“Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
MARIETTA
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Warren is amazing! The rest of the staff was very friendly too! This was our 2nd stay here this year and we hope to return soon. Great location for restaurants and shopping. Also very convenient to MTSU!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Justin, at the front desk, was very helpful with some questions I had prior to check-in, but was not on duty when I actually checked in. Our stay was for one night, September 1, 2012.

The location of Baymont Inn makes it difficult to turn left out onto the road, but is conveniently located to many restaurants and shopping. There were several things I did not like about the room or the property, and probably would not stay there again.

They have made the hotel into an extended stay and so the room we were in had a microwave, stove, kitchen sinks, and a larger-size refrigerator. The problem was that there is nowhere to put you usual bathroom stuff and the kitchen sink becomes the bathroom sink. Meaning that you have to wash your hands and brush your teeth over the kitchen sink. There is not even a place to hang a hand towel. Maybe this wouldn’t bother some, but I found it unsanitary and annoying. The actual bathroom is very small and has no exhaust fan and no place to plug in a night light. So, if you get up to use the bathroom in the night, you have to turn on the glaring overhead or fumble around in the dark.

The other items I noted was that the pool area and common balcony walkways were not cleaned in a timely manner. There was a lot of trash around the pool area, overflowing and wet ashtrays from overnight rain (cigarette butts floating in the ashtrays) and a large bag of garbage that was out on the walkway stayed there during our entire stay. The lobby area was overrun with kids every time I went there – I mean tons of very loud kids watching TV, playing on the computers, sitting on the floor and every available space, even in the breakfast area, etc.

I also witnessed, upon my check-in, a guest was at the front desk arguing with the desk clerk about a situation that had occurred. Seems that the customer had tried to buy a soft drink and charge it to the room but he wasn't the registered guest in that room. The police were called by the front desk clerk (seriously?? over a soft drink??). I noted that the front desk clerk was being sarcastic and antagonistic to the customer. It seems to me that this type problem should immediately be handled somewhere other than at the front desk. Most distasteful to witness this as I am checking in.

On the positive side, it was quiet at night, and the room itself was clean. Upon check-out, Justin was at the desk. I commented to him that the toilet in our room had a leak and there was always a little bit of water on the floor. I merely told him this so that it could be attended to, but he immediately apologized and gave me a 10% discount on the room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, around on the back side of the property. It was quiet and away fro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our beds were damp, flooring dirty proof of my sock bottoms being dirty. Noise level...cops were called. Hot breakfast was sausage, biscuits, gravy...no eggs...rest was cold items...will not use again.

Room Tip: Check first so you are not sleeping on a wet bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were in town for a dog agility trial at MTSU. After negotiated the per-night pet fee down to $10 per night, we opted to stay at this hotel. It was easy to find -- right off Route 24. Check-in was a breeze. They gave us a room in a location that was best for us. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was nice, but we didn't use it. There's a small green-space park right out front. There is even a free real breakfast every morning (with bacon!).

Room Tip: Get a room on the back-side of the hotel. There's no parking on that side so it's quiet and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were traveling through TN as a family with a 5yr old. We got a room using a coupon from the welcome station. The pool was very nice, the room was clean and comfortable. We only stayed one night and had a room on ground level just outside the pool. The pool closed at 10pm however, other families stayed outside to talk and was kinda loud until after 11:30pm. The breakfast was very nice, hot and good varity. We would recommend this hotel to anyone with children wishing to stop for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LindsayDiehl, President Assistant at Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear scoutmom509,
Thank you for choosing our award winning Baymont Inn & Suites during your one night stay in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC
cf
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

It was very inconvenient to find, and after other establishments closed, seemed to be a lot of noise outside hotel. A lot of people milling around that were not believed to be guest of the hotel. Perhaps in neighboring parking lots, but still a lot of cars racing up and down streets, and since it is just off the main drag, alot of cars driving around. We asked for a room that would be fairly quiet, but I think the way the hotel is situated, there just in't any quiet in any room.Could actually hear other guests talking thru the vent in our bathroom. Would not stay again. Just didn't feel completely safe there. The extra bolt type lock on the door was very loose and did no good as far as securing the door.
As far as the room, it had comfortable bed. Didn't dare walk on carpet barefoot as carpet appeared not to have been cleaned, vaccuumed, but not steam cleaned, My feet were kinda sticking to the carpet, and I just didn't feel it was very clean. A lot of spots on carpet, maybe by a pet...Breakfast area was inviting until I saw some guests reaching into food containers and getting out food with their hands. Need signs up advising people to use the utensils provided them for retrieving their food products. I don't want to eat food touched by others. You can dress it up but it is still just a motel.

Noblesville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it had so many great reviews of the staff and their interaction. I didn't have such a stellar experience.

Upon check-in, Justin or Jason (can't remember his name for sure) noticed from my area code that I was from Indiana. He said he used to go to college there. I asked which college and it was one I had also attended. He said he had to move back south because that school was too liberal. That school is so NOT liberal that it made me laugh out loud. (Not LOL but actually laugh out loud). But the more I thought about it, the less I liked that he had shared that this non-liberal school was too liberal for him. I'm a gay man and a liberal and started being concerned whether someone who found this school so liberal that he had to move out of state to avoid it was capable of providing good service to someone he clearly would find too liberal for him.

I had further concerns when I first got to my room and noticed only two bath towels and called down to the desk to get more towels for me and my partner and the housekeeper who brought the towels insisted I give her the towels I had before giving me new towels. She started to get into an argument with me until she looked in the room and saw my partner lying on the bed fully clothed watching television. She changed her tune, gave me the towels and hustled off.

The next day, I got no housekeeping service. No bed made, no cleaning, no clean towels. When I returned to my room in the evening and discovered this, I called down to the front desk and asked for clean towels. The person answering said there was no one available to bring towels so I had to go to the front desk to get the towels. The person at the front desk was shoe-less and unprofessional, clearly hunkered down for the evening and very comfortable. When I called the desk the next day, to report i hadn't had any housekeeping services the day before, the person answering the phone asked me if I had my "do not disturb" sign out during the day. I told him I had, but had removed it at 10:30 a.m. distinctly remembering I took it out as I left and it was not there when I returned. The housekeeper on the next day didn't get to my room until 1:30 pm so I assume that 10:30 am was not too late to have a "do not disturb" sign out in order to get housekeeping services. I believe the staff realized i was gay and didn't want to clean my room that first day.

One last issue: when packing to leave after 3 nights, I found an empty beer can next to the bed. Not only had housekeeping missed it before my arrival, but missed it every day I was there as well, since I didn't drink any beer while on my stay there.

Oh! and the pillows on the bed were the size of chicken nuggets. NOT a comfortable bed with those tiny pillows.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, President Assistant at Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Tim W,

Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites and the managing company of Mountain Top Management take great offense to your review of our hotel and staff. I have personally spoken with Justin and hotel management to discuss the issues of your stay. We have never and would never treat a guest or employee any differently due to their sexual orientation. Tripadvisor is a public forum where future and past guests can rate our business based on the quality of our hotel and staff. This review is inaccurate and offensive.

Lindsay Diehl
Mountain Top Management, LLC

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!