3 days before Christmas I learned I would be traveling to Murfreesboro for a family funeral during Christmas weekend. After looking at several hotels in the area I read the reviews of the Embassy and decided that I would pay the extra money for a decent hotel that included breakfast.
Upon arrival I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and how friendly the staff was. At the last minute I learned that a family member was going to be staying with us - which was not a problem because of the sleeper sofa - for 30 dollars more a night they accomidated me.
The rooms were a good size and clean, however; the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable - like sleeping on a board. My brother-in-law who stayed with us said the pull out sofa was also uncomfortable. Priviously I have stayed at the Double Tree in Murfreesboro and found the bed there to be very comfortable - I did not stay there because the hotel is not that clean. Had I known how uncomfortable the bed at the Embassy was going to be I would have stayed at the Double Tree.
Over Christmas weekend the hotel was well staffed. Our room was cleaned and stocked with towels without any calls to the front desk. Another family member who stayed at the Double Tree this weekend said that their room was never serviced and that they had to place all of their dirty towels outside of their room thinking that someone would pick them up. Their towels sat there all weekend.
The "happy hour" was nice...serving "well" mixed drinks, wine, and the only beer on tap - Budwieser. Breakfast was "okay"...the best thing there were the made to order omelets (not sure if they were real eggs) and box cereal. Everything else was dry and/or overcooked.
I rate this stay average at best because I expect the rooms to be clean, the staff to be nice, the beds to be comfortable, and the advertised breakfast to be good. But with the backbreaking sleep and so-so breakfast this hotel earned an average score in my eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Nashville SE- Murfreesboro is located adjacent to The Avenue Murfreesboro shopping, dining and leisure venue. Only 30 minutes from downtown Nashville, our hotel offers an indoor swimming pool, fitness center and on-site spa. Book a room at our all-suite hotel or plan your next event in one of our many flexible function spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Nashville SE - Murfreesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Hotel Murfreesboro
- Embassy Suites Murfreesboro