“Nothing outstanding” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Tennessee
“Nothing outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our party of five decided to try Pei Wei again since it had been awhile since dining at this establishment.

I ordered the Shrimp Lo Mein which had few veggies and alot of bland noodles. I doubt if I would order it again from this restaurant.

The others had a variety of foood off the menu, but no one mentioned their food was very good.

It was a nice place but would rather go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nashville
“This Pei Wei is the Pits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am a big fan of Pei Wei and eat there an average of twice a week and have visited scores of units around the country. Love the place. This Murfreesboro restaurant is an outlier and a big disappointment. I'm writing this review only after four consecutive negative experiences at this location. On a prior visit, the manager told me they have had a lot of trouble retaining quality employees, and it's certainly obvious. On my last visit on Friday, 8/10/2012: the order taker was not friendly, the hot and sour soup was not hot, the crab won tons were slightly burnt. Kung Pao chicken featured undercooked beans. When I arrived two employees were on break, sitting at the counter. One was eating, the other had his head down and was taking a nap. The tea container was missing completely, so I was forced to select from the wretched Coca Cola freestyle machine, which is another story in itself. Eight of the basic flavors on the first page were out ... which, if you know anything about these machines, means there were very few choices. There were no knives. The table was sticky. The people working at this location clearly do not care. I've been eating at this Pei Wei since it opened, but no more. This place has become, in my opinion, the scourge of a very fine chain.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Excellent Takeout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Pei Wei is a frequent choice of ours for reasonably priced and tasty take-out after work!

Visited April 2012
Dalton, Georgia
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I like this restaurant a lot! The food is great, I especially love the Blazing Noodles with shrimp, and the price is reasonable. We always take home leftovers! Even my son, who is hard to please, loves the kids dishes. The staff was very nice and I love that they have outdoor seating. Over all, a nice family place to eat.

• Visited September 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MidTN
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Went here with 2 other people. No one I was with thought it was any good and it was over priced. None of usfinished our meals, we didn't take it to go nor will we be going back. I like to tell people to try everthing at least once, for they may like it. I'm having a hard time saying that of this place. BTW, I live in Thailand.

• Visited July 2010