“Not what we expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Stayed here on 7/10 just passing through for our vacation. We knew going in that this was just a place to crash after driving long hours. Check in was quick, though the lobby was dated and looking a bit ragged.

Our room was in the back area of the hotel on the 1st floor. There is quite a gap under the door as noted. The room is exactly what you pay for: ragged and dated. The sheets were clean and while the noise outside was easy to hear and once and a while we heard the folks upstairs, the sheets and the bathroom were clean.

We didn't eat breakfast and check out was quick and the staff pleasant. I would probably spend a few bucks more next time and go somewhere else.

• Liked — inexpensive cost
  • Disliked — ragged condition, light from under the door, traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

Actually bid on a one star hotel and got this one. They gave me a (single guy) a two double bedded room. The room was ordinary and the check-in was just strange. You go up to a bullet-proof glass window to check in. There is no lobby.

The room was smelly and very very ordinary! There were many 18-wheelers indicating this caters to truckers! What do you expect for $29.99 a night I guess?

The internet did work, the breakfast in the morning consisted of fruit loops and that's it! I opted for a Starbucks 5 miles away.

The doors in the room have a very high slit at the bottom and allowed very cold air to come in the room. It is also next to the highway (half of the hotel is UNDER the highway) so therefore traffic noise is HIGH. There is almost no insulation, so it is almost like sleeping outside. This is a crazy place to stay and I have never seen anything like this.

All in all, I would avoid this ghastly facility at all costs. Spend an extra (whatever amount) and stay anywhere from a one to three star hotel, TRUST ME!!!!

• Liked — It was a room, LOL
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

Very scary place to stay! We made a reservation to stay there on a trip home from Florida (mid-way) - mistake! They gave us our room and my wife freaked out the second we walked in due to a spider hanging out in the bathroom sink (big sucker)!. The bed sheets were extremely balled and old looking, there were brown (nasty) stains all over the sides of the box springs, and the room reeked of paint fumes. We complained to the front desk clerk and asked to leave but he would not refund the cash payment we had made. They did provide us with a different room that was a bit more tolerable - but I can't see why they didn't offer us a more sanitary room to begin with. The kicker was going to the continental breakfast the following morning and hearing the owners/staff talk about me and my complaints - unaware that I was sitting right there! Not very professional! There were also a lot of creepy people lingering in the stairwells of the hotel - made us feel uncomfortable, too. Keep on driving if you spot this bad boy along the freeway!

• Liked — The Check Out Process!
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms / creepy loitering people
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

My group had 6 rooms, (we were trying to keep our expenses down).
If you are interested in going on the cheep, just want to layover for a couple of hours, aren't easily grossed out, and feel safe in all places at all times. You can manage here.

If you are sophisticated enough to check on line about the quality (oops there's THAT word) of the place you are considering. You should spend a few bucks more and look elsewhere.

One other thing, I booked on-line for $42-$49 (thurs-fri). On the drive over they had bill boards advertising the same room for $29.99. Because I had booked directly with the hotel's web site, they agreed to honor the advertised price. Had I booked with hotel.com or one of those, I'd have had to live with that.

Truth is, if you are looking for a reason not to stay here, it won't be hard to find.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — cleanliness, setting
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kikilala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

Terrible! I was robbed in the parking lot! MY car was hit on the side in the middle of the night- horrible service!! My husband called the front desk and a woman answered his question and hung the phone up on him! Ridiculous service...

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2006

My husband's job requires frequent travel all over the country, and I accompany him whenever possible, so while I can't say this was the absolute worst hotel we've ever stayed at, it was pretty close.

I didn't even think it was possible for sheets to be that thread-bare, they were practically transparent! I don't think they had been changed since the last occupant either, but we didn't use them. We travel so much I have found it prudent to bring my own bedding, towels, and cleaning supplies--and they were needed here. I didn't even want to touch those towels, or use the toilet until I had cleaned and disinfected the entire bathroom. The walls were filthy, water stained ceiling, shaddy characters in the parking lot. We were afraid to even take off our shoes to walk on the dirty carpet!

Only redeeming features: the staff was nice, friendly, and helpful, and the continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2004

After booking a reservation online, we arrived to find that the pictures on the internet of this property are NOT accurate. Motel is located between a truck stop and a fireworks stand. They refused to accept our cancellation and charged us for a night's stay even though we never checked in.

Been to Knights Inn Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!