at check in that there was really nothing useable about the kitchen (except the refrigerator) but a better idea might be to have sets of kitchen ware available to check out and return when the guest leaves. Awkward, but better than having no way of using that great kitchen! They also provide a happy hour, with free drinks and snack food (but there was no snack food when I stopped in) and a full breakfast (but the scrambled eggs are powdered and the sausages and ham slices are not worth eating). I would definitely return to this hotel, because it is still a clean and pleasant place to stay for the money, and much better than other places which allow dogs but sequester you in the dark smelly sections of the motel. I give Hotel Aspen InSuites Flagstaff two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Try for the back building; it's farther from the highway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thanks for your feedback.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! However, we sincerely apologize for the issues regarding the kitchen utensils! We'll consider your idea of providing a set of utensils available to check-out for guests that are interested. Thank you for providing us with this suggestion!

If there's any way that I can be of more assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.