“Take your own towels and coffee pot!” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Murfreesboro
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2036 South Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130   |
Ranked #25 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
“Take your own towels and coffee pot!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The gentlemen that helped me at check in and check out were very nice and also timely. However, the maid was extremely rude and intrusive. Each day we hung the do not disturb sign when we left and each day they had been in our room. We had several more people than towels but since I asked for more I was treated as a criminal who wanted to steal their towels! One incident I told her when I opened the door that we did not need anymore towels but I needed washcloths; when I told her they had picked up all our washcloths and so I did not have any to trade her for new ones she marched past me without invitation into our restroom to just check!!!
I understand the room is very inexpensive and I would have been happy with the rest of my stay. There was a microwave, mini-fridge, and hairdryer. They do have an ice machine, and two sets of washers/dryers available near the pool. The mattresses, walls, and tub were stained. The sheets were clean. We never saw any bugs/insects. There was not a coffee pot, just a heads up. There were two vending machines, but neither was working. Breakfast is available from 6a-9a including donuts, orange juice, toast, and cereal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tamarac, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks as an extended stay thing. My first room was a smoking room and it was real bad. Since a lot of people are here for extended stay it's hard to get a non smoking room. However after 3 days I got one and I'm fine. So yes the staff did accommodate me .and I'm over all satisfied.

For about $200.00 per week which includes your utilities in a metropolitan area what more can you ask for. Is it perfect no but I will say this the people here are safe to be around there is a 24 hour security Camera and if you get a non smoking room it's in fairly decent shape. During an extended stay visit you do get maid service every other day and my bed is clean.

If you are looking for a flat screen tv, $1000.00 couches, jucuzzi and all room service this is not the place. but if you are looking to safe money and have a safe environment that has a refridge and micro this is good.

If you are looking for less expensive you can goto the Jackson motel or Murfreesboro motel and be surrounded by Crack addicts. I walked into those places and i was afraid to leave my car in the lot overnight. At the Knights Inn where I'm staying now not once was my car bothered and my GPS is in the window.

Would I like a better place sure. but this is good enough for me given what else is out there in a metropolitan area. If you go to to a rural community yes you will find less expensive, but for my purposes since I had business dealings in the metro area this worked out better.

Anyway I would definitely recommend this place if you are practical if you want lux goto the holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dunnellon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here a while back. Well I stayed for an hour that is until I couldn't stand the cigarette smoke smell in the room. When I went to use the bathroom I opened the toilet lid and woe and behold the toilet hadn't been cleaned. A huge 'slab' of excrement was curled up in the bottom of the bowl. This cleanliness matched the rest of the room.

That was enough for me! I was outta there!!

Heed all the warnings; stay in your car if needed, look for a prison cell, take '5 Hour Energy,' but don't stay here!

Room Tip: Call the authorities to have the place condemned.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Leesburg,Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just a little humor there in the title. Stayed there last night, July 18. Dated - yes. a bit worn- yes. Clean - yes. Friendly - yes. I missed the breakfast as it's 6 to 9 am and I was on eastern time so when I looked in at what I thought was 0600 there was nothing ready.
None the less. I slept well took a shower and was on my way.
What more would one expect for 29.95 a knight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed July 6th 13, The pictures and comments featured on the companies website must be some other hotel, because this place DOES NOT LOOK that clean or inviting. Our room was Dirty, the walls paper thin as people moved around all night above us. The Pool was locked down like a virgin in Sunday school. We actually chose this place for the pool as it was advertised on Hotels as an amenity. Breakfasts should be more clearly identified what you get at a hotel. This place advertised breakfast, your choice was 3 cereals, artificial orange juice and not so good coffee. The Hotel reservation person was nasty and obtuse. It appeared the rate was very reasonable, but if you have a family and need two beds the price is just shy of a good Best Western. Again, this place was the only one that offered a Pool that of course wasn't available. It appeared this place was the place of choice for Migrant farm workers.

Room Tip: Almost any other place will do.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Yes, the rooms are cheap, But I'd expect a little better of a room than what we got. We were terrified to even get under the covers. I am pretty sure I didn't sleep. We were itchy (good thing our luggage never came in with us). There was blood? spatters on the sheets. The mattresses were full of filth. Pillow had no cover, was just a pillow case over Brown foam that looked like it held bugs.. There was food on the floor from previous guests. The cord for the lamp was taped with electrical tape to fix the problems it had. Toilet wouldn't flush. Door wouldn't lock, so We put the table in front of it. If it wasn't so late at night, we would have left and went somewhere else!! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tracy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband stayed at this hotel on the 29th of Aug 2012. He woke up to bed bugs crawling all over his room. Because my husband is a Pastor and was on the church budget that had already paid for the room he was unable to purchase a new room that night. He tried to call the hotel desk to have his room moved but noone would answer the phone in the middle of the night. He was already eaten up by the bugs at that point and did not sleep the rest of the night. DO NOT stay in these rooms or risk being eaten by bed bugs. We had to throw away his luggage, clothes and personal effects...and now the bites are infected. Wyndam resorts will be hearing from us further on the matter, but until then please don't stay there and risk your health!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!