“Look further” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Look further”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The desk lady was quite friendly and helpful. But room was very basic and had a weird smell. I can't even describe what it was - not good. I had to ask for new pillows because they were a dreadful shape and smelt terrible (like dirty hair), as though they had not been changed. They insisted they had been but gave me new ones anyway. Why hotels don't put protectors on their pillows is beyond me. The room did have a fridge and a microwave, though the power point for the fridge died on the second day and I had to throw everything out.

The continental breakfast was a disgrace. It was in the reception area. No cereal. Just two tiny donuts and some toast with jam and butter. I ended up buying fruit and cereal from a store next to the hotel.

Looking around the area, I think there were a lot better deals in the vicinity. The place is quite well positioned though.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are much the same because they all on one level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
PV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

CHECK-IN: I reserved a room with 2 queen beds, refrigerator, and microwave for 2 nights. When I went to check in, I was told that the room wasn't ready (even though I arrived several hours after the 12 o'clock check in time) and was told to come back in half an hour. I came back 30 minutes later, got the key-card, and went to check out the room. The room she (the desk person) tried to put me in had no microwave or refrigerator, so I went back to the office. I showed the desk person that my reservation was for a room with fridge and microwave, at which point she started to complain about how people want everything but don't want to pay for it. I didn't want anything special - I just wanted what I had paid for. She said if I needed a microwave, there was one in the office. I told her I wanted the room I had reserved. With reluctance and attitude, she gave me a different room. The room only had one bed, but it did have the fridge and microwave. She also added another set of taxes onto the amount I paid (which already included taxes), saying that it was some sort of utility tax or something.

THE ROOM: The room was filthy and one of the lamps was missing its lampshade. The carpet was disgusting and, after walking around on it for only a few hours, my soles were black. I wore socks after that, and they were soon in desperate need of a washing. The bathroom and shower stall were cramped.

AMENITIES: The tv/cable worked fine and I didn't have any problems with the Internet connection. Fridge and microwave were in working order. The coffee-maker was missing the cover over the part where you pour the water in so, once it started brewing, water began spurting out. I ended up just covering it with a paper bag.

FINAL OPINION: I am in Flagstaff for several days every month. I will NEVER stay at this place again. The front desk lady was appalling, the room was absolutely filthy, and it was a hassle to get what I had booked. There are much better motels in town (Super 8, for example). Avoid this place at all costs. You have been forewarned!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different motel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is a pretty low price motel and you get what you pay for. There is hardly any continental breakfast their wireless doesn't work and the rooms are old. If you are a Wyndham Rewards member good luck trying to get your points since they don't seem to communicate with the franchiser. They also increase the rate a few dollars from the internet stated price making up some excuse about taxes. Good rooms for younger people or people on a strict budget or party crowd.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

When we called to book the room for 3 adults and 2 children we were specific about how much it would be for 2 nights - we were very clear that we wanted the rate for 2 nights and we were given a quote and reserved the room. Upon arrival we come to find out the rate we were quoted was for one night and we couldn't cancel the reservation.
I was furious we were lied to and all the management had to say was "oh well". I will enjoy many trips to Flagstaff but I will never, NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Surprise, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I made reservations to return in September for Family weekend in September upon checkout from our nights in June for Freshman orientation in June 2011. Stopped back in on August 24 2011 to verify and check the reservations for the 3 rooms, all was good. Returned on September 23 to check in. What reservation, we have nothing in your name. This was the same person that verified the reservation in August. Told they had no rooms at the reservation rate I was given in June and that they would have never booked rooms on such a busy weekend for that discounted rate. I was welcome to pay the higher premium for one night, two rooms one queen bed each $89.99 when I had reserved 3 rooms with two queen beds at $59.99. Very rude, was obvious what they had done. No customer service what so ever...... Dont make the same mistake I did, I would never stay here again nor would I reccomend anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We met up with friends that were passing through Flagstaff for a quick weekend. Being high tourist season finding a place was a bit slim. Decided on the Knights Inn because of te location and the photos posted by the property owners, and booked on line. Location was great, within walking of downtown. However, we should have slept in the car.
Went to check in at 12 noon, which the site says is check-in time. Told to come back at 3 o'clock. When we asked for a non-smoking room, the manager/desk 'receptionist' replied, "Not for that price". Checked in at 3 o'clock, and it was NASTY. One lightbulb in the whole place other then the bathroom, two outlets with everything plugged into them (bulbless lamps, clock, tv).
Since it was only one night we decided to suck it up. If you like to sleep comfortably on a good mattress with decent blankets and sheets, sleep in your car instead - will have a better sleep! Also, on line amenities include a fridge and microwave, which don't exist "for that price". Luckily there were no bugs...they found better places to be.

Room Tip: Keep going past this place.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Heerlen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Although this is one of the cheapest hotels in the Flagstaff neighbourhood it's rather bad for the price. At first site it looks OK, but after some time you will notice that everything is broken (tv, light switches, shower, locks) and it's not clean at all. The breakfast is nothing...
When the hotel management would spent a week to fix everything and to clean the rooms thoroughly it would be a rather good hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!