“Quaint & tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Quaint & tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband & I ate here today for a late lunch. He had the grilled whitefish with mashed potatoes and I had the firecracker shrimp tacos with a house salad. His fish looked delicious & he said it was perfectly seasoned & grilled. His mashed potatoes had a wonderful, buttery made-from-scratch flavor. My 2 shrimp tacos were great. The shrimp had a crispy, light breading and was served in a soft tortilla with mixed greens, shredded cheese, tomatoes & spicy sauce. The tacos were light on the sauce so I wish I would have requested extra sauce. It had a nice spicy flavor but not hot-burn-your mouth spicy.
Our entrees were about $8-9 per person, so it is about average pricing for many similar restaurants at lunch. Our service was great - at one point we were the only ones in the place because it was between the lunch & dinner rush & it was a rainy day.
One last thing about the food - The bread was INCREDIBLE! Yeast rolls fried to a golden color served with honey mustard. HOLY COW! YUMMY! We raved on & on about the bread to our server, Nellie, that she gave us a few fresh from the fryer to take home.
The location is right on the town square and has a very quaint, romantic, small town feel. I would definitely eat here again as a date night or to meet friends for dinner.
Overall, I would eat here again for lunch and will come back some time soon for dinner. The service was good, the food was very enjoyable & the atmosphere was delightful.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“A good date night restaurant, but steak quality was lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had our first visit ever to the Maple Street Grille for our 29th wedding anniversary on a Saturday night. We called for early reservations (5:30 PM), but reservations weren't really needed that early. The service was excellent, and our server was very attentive and pleasant. The food quality was good overall, however the $22 ribeye steak I had was much too tough for that price, which was disappointing. I have had much better steaks at Outback for the same (or slightly cheaper) price. The restaurant atmosphere and ambiance is perfect for a romantic date. For dessert, I would highly recommend the chocolate chip cookies cooked in a skillet, and topped with vanilla bean ice cream (I can't remember the name of this dessert).

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Crab Cakes to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

It is my husband's birthday and he wanted to go to Maple Street Grill. I forgot to make reservations for us and the hostess suggested the bar. We found a lovely table next to some very fine people.

He ordered the Lobster Bisque (which is the best ever), salad and Crab Cakes. I had the same. It was delicious. No it was fantastic. The Crab Cakes were so tender and seasoned perfectly.

After we ate I ordered their new dessert Apple Moonshine Bread Pudding.
OMGoodness, it was phenomenal!!!!

I definitely recommend this wonderful restaurant. This is a MUST!

Visited June 2014
Murfreesboro
“The best place in the boro to have a romantic dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have been eating at Maple Street Grill for years and we have always had a wonderful experience. The food is always excellent, the service is empecable and the ambience is so relaxing. It's one of favorite places to eat!

• Visited January 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love going to Maple Street Grill for date nights or to take out-of-towners for something different than the chain restaurants. Prices are reasonable and the menu is manageable. Servers have always been knowledgeable and friendly. Brick walls give a nice ambiance appropriate to an historic building on the square, but everything seems clean and modern. Try the sangria.

• Visited May 2014