“head staff won't leave without a fight” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Flagstaff, Arizona
“head staff won't leave without a fight”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This restaurant will make you feel that YOU the customer do not come first. I enjoy the food at Pato Thai. I don't go often anymore because the staff is so damn rigid! They have no allowances when it comes to ordering a dish. You want a substitution, NO! They do not allow substitutes for anything. You can order a salad at lunch, but not for dinner. No way. They charge extra for anything and everything. If you ask them to omit 1-2 ingredients in any dish, they are fine with it, but if you ask for just a little broccoli or zucchini to add to it, they'll charge you. They are very fickle about their side sauces as well. I order it and sometimes it's $1.99 for a side that's as small as a cup of ketchup would be. Other times it's very large. The last time I ordered a side of sauce with my to go order, they claimed they don't have a big size. I told them that I have gotten it before and I even told them I would pay for more. I said, please charge me more and just give me more sauce. It took 5 min for the staff to deliberate on the side of sauce as I wave my money at them. They still had an issue with it telling me they couldn't do that. I asked the cashier and said, soo...am I going to be able to get more sauce? She said she wasn't sure since she didn't speak their language. Finally, I got more of the sauce in the cup that was 4oz. They untied the knot in my to go food bag and took out the smaller cup of sauce to make sure I didn't have extra. WOW people.

I order a meal with no tomatoes. They give me extra tomatoes and no chicken!! It was my lunch for the next day and I called to tell them once I heated it up and realized and they requested I don't eat it and bring it back so "they could see it was incorrect". Fabulous, I'm in Munds Park & have no lunch now. Real gem of staff there.

I don't know much about the Thai lifestyle, but it's clear this town likes their food as do I, when it's made properly, but they will take every cent you have if you order anything and if something is wrong, they would never just take your word for it & have trust when they are going to throw it out anyway if it's a mistake order. They need proof. So, I've had to go out of my way 3 times just to deliver my food I ordered for takeout BACK to them. Count them....3 times I've had to return my food to them days later and it's very frustrating. I have a handful of friends who also agree the staff are restaurant Nazi's. They doubled charged a friend of mine on the total bill once and hassled him about it as well. Saying they needed a detailed bank report, the receipt, exact time of dining and date and how many was in his party. I don't think the owners understand just what exemplary customer service is. I think they think that this small town is full of criminals and they want every penny they can get and just don't have much of a caring way to deal with people. I feel sorry for the tourists that come from afar. You barley even get a smile from staff, except for one college girl working who was not in the Family. Food is good, don't get me wrong, sometimes it gives me the runs, my friends also agree with that and one has said she has gotten food poisoning 2 times, but for me, the fact that it tastes good- that's what counts. I generally don't order it on a weekday with work early the next day, so what? Last thing....staff needs to ease up & cater more to their customers so they can get wonderful happy reviews! That's what I would wish for them. If you are low key and don't mind anything, I would suggest going there. If you have one grip about your plate...good luck, that's all.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, AZ
“Awesome lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

There were so many good lunch choices, very reasonably priced, and perfect portion sizes. Staff was very friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GRAND JUNCTION
“Good little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very nice, friendly, little place! Super cute and super friendly service, but it was the food that puts this place on top. Wontons and dipping sauce were very good. We ordered the Saku Yaki (?) soup and the Orange Chicken. Both were very good, but it was the Orange Chicken that was our favorite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Simply tjhe best Thai Cuisine in Falgstaff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Every food entree and appetizer is great, great service and always very busy. Their portions are typically more than enough for two people, so plan on leftovers (doggie bag).

Visited July 2012
“Authentic thai food in Arizona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

It tasted like the best red curry i got in Thailand!! My husbands food were delicious as well! They even derved Singha thai beer, and thats a big plus!

Love it!