My plan was to pull off I-24 for a quick stay in Murfreesboro on my way down to FL with my kids & mother. I found out during our drive that one of my kids had strep, and I was immediately thrown off my game and into a state of general panic. So, even though i usually have my act together, especially while travelling, i was not myself for this one. We make this same drive often to visit family, and usually stopover in Louisville. Because she was sick, I wanted to drive as long as possible and get to our destination ASAP.
I chose the Baymont based on high reviews and reasonable rates, and booked my room from my phone on a 3rd party booking website. Unfortunately, after a long day of driving, I wasn't paying enough attention to details and that website booked me at the Murfreesboro location (which I wanted) and then mapped me all the way to the Brentwood location. Ugh!
I walked into the Brentwood Baymont and tried to check in. I wish I could remember the young woman's name at the front desk there, because she was unbelievable kind and professional even though I was being a lunatic. She could not pull up my reservation, obviously because it wasn't there, but I was shoving my mobile device in her face with a confirmation # on it, so she agreed to let me check my family into a room & then I would come back down & sort it out. When I finally did, and we looked closer at the tiny print on my phone, we saw I was at the wrong location. She called the proper hotel, let them know we would be there shortly, and never made me feel like I was being an idiot, which I was. She was pure class and professionalism, and many people could learn a lesson in people skills from her!!
After loading up my pajama'ed family and all our gear back into the car, we finally arrived at the Murfreesboro Baymont. The front desk manager there (Warren) was equally kind and sympathetic, and upgraded us to a suite so I could stay with the sick child in one room & keep the rest of the family close but separated. All his idea.
I have stayed at plenty of hotels & motels...some swanky, some average, and NONE have ever come close to being so thoughtful and personal. I know that this whole mess was 100% MY error, but he never mentioned it, didn't make light of it, and managed to keep me calm until we were checked in and settled. The day could have been a full-on road trip disaster, but the staff at these TWO Baymont Suites made my problems and stress disappear. Even if it was just for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a little luxury and at non-luxury price? Our second Two Room Suite option features two double beds and private bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Murfreesboro
- Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro Hotel Murfreesboro
- Baymont Inn Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Baymont Inn