“Be sure to stay here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chicago, Illinois
“Be sure to stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during October. While the hotel's location and style is probably best for business travelers, they did a very nice job with our family trip (2 sm kids). The concierge was excellent, providing great recommendations and very friendly). The Young lady Brianna working in the executive lounge was very cheerful and was happy to assist us with directions to the college. Murfreesboro is just a great town, it's hard to get a bad location, but the DoubleTree is quite central and close to the mall as well as walking distance to many great places.

The hotel itself (the lobby, hallways) is gorgeous and seems to retain character despite it being a large chain. The rooms were nice, clean, modern, what I would expect. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business, couples and families visiting Murfreesboro.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I believe they are quieter since they are usually fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments! I am extremely proud of my team and how they treat each and every guest. Thank you!

Sandra Miller, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Once again, we returned to our favorite hotel in Murfreesboro and we were not disappointed! We got in a little early for check-in, however, the front desk was very accommodating and allowed us to go ahead and check-in. Everything was as good as we expected! We will be back again soon! Thanks to all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! I am very pleased to read that our staff always takes such good care of you - I am very proud of our team.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My trip to Murfreesboro was more then pleasant. The doubletree employees were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. There was a young blonde working in the executive lounge who was great with the guests and made our stay an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2012
I sincerely appreciate your comments! I will make sure that Brianna in the Executive Lounge reads this post and I will also share this with her supervisor.
We pride ourselves on our service and I am glad to see that Brianna took such great care of you while a guest at our hotel.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Doubletree by Hilton Hotels in Murfreesboro is the hotel of choice whenever I visit! The staff is always very welcoming & extremely helpful if I need anything. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It is completely hassle free which is important to me since I travel a lot for work. The internet is easy to use and always works well. The best part is that you get a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie when you check in! If you are visiting for work, pleasure or to see the MTSU campus, I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments! I know that many travelers, myself included use TripAdvisor when making accommodation decisions.

I agree that our Signature Cookie is fantastic!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for the night while heading south for vacation. We chose this property because of its price (we are Hiltons Honors members and received a deeply discounted price with our rewards points). The property was overall very nice and employees were very inviting. The only disturbing thing about this property was the rooms dirty carpets. We have a little baby that is crawling. She was all over the room while we were getting ready in the morning. We picked her up and her knees and white socks were extremely dirty. The carpets also had a tacky feeling to them. Thankfully I had flip flops to wear around the room. The rest of the property was pleasant.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

After standing in line for 15 minutes, i couldn't check in at 5:30 for a 3:00 check in time because rooms weren't clean yet. I was told to come back in 20 minutes. I refused to stand in line again so after complaining I was given the room keys but could not enter the room yet. Once in the room, it was nice and fairly clean. The tub area could use a better scrub near the floor. Either in the cleaning rush or due to a high school group in the hotel causing a shortage of towels, we only got 2 towels in our room for a family of 4. And now, the Internet is not working. A nice room is important but there is a lot to be said about service too. I will not stay here again and can't wait for a feedback survey from Hilton.

• Stayed October 2012
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I was very embarrassed to read your comments and to see that we had failed you in many areas. The issues you had such as the room not being ready and difficulties with our internet service are unacceptable and will be addressed immediately. I thank you for sharing your comments so that I can make the necessary improvements.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues further and ask that you please contact me.

Sandra Miller
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

How would you like to have a storm and then next morning find water next to the window and on the floor. Not good. We had to pay full price. We where going to stay for 4 night and this was the first night. We left and went to Hilton Garden Inn much nicer and new for the same price.

Room Tip: Back sure if you do stay, get a room in the back and not on the weekends. Sometimes this place can...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for the water that leaked into your room. Our staff should have done more to provide you with better accommodations by offering to move you to another room.
I will share your comments with our team and counsel them on providing excellent service to each and every guest.

Sandra Miller

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!