“dingy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
London, United Kingdom
“dingy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arrived and checked in. Ice machine broken. Lady on front desk of indian origin and didnt understand when I asked her for a map of Flagstaff....!! Room dark and dingy and only 2 small towels provided. Fridge made terrible noise so was unplugged, bed very soft and uncomfortable. Breakfast was coffee and plastic looking cereal in styrofoam cup and stale bread. Flagstaff is a small hub for continuing to the grand canyon, do yourself a favour, pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere else, there are loads of places to stay - I like to now stay at independent places where I can, dont stay here. Flagstaff is now a no horn town so staying near the railway is less of a big deal. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Dont stay here, put your money somewhere else - there are loads of places here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
SURPRISE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We reserved this room well in advance. When we got there the room was a filthy mess. Not ready for our arrival. I told the owner that I was not happy all she said was we are going to charge you for this room anyway.

This is a shabby little hole in the wall of a flop house in a poor end of town.

Beware it is not a place to stay.

Dirty, dark, poor area, and owner has very low customer skills.

I would rate this place a minus -10.

Go somewhere else, go any ware else in Flag staff.

We stayed at the days inn down the street they were great and a great price too.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Knights inn in Flagstaff at 224 S. Mikes Pike, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Avoid a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We booked a room at this place, then we saw it. FILTHY, DARK room. We looked at the room and said we weren't interested in staying there, so the nasty woman at the front desk said, "I'm charging you the full rate anyway." Whatever - I'd rather lose the $50 than a night's sleep. Went down the road to the Days Inn which has patios with chairs for each room, a swimming pool, and restaurant. Knights Inn Corporate should probably shut this place down. It's a total embarrassment to their brand.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The desk lady was quite friendly and helpful. But room was very basic and had a weird smell. I can't even describe what it was - not good. I had to ask for new pillows because they were a dreadful shape and smelt terrible (like dirty hair), as though they had not been changed. They insisted they had been but gave me new ones anyway. Why hotels don't put protectors on their pillows is beyond me. The room did have a fridge and a microwave, though the power point for the fridge died on the second day and I had to throw everything out.

The continental breakfast was a disgrace. It was in the reception area. No cereal. Just two tiny donuts and some toast with jam and butter. I ended up buying fruit and cereal from a store next to the hotel.

Looking around the area, I think there were a lot better deals in the vicinity. The place is quite well positioned though.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are much the same because they all on one level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
PV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

CHECK-IN: I reserved a room with 2 queen beds, refrigerator, and microwave for 2 nights. When I went to check in, I was told that the room wasn't ready (even though I arrived several hours after the 12 o'clock check in time) and was told to come back in half an hour. I came back 30 minutes later, got the key-card, and went to check out the room. The room she (the desk person) tried to put me in had no microwave or refrigerator, so I went back to the office. I showed the desk person that my reservation was for a room with fridge and microwave, at which point she started to complain about how people want everything but don't want to pay for it. I didn't want anything special - I just wanted what I had paid for. She said if I needed a microwave, there was one in the office. I told her I wanted the room I had reserved. With reluctance and attitude, she gave me a different room. The room only had one bed, but it did have the fridge and microwave. She also added another set of taxes onto the amount I paid (which already included taxes), saying that it was some sort of utility tax or something.

THE ROOM: The room was filthy and one of the lamps was missing its lampshade. The carpet was disgusting and, after walking around on it for only a few hours, my soles were black. I wore socks after that, and they were soon in desperate need of a washing. The bathroom and shower stall were cramped.

AMENITIES: The tv/cable worked fine and I didn't have any problems with the Internet connection. Fridge and microwave were in working order. The coffee-maker was missing the cover over the part where you pour the water in so, once it started brewing, water began spurting out. I ended up just covering it with a paper bag.

FINAL OPINION: I am in Flagstaff for several days every month. I will NEVER stay at this place again. The front desk lady was appalling, the room was absolutely filthy, and it was a hassle to get what I had booked. There are much better motels in town (Super 8, for example). Avoid this place at all costs. You have been forewarned!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different motel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is a pretty low price motel and you get what you pay for. There is hardly any continental breakfast their wireless doesn't work and the rooms are old. If you are a Wyndham Rewards member good luck trying to get your points since they don't seem to communicate with the franchiser. They also increase the rate a few dollars from the internet stated price making up some excuse about taxes. Good rooms for younger people or people on a strict budget or party crowd.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

When we called to book the room for 3 adults and 2 children we were specific about how much it would be for 2 nights - we were very clear that we wanted the rate for 2 nights and we were given a quote and reserved the room. Upon arrival we come to find out the rate we were quoted was for one night and we couldn't cancel the reservation.
I was furious we were lied to and all the management had to say was "oh well". I will enjoy many trips to Flagstaff but I will never, NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!