“Never stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Scottish Inn
You added Scottish Inn to your Saves list
2029 South Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Never stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever seen. Not only was the room filthy there was an actual blood stain in the middle of the floor! Not to mention the obvious drug deal taking place next door! BEWARE all the employees live there so have access to your room at any point! Not only is it an incredibly dangerous place it is also located in the worst section of Nashville! Once are in your room a variety of shady people will be standing outside should you try to leave. We only stayed fifteen minutes!

• Stayed February 2013

Solo
Business
cartersville ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

The first thing we noticed when we walked into the room was the smell. The refrigerator was broken and the bedspread had holes all in it. Then while lying on the bed we noticed several roaches on the wall. Did not want to fall asleep that night. That will be my only night there.

• Disliked — the roaches
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Augusta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

Don't stay here! Its run down and we didn't feel safe there!

Stayed July 2005
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

Scottish Inns Murfreesboro
2029 South Church Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

The Scottish Inn of Murfreesboro, TN is deceptive with their photos as well as their claims. They do not have Internet in their guest rooms they have it in specific rooms and charge more. There is mold on the ceilings, walls, and the carpets are in terrible condition and smell not only of animal urine but human as well. We did stay there only because at the time we needed to have a place to stay however I would never stay there again no matter what the reason, I would rather stay in a tent or sleep in my car. They overcharged and claimed that I damaged their carpet however I have pictures of the place when we moved in showing the dilapidated state of the rooms. What I can’t show in pictures is the smell that permeates each room. I will be more than happy to provide dozens of pictures to show what their rooms really look like. On a rating of 1 to 5 stars I would rate only a 0 as there is nothing less. Avoid this motel and stay anyplace but here.

If you would like to have some real pictures of their rooms please let me know. They were staging a photo shoot and spent 4 days getting a room ready for Hospitality International to come in and take pictures.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! The staff was seemingly pleasant at first, but less than helpful after checking in. I walked into my room and the floor sloped dramatically downward as if all the wood in the floor was rotted and sagging. I stepped into the restroom, and it felt as if the linoleum had been laid over an unmended hole in the floor. The ceiling sagged from obvious water damage from the room above mine. The window unit AC/heat was loud and ineffective - I only left it on to block out the highway and train noise since there was no weather stripping around the door or windows to muffle this noise. And if the hotel room wasn't bad enough, when I checked out the manager accused me of having pets in my room. When I said I do not own any pets, she proceeded to argue with me and accused me of lying! Some old, rundown hotels have redeeming qualities such as good location or very clean or exceedingly helpful staff. This rundown hotel has NO redeeming qualities!

Stayed February 2008
Gurnee, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

The reason we stayed in this hotel was because it was the lowest price we could find (2 people/ 2 full beds / <$40).

The room was filthy. My bed was broken and made noise when you sat on it or moved on it. The bedspreads were visibly dirty as was the chair by the table at the window. There was a moldy smell in the bathroom. The lights in the room either didn't work or were so dim that the room couldn't be completely lit. I think this was probably a good thing, because if I saw the room in full light, I might have preferred to sleep in the car.

There was a free breakfast in the morning which included milk, cereal, coffee, juice, and cakes/rolls. For a few bucks more, I think there are cleaner choices very near.

• Liked — price, breakfast
  • Disliked — filthy rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

Our room was disgusting. We were traveling throughout Georgia and Tennessee visiting Civil War sites. Since there was a special event in Murfreesboro, we had no other choices but to get one of the last rooms at the Scottish Inn. It was disgusting; there was extensive mold in the bathroom and feces (yes, feces) smeared on the wall in the bathroom! And we were charged $65.88 for the privelege to sleep in that disgusting room. We didn't sleep well that night and couldn't wait to get out of there! It was room 109. Gag!!

Stayed March 2006

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!