“Cheap and good motel in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Seattle, Washington
“Cheap and good motel in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was initially very apprehensive after getting this motel off the secret deal on Expedia. I paid 45USD for a two queen bedroom, and included a simple breakfast. After checking in, I am not really sure why this motel gets such bad reviews on Tripadvisor and Expedia.

My check-in and check-out went perfectly fine, and everything about the room was fine too. It was a standard motel, and everything was just as expected. It is also located just off historic route 66, and there are many restaurants within a one mile stretch.

I thought it was good value for money, and it was clean, and I had no problems with the staff. There wasn't free wifi as advertised, though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I got it via Hotwire and bought it for 3 adults. However, staff said, that there is only room with 1 bad. And - Would you like Smoking or No-smoking? - I said No-smoking! - You have to pay extra 25 USD per night!!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

when i arrived i was told i could not have the room i had requested which was 2 beds and non smoking! they told me i booked a smoking with one bed. the lady very rude to my daughter and i and i still didnt get what i wanted. when we got to our room it wasnt ready and it is very small. no closet with 5 hangers. with a useless bench in the way. poor lighting. the chain lock was broken. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE I AM. I WAS TREATED HORRIBLY AND SO WAS MY FAMILY. DO NOT STAY HERE! DONT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!! -family from San Diego

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We checked the price on Knight Inn website first, then called this hotel to confirm the price ($49.99). They confirmed the price on the phone so that we made a reservation for two nights. But when we arrived, I told them that I made a reservation for $49.99 per night. But they charged a higher price per night with other small costs like city taxes. I realized that I was charged higher on my 2nd day, so I went to the reception and asked the refund. But they kept telling me that it was me who was confused and asked me to show a reservation sheet which they didn't give me the check-in. I was so tired to argue, so finally I gave up. The money was not a big issue, but I was so frustrated about their claims that it was my mistakes. So terrible and horrible experience. I will never ever stayed at this hotel and never recommended to anyone.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Dont know if the people reviewing this motel were expecting a suite in a five star place or if management has changed recently, but I had no complaints about Knights Inn whatsoever. We got a good rate, staff was polite, rooms were clean, wi-fi worked. If youre looking for a MOTEL I recommend it - really, when was the last time you got a fridge and a coffee pot in a motel?? As for the trains, with the fan on in the room, you wont even hear them.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Electrical outlet did not work, which caused problems for my Aunt who uses a machine to breath, Charged me $49, for first night, and then finally $140, for 2 nights, and I had to call the police to get even $80 refunded, and we moved across the street to stay at Drury Inn. Was definitely not worth the savings we "thought" we were getting. I have a video clip of the owner refusing to refund my money, and the e-mail address of a fellow traveler who also asked for a refund once they saw their room.

One of most sad memories, was the maid, "Lupe", who was working when we arrived at 10am (we were looking at the interior of rooms in the area), and she was still sweeping outside of the rooms at 9pm that evening.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

To my great chagrin, this hotel was selected for a group I'd recruited to come & help on a campaign at my work - one that involved late check in, long days, early mornings. I wanted people to go home at night & be rested and cared for. Well, this place is a total dive. Service at desk was pleasant and...unbending. Smoking room (for a non-smoker, vegetarian) could not be changed "until tomorrow." Construction (loud) going on at 10 pm. Trash in the rooms for 2-day stay. Beds/pillows looked like your guest room after someone has stayed in it. Holes in bedspreads. Cheap, smelly. Anyway, don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!