“It's Cheap. You Get What You Pay For” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Relax Inn
You added Relax Inn to your Saves list
1500 E Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Portland, Oregon
“It's Cheap. You Get What You Pay For”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

It was very cheap. Luckily, I came equipt with ear plugs and sleeping pills. It was useful when the trains across the street came rumbling through. It was the only affordable place left after rain storms in the Grand Canyon and throughout the state. I propped a chair in front of the door and had the strangest feeling that there was filming in the shower. Never had that feeling before. I would stay elsewhere, I really would.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This is your true-blue motel without the fleas. Very simple, but clean with a HUGE bathroom with heatlamp -the lighting in there is as if one is a celebrity coming onstage and spotlighted at dawn..also square escape window-like in the movies. If you love trains-this is your place. Beautiful hornage night and day-very close by. Comfy beds. Might want to bring your own towel or washcloth or toiletries. Great price and efficient service. It was a pleasure.

Room Tip: Closer to road is closer to the trains..
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Flagstaff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was by far the worst hotel I've ever been in.. Not only did it smell like pee, but the furniture looked like they picked it up from trash cans and brought them in. I was scared to lay on the bed, for fear I might catch something. I'm also pretty sure no one cleans the rooms, but just places fresh towels in. When I went to go ask for a refund to move to another hotel, they insisted that I only had 5 minutes within checking in to do so. I insisted that I almost threw up a couple times, but they said they couldn't do anything, and that the manager was unreachable. The people are horrible, but not as bad as the rooms. STAY AWAY. Motel 6 was cheaper than this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

The only reason that I stayed at this motel was that my friend and I physically lacked the energy to drive to the next alternative a block away. The room looked as if it hasn't been renovated since the 1960s (retro furniture, bathroom fixtures, and TV). There was rust everywhere in the bathroom. There were only two thin and small towels provided (if you can even call them that, they were more like rags). The train noise off of Route 66/US-89 was atrocious since the room had no sound insulation and the tracks are right across the street. Overall, a HUGE ripoff for my $55. I would gladly have spent another $10 up the street if my friend and I weren't so tired that night. This place was worse than the Howard Johnson up the street, which was also pretty bad.

• Disliked — Train noise, dilapidated facilities
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!