“Great Lunch Deals” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great Lunch Deals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I drove by The Chop House numerous times and always thought “expensive steak place’. However, I was taken there for my birthday last week and what a surprise! The setting is wonderful with a fireplace burning in the middle of the dining room giving an intimate feel. The service was helpful to newcomers, attentive and efficient. Lunch was delicious, varied well beyond just steak and offered at great prices. Selections range from $7 to $10 with 32 choices available. My companion was very pleased with her Blue Crab Cake ($7 for 1 or $10 for 2 cakes) and choice of 1 side. She had a side of fried beans and banana peppers. I recommend the Petit Lunch Chop which is 4 ozs of tender pork chop served with two side items for $7. Because I was celebrating and love blue cheese, I added the Chopped Salad for $3.50. Though we did not mention it to our waitress, she overheard someone stop by to offer birthday wishes, so she brought a delicious moist chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce topped by a candle – a thoughtful addition to a lovely lunch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great stakehouse!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Friendly staff, really cool place, has a fireplace located in the middle that feels the whole restaurant more cozy

Steaks are great, I suggest the Newyork!

Nice for business or family reunion

Nashville
“Juicy steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ok, a little expensive, but the steaks are really tender and juicy. I like the variety of sides as well. Service is snobby most of the time, but the food is really good.

Visited October 2013
Memphis
“Balling on a Budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My daughter and I ate here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The lunch menu prices are from $7 - $10. We were seated immediately in the bar dining area. This was our first time here and the waitress was patient while explaining the menu items to us. The bread they serve you before your meal is delicious. We both ordered the Lobster Alfredo pasta. While the lobster, blue crab and shrimp pieces were very insignificant the dish was very flavorful and enjoyable. I would definitely return when in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great birthday experience for hubby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

An enjoyable dining experience was had for my husband's birthday on September 18, 2013. We sat in the bar dining area and were so pleased to have the bartender, Paris, take care of us for the evening. This guy is the 'Energizer Bunny of this Chop House'. He not only took exceptional care of us without missing a beat on refilling our water without prompting and taking our orders, he even hand--stuffed my husbands olives with jalapenos for his martini, while taking care of other patrons! He even picked up on, without being told, that it was my husband's birthday and brought a birthday celebration dessert with a lighted candle, but kept it on the down-low without all the singing some restaurants perform. Our meal was delightful in a nice atmosphere, with enjoyable music and perfectly grilled-to- perfection steaks, mushrooms, creamed spinach and the delectable chopped Bleu cheese salads. Only one issue was that our 'foodie' daughter did not care for the Béarnaise sauce, so Paris whisked it away and the manager quickly came to our table to discuss. The only reason I did not give this restaurant a 5 is the fact that we were surprised there is no happy hour in a town where this is a common practice. I highly recommend The Chop House and ask for Paris!

• Visited September 2013